What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Crowdwatch

hutch

First Grade
St.John said:
You're not entirely familiar with the depth of feeling around this game, are you?

Hull rugby fans have, erm, a certain reputation.

they cant be any worse than some bulldog fans here in sydney. i met heaps of hull fans at the gf last october, they were great fans. gave st helens a clap for winning and thanked their team, more than i could say about some fans in sydney!

deluded pom?

Coach
I'd like to think that the average Hull fan knows when we've been beaten by the better team and will acknowledge it. However we do have a certain number of idiots who cause trouble after a smell of the barmaids apron. Hull fans like a drink and this brings out the worst in some of them. A section of the KC is known as chav's corner. It's where the morions congregate to sit and stare at the away fans for eighty minutes. They'd run a mile if any real trouble started. The vast majority of RL fans are great people unfortunately a small percentage try and ruin it for the rest.

Salford/Wigan 6,025
Wakey/Leeds 9,973
Catalans/Hudds 8,300
Quins/Bradford 4,011
Hull/Saints 12,678
Wire/HKR 10,030
Round total 51,017
Round average 8,502
Season Total 362,893
Season average 10,080

The Clan

Juniors
Wakefields first six games have produced attendences which are approx 60% up on the same fixtures during last season!

Thats an astonishing statistic which gives great credit to all the superb work done off the field by Trinity.

After the financial dabacle of six years ago the Wakefield Trinity club has really got its act together and is now one of the best run clubs in the game.

All aspects are light years beyond what they were and they have also attracted one of the most wealthy men in the district as their new backer.

A new stadium may well see them regain the status they had during the sixties when the likes of Neil Fox, Dereck Turner, Harold Poynton etc.. took them to numerous Challenge Cup and league champion status on numerous occasions.

One of the oldest League clubs in the world Est. 1875, it would be great to see them back up there again.

bartman

Immortal
The Clan said:
Wakefields first six games have produced attendences which are approx 60% up on the same fixtures during last season!

Thats an astonishing statistic which gives great credit to all the superb work done off the field by Trinity.

After the financial dabacle of six years ago the Wakefield Trinity club has really got its act together and is now one of the best run clubs in the game.

All aspects are light years beyond what they were and they have also attracted one of the most wealthy men in the district as their new backer.

A new stadium may well see them regain the status they had during the sixties when the likes of Neil Fox, Dereck Turner, Harold Poynton etc.. took them to numerous Challenge Cup and league champion status on numerous occasions.

One of the oldest League clubs in the world Est. 1875, it would be great to see them back up there again.

I first came across Trinity when Eels player Ray Price came over and played an off-season for Wakefield, early 80s I think? They're going much better than expected and all power to them. Do you know if there are any plans looming for a new stadium at all? I think they'll be screwed in meeting future franchise criteria without some new stadium plans up their sleeve.

bartman

Immortal
Hope the next few sell out as well. Have they confirmed if the remaining two derby games going to be played at the KC as well?

deluded pom?

Coach
There was never going to be another two derbies at the KC. The second derby is in Cardiff the third at Caravan Park and the fourth at the KC. The reason for the reduced capacity is because the majority of the tickets that have been sold are not reserved. That's to say you can sit in any unreserved seat that's free. I believe if this is the case then by law they have to hold back 10% of tickets. If the game had been declared an all ticket game with each ticket carrying a seat number then technically they could have sold every seat in the house. One of the KC officials was quoted as saying that they could have sold 30,000 tickets such has been the demand.

bartman

Immortal
Fair enough. I thought there was talk early in the year KR might shift their home derby as well, to take advantage of the demand for tickets.

langpark

First Grade
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats V Warrington Wolves - 8000?
Bradford Bulls V Catalans Dragons - 10,000?
Huddersfield Giants V Salford Reds - 6000?
Hull FC V Wigan Warriors - 14,000?
Leeds Rhinos V Harlequins RL - 15,000?
St Helens V Hull KR - 10,000?

Hopefully a decent average this weekend?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i only watch 2 games of ESL a week here, living in Aus. And in almost everygame, the stadium is packed and the atmosphere is incredible. It sure sounds/looks like atleast 25K... however reading some things in this thread it appears that it is probably around 10K. Do the ESL clubs play in really small stadiums?

bartman

Immortal
Only 2 games are televised here in England as well no 2.

Stadium capacities (from Wikipedia, may not be 100% accurate, but a reasonable guide):
Bradford - 27,500
Catalans - 9,000?
Harlequins - 12,700
Huddersfield 24,500
Hull FC - 25,404
Hull KR - 8,500
Leeds 22,250
Salford 11,363
St Helens - 17,500
Wakefield - 10,000
Warrington - 13,024
Wigan - 25,138

langpark

First Grade
Here's this weeks crowds:
Odsal - 11,298
Galpharm - 5,275
Belle Vue - 6,119
KC - 12,755
Headingly - 15,123
Knowsley Rd - 10,523

Average - 10,182

still not a bad round.

I think the season average is now 10,095.

hutch

First Grade
East Coast Tiger said:
Season Total 423,986
Season average 10,095

not too bad, super league has come a long way in 10 years. would like to see the average up a couple more thousand. i think it will get bigger with a few big games and derbies coming up, and because the weaker teams are doing so well.

how will they work the millenium weekend out?

langpark

First Grade
hutch said:
not too bad, super league has come a long way in 10 years. would like to see the average up a couple more thousand. i think it will get bigger with a few big games and derbies coming up, and because the weaker teams are doing so well.

how will they work the millenium weekend out?
each total attendance should be divided by 3, so 70k divided by 3 and 70k divided by 3 if that's the attendance for each day. But knowing the RFL, they'll say all 6 games got 70k ech to them.