What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast give it to yawnion!!

Tighthead

When supporters need to draw the old class lines over a sport, then you know they are struggling for any meaningful and intelligent comment. I'm sure many 'fringe' unionists are suffering from a major dose of cultural cringe (they prob voted for Aust to remain a monarchy too..!!). Actually watching a game and judging it by its merits don't even come into it.

because league fans never claim that union is for the private school/tweed jacket set.

eelandia

Juniors
Tighthead said:
because league fans never claim that union is for the private school/tweed jacket set.

They see that as a compliment rather than a sledge. Terms such as mungo have different, more sinister connotation than 'Tweed Jacket' or 'Pimms drinker'.

Tighthead

They see that as a compliment rather than a sledge. Terms such as mungo have different, more sinister connotation than 'Tweed Jacket' or 'Pimms drinker'.

So when people refer to rugby union players/supporters as toffs, homosexuals, lards etd they are actually paying them compliments?

Woods99

Juniors
number8 said:
I think they are just pointing out the obvious.

The "obvious" truth is that all sorts of different people follow rugby union, also rugby league, also Australian football, also soccer.

To argue otherwise is to promote a kind of apartheid.

Chachi

Bench
C'mon everyone, Union has it's merits, like:
1. Being able to win a game by kicking 17 penalty goals to 16.
2. Accidentally stomping on the ball after mistaking it for someones head.
3. Watching Wendell Sailor fall asleep.
4. ...nup, that's about it.

Woods99 said:
The "obvious" truth is that all sorts of different people follow rugby union, also rugby league, also Australian football, also soccer.

I'd be happier if I didn't have to piss in the same trough as you. You would be too, urine would stain your elbow patches...

iggy plop

First Grade
Tighthead said:
So when people refer to rugby union players/supporters as toffs, homosexuals, lards etd they are actually paying them compliments?

Truth hurts hey T 1?

Looks like another attempted double-barreled assault from those rah rah geniuss the T Brothers.

Brutus

Referee
iggy plop said:
Truth hurts hey T 1?

Looks like another attempted double-barreled assault from those rah rah geniuss the T Brothers.

Those union apologists,Tighthead and Thomas, do seem to work as a team.

Like magnets to a union thread.

Kingbunny

Juniors
Woods99 said:

You mean, like in France during WWI and South Africa !

taipan

Referee
Kingbunny said:
You mean, like in France during WWI and South Africa !
Dont mention the war or what happened in the land of the Boers its a sensitive issue.We really dont care ,the past is the past,we must think of the present and the proud traditions,we must continue to look at sections of history through rose coloured glasses.The past must not hinder our glorious march to the future.;-)

iggy plop

First Grade
Thomas said:
I think he likes you....

Tighthead said:
Thanks for the compliment, iggy.

Beavis and Butthead, union-style, are back! The terrible twosome.

CORNANIM.GIF
CORNANIM.GIF
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=beavis+butthead&hl=en&lr=&oi=imagesr&start=1

Latest posts