What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sully Off To England???

sharknows

Bench
Gunnamatta said:
Just on Sully. He is quoted as saying he still has a bet or two and the logic is he does not believe in cold turkey and is weaning himself off gambling. A bit like a recovering alcoholic saying he still has a drink.

He said today that his manager is now basically giving him a weekly allowance to live on, so he can't get into too much trouble. I thought he showed a lot of character on tv today.

Quint

Juniors
Just read His own words in The Sun Tele....
Along the lines of ( In my words) " I spoke with Sharks management about my problem and they have kindly helped me out by paying me in advance and also putting money into the property market for me,so I am returning the favour by f**king off to England to chase the allmighty dollar,the thing that got me in this sh*t in the first place'
Don't let the door smack you on the way out and I hope it locks when you leave....

wittyfan

Referee
Cronulla have agreed that they won't stop him signing elsewhere, so what is your problem?

This is all very unfortunate.

White Poiner

Coach
this is souta sh*t, sully could of been the next star in our team. He has the most potential. If he leaves i hope he comes back when his problems have been sorted.

PJ

First Grade
Sullyfan why don't you offer to be his sugar daddy, that way he can stay and everyone's happy.

I certainly would have done it if I'd known Celine was leaving, or maybe she left because of the offer. Gee I miss her.

Quint

Juniors
I have no probs Sully.
I just think it is kinda rough to look for other options apart from the team...let me say again TEAM that gave you a life line.
He is a degenerate gambler,'The Gambling helped me numb the pain" thats Sully talking about his Mums passing.what a joke!
I've been there! Ploughed my whole weekly wage into the pokies on a regu lar basis,it did'nt numb the pain it enhanced it!!!!!
I'm well passed that now,Thank ME( I woke up to myself)
I'm not saying he does'nt have a problem but he won't solve it by continueing to chase the $.

Sam

Juniors
You think that the Board would be wanting to keep him close by if they helped pay out some of his debts. Is running off to England really going to solve the problem? There will be no-one there to support him and keep him on the straight and narrow. He'd be better off staying where he has got family, friends and team mates that know and care about him. Not to mention his loyal fans.

Quint

Juniors
As I said Sam 'Chasing the Allmighty Dollar'
Who gives a rats about family and friends when you can make up for what you've lost !
As in throwing your last $50 through a machine to get back the $580 you've lost....
The club can see that he is not ready to fix himself so they are cutting their loses...
I'd rather have a player playing half decent all year than have a player playing half a year and winding up in cement boots for not paying the bookies or bludging off his team mates thus earning him disrespect amongst the team promoting disharmony.

wittyfan

Referee
PJ said:
Sullyfan why don't you offer to be his sugar daddy, that way he can stay and everyone's happy.

I certainly would have done it if I'd known Celine was leaving, or maybe she left because of the offer. Gee I miss her.

I'm too young to be a sugar daddy. :p

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Read between the lines people.

Sully has admitted to gambling which has led to not being prepared for games, not eating right, borrowing money from the club and others (I suppose he meant players) and a whole lot of other things in so many interviews.

All of the above affects the rest of the team. Negatively. He might be trying to portray the Sharks as good guys (I'm sure they did help him) and the Sharks might be keeping quiet but you can bet that any decision to let him leave will be based on cutting more rust from the chassis.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Quint said:
As I said Sam 'Chasing the Allmighty Dollar'
Who gives a rats about family and friends when you can make up for what you've lost !
As in throwing your last $50 through a machine to get back the $580 you've lost....
The club can see that he is not ready to fix himself so they are cutting their loses...
I'd rather have a player playing half decent all year than have a player playing half a year and winding up in cement boots for not paying the bookies or bludging off his team mates thus earning him disrespect amongst the team promoting disharmony.

Words from the wise here people.

Latest posts