What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League 2024 discussion

Coastbloke

Bench
Regardless of the score, it was a good start for the season. Perennial effheads chNein (home of rl) couldn’t even muster the decency to give it a few seconds on their sport report. The stadium attendance was a good look for the English game..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Leeds v Salford a good game. St’s hammered London as expected. Leigh lose in an upset against giants,

how good is it we are getting every game! Not helping me get house jobs done though :)

jim_57

Staff member
Leeds v Salford a good game. St’s hammered London as expected. Leigh lose in an upset against giants,

how good is it we are getting every game! Not helping me get house jobs done though :)

If having all games broadcast is to stay they have to look at scattering some of the kick off times you’d think.

Dark Corner

Juniors

Great crowds for R1 but like Rugby Union the ref is killing the game....Super League doesn't have the comfort the NRL has and fans will not bother after the Castleford Wigan game....shocking.

taste2taste

Juniors
6 Nations get great crowds but mot games are naf esp now with the whole tackle thing....Super League going the same route.
The crowd at the Scotland V France game were booing the players who spent more time kicking the ball than running with it.

Great attendances for Rd 1 Super League, I've only just recently realised the ESL has the 3rd largest attendances in any Rugby comp in the world. Not bad for a niche sport only played in Hull lol

Dark Corner

Juniors
The crowd at the Scotland V France game were booing the players who spent more time kicking the ball than running with it.

Great attendances for Rd 1 Super League, I've only just recently realised the ESL has the 3rd largest attendances in any Rugby comp in the world. Not bad for a niche sport only played in Hull lol
It was a great round for crowds loads of people complaining about the rules and it's not even 2025 yet.....I fear for the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRl went through it till it settled down, SL is just going through the same. Everyone's trying to minimise concussions. Thats the world we live in, Im sure the players will be thankful for it in later life.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Round 1. A successful start to the season with record attendance for a Rd1 since SL began. Bit of controversy with all the cards for head contact but wouldn't be RL without some ref/game bashing. Only real upset was Giants beating Leigh.

1708311536430.png

1708311557674.png

jim_57

Staff member
NRl went through it till it settled down, SL is just going through the same. Everyone's trying to minimise concussions. Thats the world we live in, Im sure the players will be thankful for it in later life.

A sin bin or even send off isn’t the inevitable loss of the game it used to be either, teams seem to have adapted. Catalans won with 12 men for half the game when their captain/hooker got sent, Warriors only lost by 2 yesterday with 12 men for 3/4 of the game.

It will settle down after a few weeks I’d imagine.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if the "bumper crowds' are due to IMG ? Clubs and fans know they are in charge of thier clubs future.
Not likely, Ive seen clubs go bust becuase the fans didnt get off their arses.
Like most things hype it up, make it at a price point thats affordable, make the event worth going to and low and behold people will attend.

IMG is making clubs accountable to grow those things that get fans to games and watching on tv/phones. Long may it continue.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rd1 Attendances

HFC 20,014
Leeds 15,125
St's 14,058
Cas 10,170
Dragons 8,867
Leigh 8,508

Total 76,699 (Rd1 record)
Avg 12,783