What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superleague magazine

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Hey, ive got just got my second issue of the mag.
Its looking great. Its a shame it doesnt come out more often.
It has some interesting stories and the design is pretty good too.
Its good that there is a NZ League mag.
Has anyone else got a subscription? what do you reckon?

Micistm

Bench
Haven't received my second issue yet, but agree it's of excellent quality and well put together. They deserve much Kudos for keeping it together and the quality it is through it all. I would love to see them get more support for it, and deserve much more success than they've had.
I subscribed twice this year! Got my susscription renewed, but shouted a mate the mag as well as I'm often watching his sky TV!

Juniors
I would be cool if it came out fortnightly. Yeah its a shame they dont get much support - at lest the warriors are in there in force.
Cant complain too much really, it is the only NZ league mag.
It would be cool to see some profiles of up and coming nz league players.

Jesbass

First Grade
I would be cool if it came out fortnightly. Yeah its a shame they dont get much support - at lest the warriors are in there in force.
Cant complain too much really, it is the only NZ league mag.
It would be cool to see some profiles of up and coming nz league players.

Fortnightly just isn't feasible, unfortunately. Not enough copies sell in this niche market of a niche market to justify that. The magazine is typically monthly, but has gone from 6 issues to 4 in 2009 due to a drop in sponsorship - not surprising, really, considering the economic state.

Hopefully, come next year, it'll be back to the monthly set up.

Juniors
Yeah monthly would be nice, With a preview issue and a wrap-up issue.
It would be nice if some nz companies could support it too.
I'm liking the design, Kudos to Editor Robin Smith for Making an NZ league mag!

MarkW

Juniors
It's a great read and definitely worth picking up when you can find it.

It's availablity in stores seems to be the only downside. I think you can get it at Mad Butcher shops and Switched on Gardener(!) but that's about it - It may be available elsewhere though.

The best way to get a copy is subscribe - cheap as chips too.

Micistm

Bench
Definately good to subscribe. Outstanding value, and nice to get home to some happy mail instead of the power bill etc.

But around Christchurch, I've seen it in Postshops mainly, so anyone in this area interested in checking it out have in look in those stores

Jesbass

First Grade
It's distributed by Gordon and Gotch, so any store that stocks their magazines should be able to get it in. I've seen it in a few major stores from time to time.

I agree, though - it's a steal at just $5 a copy, and for a whole heap of coloured content from some of the country's top league writers.

Robin Smith definitely deserves all of the kudos he can get.

Juniors
Yeah just browsed thought the Mag not many ads, you would think companies like Mad Butcher, Puma, Vodafone would have ads in there but no. A little support goes along way.:cool:

Micistm

Bench
I like the feature on Cayless, the neglected Kiwi capt who won the W.C in his code and was largely ignored, while other codes (One main one we can mention) get tributes galore.
Of course, we are Leaguey's with chips on our shoulders if we say anything! But then, the snobs at Halberg judgingshow what high regard they take our sport in.

Micistm

Bench
Utterly shameful you had to go to that effort though Oz, we should be celebrating with souveniors galore.
So far I have my DVD...and ah...yeah that's it.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
hehe just gave it a skim today in Borders, nice interview with Rick, talking him up big, even a nice shot of his handsome mug

Also, nice write-up on Zensei Inu on the back page, interesting they give his measurements as 177cm and 105kg, kinda underlines my point about him not exactly looking like a half atm. Funny he names his favourite team as the Storm......