What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superleague GF (this week)

Billythekid

First Grade
Sorry if this is posted somewhere but could someone tell me when the final of the ESL is on. I really don't want to miss it but i have no idea when it's on.

deluded pom?

Coach
I'm not sure if it's being broadcast live to Australia but it kicks off at 6pm next Saturday, 13th, UK time.

bartman

Immortal
Grand Final should be live to Australia and NZ through Fox Sports/Sky NZ.

And we have the top two teams on the table facing off at Old Trafford - St Helens v Leeds.

Saints should be favourites, but if it is a close run thing like the clash two weeks ago, then we could be in for a good contest.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
deluded pom? said:
I'm not sure if it's being broadcast live to Australia but it kicks off at 6pm next Saturday, 13th, UK time.

That means 3am sunday morning... EST

Saints by 10

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Definately live into Aus, as was the major semi on Saturday morning. It is usually on at around 2:30-3:00 as Mr Farenheit says. Easy to remember as the sun starts to rise as the game finishes.

It'll be a cracker, the best for a while. Leeds by 6.

JasonE

Bench
Should be a belter and pretty much a 50/50 bet, if Peacock can get a bit more support from the likes of Ryan Bailey and Leuluai then i think the Rhinos could just do it.

Can't wait for Cas v Widnes either. What a game that will be.

bartman

Immortal
JasonE said:
Can't wait for Cas v Widnes either. What a game that will be.
Yes! 6pm tonight (equivalent to 3am Mon in Oz), the two best NL1 teams fighting for the final promotion to Superleague before franchises...

Featherstone v Oldham beforehand for the second promotion spot up to NL1 (Celtic Crusaders having earned automatic promotion finishing top).

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
bartman said:
Yes! 6pm tonight (equivalent to 3am Mon in Oz), the two best NL1 teams fighting for the final promotion to Superleague before franchises...

Featherstone v Oldham beforehand for the second promotion spot up to NL1 (Celtic Crusaders having earned automatic promotion finishing top).

The NL1 decider is arguably the biggest game in lower division history, you would have to expect the winner to claim a license mid way through next year. It would be a massive ask for the club that loses tomorrow to get one. For what its worth, Castleford by 12.

deluded pom?

Coach
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
real money would be ok if i had a PayPal account, so avatar it is :fist:

Are you an FC or KR fan?

I despise the red and white scum. I take it you won't be liking a St George avatar?

bartman

Immortal
Either would meet the franchise criteria I expect, and have been pre-approved for promotion should they win the GF.

With Salford a given to retain a franchise imo, and Celtic Crusaders heavily suspected to be in the mix for the extra two 2009 spots to allow for some expansion, then that only leaves room for two of Widnes or Cas or Hull KR (whose avoidance of relegation probably kept them ahead). So winner tonight does take all, it seems!

I presume coverage will be on BBC Radio Leeds http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/leeds.shtml (Real Player), who have just covered the Featherstone v Oldham match, which sees the Rovers promoted following a 24-6 win.

bartman

Immortal
Castleford storm back into Super League for 2008. 36-10 with not enough (8) minutes remaining. Big night for West Yorkshire.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Wow, that was a really easy win for Cas in the end, very disappointing from Widnes. Four GF losses on the trot for McCormack too, you have to feel for the guy.

Looking grim for Widnes now with rumours that they have run out of money and will be a part time club next season.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Well done to Cas, they were my tip from early on (didn't have to be a genius) and even though Widnes kept up with them from round 1 until the final they were always going to be the team to move back up. It will be good to see them back in '08.

Just on the SL final, why is the match at Old Trafford and not Wembley?

Latest posts