What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superleague GF (this week)

bartman

Immortal
S.S.T.I.D said:
Just on the SL final, why is the match at Old Trafford and not Wembley?
Because for most league followers, making a trip down to London once a year for the Challenge Cup final is more than enough!

Manchester is generally easier to get to, and a much better place to spend a weekend (in my opinion anyway).

bartman

Immortal
The train fare structure here is a bit different too, the Yorkshire to London lines the fare increases the closer you get to time of travel, so it would be quite expensive for people to decide a few weeks before that they are going to the game if it were Wembley.

But in contrast the train fare across to Manchester is a flat rate walk up fare, about 1/10 the price to London if bought on the day of travel.

ucantseeme

Juniors
It's on @ 2.30am on FoxSports, then gets replayed at 6pm on FoxSports 1.

Don't think I'll be staying up to watch it though. Poms should be more considerate with their scheduling. Go for a daytime GF.

fourplay

Juniors
It seemed like a good idea to stay up and watch until the heavy eyes and overwhelming urge to sleep sets in...lol

eels_fan_01

Bench
How good is this, just got home and just stumbled across this thread and now i see the coverage starts in 10 minutes, thank you league unlimited.

eels_fan_01

Bench
The pre-match thing is pretty good the way they have done it expect for when Stevo gave hes ideas on game plans for the match......Seriously most of what he said was "Leeds have to kick good" No sh*t.

fourplay

Juniors
Great game so far... with an exciting attacking style being played.

The offloads are flowing and lots of ball movement with it being thrown from side to side!!

andrew057

First Grade
Yep very exciting game. But its so sloppy, especially in the play the ball, knock ons, flops all sorts of rubbish. I know the Australian premiers havent had good results against the SL winner, but Melbourne at full strength will obliterate either of these teams.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Damn that was a good game to watch! Great to see some Kiwis getting into the scoring action - Lauitiiti's try had me jumping off the couch. :oops:

fourplay

Juniors
Glad I stayed up :D That was a top game.

I might have to change my sig now lol

Hopefully Leeds can go on to win the WCC.

lockyno1

Post Whore
fourplay said:
Hopefully Leeds can go on to win the WCC.

There awould be serious questions if you don't win it considering Australian sides treat it as a holiday!:lol:

fourplay

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
There awould be serious questions if you don't win it considering Australian sides treat it as a holiday!:lol:

Nah, thats just your excuse when Australia lose every year

:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
fourplay said:
Nah, thats just your excuse when Australia lose every year

:lol:

Not really, the game is in our off season, played in cold England. It is a good pissup holiday though!

Latest posts