What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Squad lists - 2013 (maybe)

Señor

Juniors
Christ, Chris Hill can only manage the number 18 jersey for Warrington? He's only played one season at the top level but Smith is on the drink if he's not in the 17. I'd have him in the starting line up most weeks.

Bovrick

Juniors
Christ, Chris Hill can only manage the number 18 jersey for Warrington? He's only played one season at the top level but Smith is on the drink if he's not in the 17. I'd have him in the starting line up most weeks.

Just numbers, Ratchford should start most weeks too.

Señor

Juniors

I know they are just numbers but they should reflect the state of your squad. If you aren't going to try and name your squad properly to begin with why bother at all, why not just randomly assign players numbers according to their height or their favourite colour. Obviously a minor issue but it is one that has always bugged me.

Ratchford might struggle to start most weeks though, I think his place down the depth chart reflects his place in the Warrington squad at the moment better than Hill's. If everyone stays healthy then he might remain as a depth player. He could push Atkins or Bridge but I think we could see him in the stands for the first few weeks. However, I see Chris Hill being in the squad from the first game.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I guess Warrington didn't want to demote anyone from their first 17 considering it's the same as last year. I don't know why they didn't just let Hill keep the 20 jersey too, not like it makes any difference though, he will start every week.

Señor

Juniors
I guess Warrington didn't want to demote anyone from their first 17 considering it's the same as last year. I don't know why they didn't just let Hill keep the 20 jersey too, not like it makes any difference though, he will start every week.

Warrington has great depth this year. Better than anybody except possibly Leeds (only because I can't remember what their squad looks like :oops:).

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Warrington has great depth this year. Better than anybody except possibly Leeds (only because I can't remember what their squad looks like :oops:).

Seriously? Leeds have had the least depth of all the top 5-6 sides for a few years now, which is why any significant injury has such a big impact. The medical staff are as important as some of the fringe players. Agree about wire though. They could field a pretty strong second team

WireMan

Bench

Hill will take Mozzas number when he retires. Until then he can stay where he is. Also he would take the number of someone else and everyone else in the top 17 deserves there spot.

Nah, if everyone is fit he doesn't play. However that doesn't happen very often so i'm sure he will play a fair few times. He will eventually replace Briers or Hodgson, no one really knows yet.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

Señor

Juniors
Seriously? Leeds have had the least depth of all the top 5-6 sides for a few years now, which is why any significant injury has such a big impact. The medical staff are as important as some of the fringe players. Agree about wire though. They could field a pretty strong second team

Nah, I've always rated the team that Leeds has, maybe not this year but certainly in the past. Outside their top 17-18 isn't so strong but with that core group they fill every position well and with the exception of Ian ****ing Kirke their bench players are quite good. Before Burgess left they had an excellent prop rotation, which was an underrated but very important component to their success.

Also he would take the number of someone else and everyone else in the top 17 deserves there spot.

:p Well clearly not everyone deserves their spot. If there are players outside the top 17 who will be playing every week then there is somebody within the 17 who probably isn't.

Nah, if everyone is fit he doesn't play. However that doesn't happen very often so i'm sure he will play a fair few times. He will eventually replace Briers or Hodgson, no one really knows yet.

Other than that, looks pretty good.

I'd like to see him stay in the centres but you're probably right in saying that he will be the successor to Hodgson. I'd hate to see him in the halves though.

WireMan

Bench
:p Well clearly not everyone deserves their spot. If there are players outside the top 17 who will be playing every week then there is somebody within the 17 who probably isn't.

Nah, injuries mean someone normally misses out. There are a good few players from outside out top 17 who will make an impact next season though. McCarthy and Evans are quality and Currie is going to be a monster of a player.
:p

I'd like to see him stay in the centres but you're probably right in saying that he will be the successor to Hodgson. I'd hate to see him in the halves though.

Evans will replace Bridge but he got injured last year. Ratchford has played in the halves through his career, but with O'Brien coming through his future could easily be at fullback. If O'Brien doesn't push on though, who knows. In the centres he doesn't get the time he does from fullback and his talent is wasted there a bit.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Wakefield

1. Richard Mathers
2. Peter Fox
3. Dean Collis
4. Lee Smith
5. Ben Cockayne
6. Paul Sykes
7. Tim Smith
8. Justin Poore
9. Paul Aiton
10. Andy Raleigh
11. Ali Lauitiiti
12. Danny Kirmond
13. Danny Washbrook
14. Kyle Wood
15. Kyle Amor
16. Oliver Wilkes
17. Frankie Mariano
18. Kyle Trout
19. Vince Mellars
20. Reece Lyne
21. Matty Wildie
22. Danny Cowling
24. Lucas Walshaw
25. Isaac John
26. Bobbie Goulding, Jnr
27. Chris Annakin
28. Liam Kay
29. Adam Slater

http://www.wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/wildcats-announce-squad-numbers/2012/12/

Señor

Juniors
It is good to see that Wakefield's squad is actually improving slightly every year. They look to have a really solid team this year. Collis and Fox as a centre-wing partnership gets me excited. I'm a bit suss about Lee Smith though, his game has gone to pieces the last few years.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Catalans:

1. Brent Webb
2. Damien Blanch
3. Leon Pryce
4. Zeb Taia
5. Damien Cardace
6. Thomas Bosc
7. Scott Dureau
8. Olivier Elima
9. Ian Henderson
10. Rémi Casty
11. Steve Menzies
12. Louis Anderson
13. Greg Mounis
14. William Barthau
15. Antoni Maria
16. Eloi Pelissier
17. Kevin Larroyer
18. Daryl Millard
19. Mathias Pala
20. Michael Simon
21. Julian Bousquet
22. Jamal Fakir
23. Lopini Paea
24. Jason Baitieri
25. Vincent Duport

http://fr.catalansdragons.com/index.php?article=2012-12-20_2434

Señor

Juniors
Yeah, Taia is definitely not a centre. Brent Webb is going to be so bad as well. Rest of the team looks alright.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Wakefield

1. Richard Mathers
2. Peter Fox
3. Dean Collis
4. Lee Smith
5. Ben Cockayne
6. Paul Sykes
7. Tim Smith
8. Justin Poore
9. Paul Aiton
10. Andy Raleigh
11. Ali Lauitiiti
12. Danny Kirmond
13. Danny Washbrook
14. Kyle Wood
15. Kyle Amor
16. Oliver Wilkes
17. Frankie Mariano
18. Kyle Trout
19. Vince Mellars
20. Reece Lyne
21. Matty Wildie
22. Danny Cowling
24. Lucas Walshaw
25. Isaac John
26. Bobbie Goulding, Jnr
27. Chris Annakin
28. Liam Kay
29. Adam Slater

http://www.wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/wildcats-announce-squad-numbers/2012/12/

Not the best debut by Justin Poore. Conceded 3 penalties and sent off within 20 mins. That'll be that NRL pedigree we've been championing recently ;-)

Entertaining game though. Merry Christmas everyone

JasonE

Bench
Joe Vickery has now officially signed for Leeds Rhinos and will take the vacant number 25 jersey.

Señor

Juniors
Not the best debut by Justin Poore. Conceded 3 penalties and sent off within 20 mins. That'll be that NRL pedigree we've been championing recently ;-)

Entertaining game though. Merry Christmas everyone

Had the claret running from Bailey's head. I think that is a pretty good debut.

Latest posts