What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League commentary

Big-Hitter

Juniors
Just wondering whether Andrew Voss would also be commentating or if the terminally irritating Edward & Steven from sky had been drafted in.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if those two muppets weren't involved. It never ceases to amaze me how bad those two are, particularly in comparison to the excellent summarisers/commentators Down Under.

kaon

Juniors
I have a question relating to this, did Andrew Voss record the names of the super league players of will they just be referred to by their position?

StHelens

Juniors
Big-Hitter said:
irritating Edward & Steven

Their names are Edward and Michael if you wanna be all posh :roll: (Mike Stephenson)

They may not be the best commentators but I'd prefer them to anybody else to be presenting the Super League because I think they are entertaining!

And why is it always said that the NRL is, in every aspect, better than the Super League, it really annoys me because the NRL aint perfect!

Rant over...... :roll:

Monkey

Juniors
Yeah, get Eddie n Stevo in. doesn't matter what ozzie's think of em. it makes it more realistic for ESL.

n ray french for challenge cup!!!

Mario

Juniors
kaon said:
I have a question relating to this, did Andrew Voss record the names of the super league players of will they just be referred to by their position?

Voss did most of the SuperLeague players, and all the SuperLeague teams etc.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Eddie and Stevo may of had the option to do the SL commentry but the RFL left it so late before they gave permission i doubt there was time to do the recording.

Im sure if Mario decides to make another there will be a choice in in game commentry including Eddie and Stevo.From what i heard of vossy on the NRL GF video he sounded really good so we dont need to worry too much.

Monkey

Juniors
I think half the problem is that stevo n eddie dont do much commentary. they have more of a chat and talk about the game while it goes on. probably a bit harder to do. some things would be easy. like T-R-Y time, but rambling crap about how it should be a penalty against wigan would be harder to do. :D

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont have a problem with Eddie, I think he's alright. Its the other guy thats irritating, Stevo. He makes some harsh comments. But I rather have those 2 than Andy Raymond and Garry Freeman.

Goleel

Juniors
As great as different commentary for different regions would be, it's a total waste of money and development time I reckon, one commentary for all versions of the game would be fine, and you really can't complain about Vossy, he's a good commentator, whereas the ESL commentators can get very annoying at times, even though they are very entertaining. If it was in there, I certainly wouldn't complain, but if it got in there on the money and time that could be spent putting in more game modes, better graphics or gameplay enhancements, I wouldn't be so pleased.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Monkey said:
I think half the problem is that stevo n eddie dont do much commentary. they have more of a chat and talk about the game while it goes on. probably a bit harder to do. some things would be easy. like T-R-Y time, but rambling crap about how it should be a penalty against wigan would be harder to do. :D
gees i hope channel 9 are taking Rabs, Fatty and Sterlo over to call Ashes Tests. Because honestly Hemmings and Stevo might be great SL commentators but they are just bloody annoyingly bias in the test matches.
Deadset last Roo Tour i thought they both wanted to root Farrel badly as the seemed to shot their loads everytime he got the ball.

Big-Hitter

Juniors
Goleel said:
As great as different commentary for different regions would be, it's a total waste of money and development time I reckon, one commentary for all versions of the game would be fine, and you really can't complain about Vossy, he's a good commentator, whereas the ESL commentators can get very annoying at times, even though they are very entertaining. If it was in there, I certainly wouldn't complain, but if it got in there on the money and time that could be spent putting in more game modes, better graphics or gameplay enhancements, I wouldn't be so pleased.

Just wondering if you'd still say the game if the boot was on the other foot and you had to put up with Eddie & Stevo on the NRL version.

Much as I loathe those two, I guess having them do the commentary would add to the realism. I just prefer the more informed commentary that Aussie fans get from their callers.

Monkey

Juniors
Big-Hitter said:
Just wondering if you'd still say the game if the boot was on the other foot and you had to put up with Eddie & Stevo on the NRL version.

Much as I loathe those two, I guess having them do the commentary would add to the realism. I just prefer the more informed commentary that Aussie fans get from their callers.

cheers big hitter, this is exactly what i've been tryin to say. and i know its bein made in aus, but if punds are being spent on the game aswell, this means we should get a say in it aswell?

Big-Hitter

Juniors
You can't blame Sidhe for that.

The RFL botched the whole thing up and the only reason that we've still got Super League teams in after their last-minute u-turn is because Sidhe were proactive enough to prepare english teams and stadia just in case.

Goleel

Juniors
I don't think Rabs had much interest, he would have been the first man approached, I'd guess, but he probably didn't want to do it. Maybe he had a bad experience with ARL 96 or something like that. He could have had commitments somewhere else too, you never know, but I have a feeling it was his personal choice.

If this was a UK produced game, well, I'd have to put up with the ESL commentary, and sure I'd push for Rabs or Vossy, but at the same time, you really can't expect two commentary sets for any game. I'd say most people would agree that on a worldwide scale of league commentators, Vossy and Rabs are miles ahead, then probably even Warren Smith is better than the ESL guys, so we are getting the best.

Latest posts