What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Crowdwatch

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
langpark said:
are you telling me 300 fans travelled from France!? I thought it would have been zero.

yes my mistake

When they played Saints there were quite a few genuine frenchies in the crowd. Whether they had come over specifically for the game or were living/working in the UK and fancied watching I'm not sure.

The Cats have also attracted a gaggle of British 'fans of the game'. These are people who I presume support non-Super League sides or who are disillusioned with their own club and choose to pick Catalan away days to attend.

langpark

First Grade
Just some ticket updates from Hull here:

10,000 already sold for the March 17 match with St Helens
17,300 already sold for the April 9 match with Hull KR
http://www.hullfc.com/index.php?/news/more/excellent-pre-match-sales-show-supporters-loyalty/

and they have 7,892 season ticket holders (very specific)
http://www.hullfc.com/index.php?/news/more/tickets-and-merchandise-hit-record-levels/

I wonder if Hull will be 'the Wigan of this year' - in that Wigan had a shocking season last year yet their fans stayed solid. Hope this is the case in Hull.

steeden.

Juniors
langpark said:
Just some ticket updates from Hull here:

10,000 already sold for the March 17 match with St Helens
17,300 already sold for the April 9 match with Hull KR
http://www.hullfc.com/index.php?/news/more/excellent-pre-match-sales-show-supporters-loyalty/

and they have 7,892 season ticket holders (very specific)
http://www.hullfc.com/index.php?/news/more/tickets-and-merchandise-hit-record-levels/

I wonder if Hull will be 'the Wigan of this year' - in that Wigan had a shocking season last year yet their fans stayed solid. Hope this is the case in Hull.

hopefully!!!!!! the Hull KR game will be a sellout easily. and can Wakefield please stop winning and be relegated.

After round 5
Wire/Saints 13,024
Wigan/Quins 14,971
HKR/Leeds 8,086
Bradford/Salford 10,640
Wakey/Catalans 5,332
Huddersfield/Hull 7,188
Round Total 59,241
Season Total 311,876
Round average 9,874
Season average 10,396

langpark

First Grade
still solid, lets hope it can be maintained throughout the season.

I think some lower clubs like Wakey and Hudds seemed to have turned a bit of a corner as far as crowds go, which is great to see

deluded pom?

Coach
The Hull derby is virtually sold out. Attendance is limited to less than 23,000 though for safety reasons. RL Express are describing it as the hottest ticket in town ;-)

langpark

First Grade
23k!? safety reasons!? that's BS, why have a 25k capacity if you're never gonna use it all. man that pi$$es me rite off.

St.John

Juniors
langpark said:
23k!? safety reasons!? that's BS, why have a 25k capacity if you're never gonna use it all. man that pi$$es me rite off.

You're not entirely familiar with the depth of feeling around this game, are you?

Hull rugby fans have, erm, a certain reputation.

deluded pom?

Coach
St.John said:
You're not entirely familiar with the depth of feeling around this game, are you?

Do they St.John? Pray tell me exactly what that reputation is please? ;-)

langpark

First Grade
St.John said:

i know the hull reputation, the supposed badasses of RL. But come on, in this day and age, where there's no terracing anymore and probably better security. Manchester and Liverpool don't do this crap for their derbies and they're at way bigger venues. It's bullsh*tt.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
Do they St.John? Pray tell me exactly what that reputation is please? ;-)

The one that they're baby eating, limb removing, skull splitting, knife wielding, post breaking thu...

Aren't you a Hull fan yourself?

Yes? In that case, they are wonderful people, full of boundless generosity, kindness and compasion.

St.John

Juniors
langpark said:
i know the hull reputation, the supposed badasses of RL. But come on, in this day and age, where there's no terracing anymore and probably better security. Manchester and Liverpool don't do this crap for their derbies and they're at way bigger venues. It's bullsh*tt.

When after this match they'e demonstrated that they can behave themselves, I see no problem with a raised capacity for this game in the future.

But I think they're doing the right thing be being careful. Manchester and Liverpool is pretty irrelevent.

deluded pom?

Coach
Fairleigh Good! said:
The one that they're baby eating, limb removing, skull splitting, knife wielding, post breaking thu...

Aren't you a Hull fan yourself?

Yes? In that case, they are wonderful people, full of boundless generosity, kindness and compasion.

Yes I am you joy riding, thieving, doley Scouse git ;-)

bartman

Immortal
langpark said:
still solid, lets hope it can be maintained throughout the season.

I think some lower clubs like Wakey and Hudds seemed to have turned a bit of a corner as far as crowds go, which is great to see
Wouldn't it be great to see no Super League game with a gate below 5,000? That's when you know the corner has truly been turned, and what I'm sure the league is aspriing to see.

I was quite impressed with my first visit to KC stadium, was made to feel quite welcome probably as a result of previous situations. It will be a massive atmosphere with a lot of banter, on form at the moment should be a good contest that can go either way. Just comes down to how the losing crowd chooses to take the loss and whether the winning crowd affords them the dignity to do so.

But imagine the anti-climax for all concerned if the game ends up a draw...

deluded pom?

Coach
One of the best derbies I saw was a 20-20 draw at the Boulevard in the early eighties. The Dobbins attempted a late drop goal but fortunately a Hull player touched it in flight as it went through the posts. Phew.

langpark

First Grade
bartman said:
Wouldn't it be great to see no Super League game with a gate below 5,000? That's when you know the corner has truly been turned, and what I'm sure the league is aspriing to see.

I was quite impressed with my first visit to KC stadium, was made to feel quite welcome probably as a result of previous situations. It will be a massive atmosphere with a lot of banter, on form at the moment should be a good contest that can go either way. Just comes down to how the losing crowd chooses to take the loss and whether the winning crowd affords them the dignity to do so.

But imagine the anti-climax for all concerned if the game ends up a draw...
Well i think the only sub-5000 crowds so far have been Salford v Les Cats (4000) and Quins' two matches (3 & 3.5k i think). I think from here on in there's a chance Salford could stay close to the 5000 mark in their low drawing matches if some results go their way. As for Wakey, they got 5 or 6000 to the Les Cats match didn't they? That right their is impressive. If they do get that new stadium they'll be a great Super League side of the future.

As for the derby being a draw, i think that'd be the result police and security would be the happiest with.

deluded pom?

Coach
You all seem to be under the illusion that the losing supporters will be going on the rampage, raping and pillaging. It's not quite THAT bad :roll:

bartman

Immortal
Just going on my previous experience of Bulldogs fans at Parramatta after a loss DP ;-)

deluded pom?

Coach
The Dobbins fans are full of themselves at the moment. Crowing about how the eight points on offer in the derbies are as good as theirs. We'll wait and see on that one. What you have to realise is that members of your extended family (cousins etc.) might support the other team. I personally have cousins who support the Dobbins but we don't like to talk about them. You work alongside Dobbins supporters all week. I'm not going to start throwing punches all of a sudden just because there's a slim chance we might lose.

Latest posts