What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Roast give it to yawnion!!

iggy plop

First Grade
Timbo said:
A bit hypocritical, seeing as though Newcastle and Manly were both on the back end of massive hidings the previous night also.

Does this mean league is totally lopsided? Of course not!

They also failed to mention the crackerjack Union game in Hamilton on the same night.

*waits for abuse*

But the 15th placed Rabbitohs thrashed teh second placed Manly.

Do you think Samoa will thrash the Wannabies next time around? :lol:

Jae

Juniors
That's the main reason people rave about how great rugby's international scene is... they have a few competitive teams that just play each other over and over and over again. It'd be like having Brisbane vs North Queensland every week and going on about how competitive and exciting the NRL is.

Woods99

Juniors
Gee, here's a scoop. A bunch of leaguies bag rugby union on a league show.

Wow!

What next, the Pope promoting Catholicism?

Scott

Bench
I actually like Union, not as much as league though. Although I must say it was very funny, especially MG.

taipan

Referee
Woods99 said:

Wow!

And it doesnt happen vice versa.Taxi to the optometrist for Woods99.

shiznit

Coach
usually this time of the year is Origin time for me.
but not this year, the Lions tour to NZ sh*ts all over origin for mine.
25 years of history!! pffft!!
try over 100 years!!
a tour that comes along only once every 12 years. and brings over 25 thousand fans from britan. i live in hamilton and this week its been the craziest time ever. the barmy army have been all over the pubs and the football has been magnificent.
GO THE MAORI'S!!

Chook

First Grade
iggy plop said:
The Wannabies playing NZ and South Africa 4 times in a season.

Talk about trying to pad out a season with much of the same.

Ho hum, another game against white southafrica and little NZ.

Spot on Iggy. The Super 12's/Tri Nations/Bledisloe Cup, they are jersey swop comps!!

The same players in the same teams playing the same players in the same teams, just in different jerseys. Big f**king whoop!! The Super 12's are a Panasonic Cup comp with lots and lots and lots of hype.

Chiook.

ByRd

First Grade
who cares about the lions tour, you cant compare that with the origin series LOL

number8

Juniors
Union of any description ~ :sleeper:

Union supporters ~ :blahb:

All together now ~ :sleeper:

Green Machine

First Grade
shiznit said:
i live in hamilton and this week its been the craziest time ever. the barmy army have been all over the pubs and the football has been magnificent.
GO THE MAORI'S!!

Who owns the pub in Hamilton now?

tye

Juniors
What a classy bunch.....although it is ironic that JOHNS brought the gay community into it....he must of got offended,.....idiot

number8

Juniors
Watching union........Fans.....Insecure.........feeling sleepy.................dozing off..........................Union ..............sending me........I......I............:sleeper:

Brutus

Referee
Woods99 said:

Wow!

Ever heard of Fitzsimmons and David Koch you worm.

Try Mike Carlton one morning.

Just the cream of the league-bagging society.

I say more union-bashing on league shows. It cracks me up every time.

Ari Gold

Bench
Woods99 said:

Wow!

um....you actually dont see RL journos bagging Union that often.

Fitzsimmons bags RL out constantly.....

why are you on these forums WOODS99, if you love Union so much???

every single post that ive read of yours....you have been wanking over how great union is.

Woods99 said:
I would guess that there are many more people playing club rugby just in Sydney than will ever play league in Lebanon.

Club rugby is doing okay, why don't you go to see a game. You might be surprised. Try Eastwood, they are always good value.

No, they dropped it because Fox Sports put the price up after the huge success of the 2003 World Cup. Even then, the rights never allowed for live telecasts -- FTA was never allowed to show Super 12...

Big weekend, eh, Green Machine, All Blacks and Fiji, Wallabies and Samoa, and the British and Irish Lions and NZ Maori.

Note that there will be two rugby union games simultaneously on FTA, Randwick...

Signing Wendell, in particular, was a piece of marketing brilliance which gave the ARU massive publicity for relatively little financial outlay.

go and praise Union on a Unions forum....

oh wait, you cant find any.....:lol:

legend

Coach
IMHO, the other codes fear league more than any other sport as it has the potential to dominate in Australia and take it's rightful place as our national winter sport.

The League are taking the slowly, slowly approach to expansion and they are doing their sums and lots of fact finding before rushing in and committing to a half arsed venture that is doomed to failure. Couple that with the fact the AFL is regressing in the northern states and Rugby is stagnant at best, then you have a recipe for success as far as RL goes.

We have some great administrators in charge of most of the clubs and blokes like Brian Waldron from the Storm will ensure the long term success of the game, not to mention a better deal out of the next FTA rights and the game has never looked healthier.

NRL crowds are at record levels and will probably set a new benchmark by seasons end and the only thing holding the game back at times is the size of the venues. Some are quite small and have trouble fitting in capacity crowds. St George and Wests Tigers are a perfect example. Origin is the biggest single sporting event in the country and I predict in ten years will be an inernational event receiving massive media coverage, especially in the USA and U.K.

If I was Gary Flowers or Andrew Demetriou, I'd be having a few sleepless nights watching the League juggernaut gain momentum.

Latest posts