What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supernatural and Fringe

The Dodger

First Grade
two shows i can't seem to stay awake watching.

supernatural, every episode i watched from the fist season, i actually dozed off and had to go back and watch bits of it again, which was frustrating.

fringe, a better show than supernatural i believe, but another one where i can't seem to stay awake watching.

they both seem to be very repetitive, as in the same thing happens in each show.

a problem arises, they do a little investigating, then take down the bad guys, with a bit of a story line to follwo in between.

i know that further down the track to each show, there will be something significant that will happen which slowly arises as each show goes on, but i feel as though i just want to watch the finale's to see whether it is worth wasting all those hours watching each episode.

anyone a fan of supernatural?
does it get more interesting as the seasons go on or is it just the same story from the begining.

i know they are chasing their father around and he leads them to all these occurrances, but to me it feels like they are trying to build up to something, but making it up as they go.

same goes for fringe, its in its second season (i am only up to episdoe 5 of the first season with the guy that can control electical mechanisms), so im guessing nothing significant has happened yet.

With Supernatural, I tried watching a few of the new-ish episodes. Absolutely awful, you aren't missing much mate. :lol:

Chook Norris

First Grade
I generally like supernatural themes, so i'm naturally attracted to Supernatural.. when i watch it

Fringe, i can't stand.. first few episodes showed promise imo but not interesting enough for some reason

Phillips

Referee
i was gonna try and get into fringe, but a friend told me it wasnt worth watching.. not much of a fan of supernatural.

i'll stick with the x-files!

to me fringe is more like the x-files than supernatural

so ill start with that
i just bought the 1st season of fringe on friday and watched every ep back to back and gotta admit it does seem like a bit of a mess but it does have potential to be a good show.

Supernatural is very good but like i said its nothing like the x-files
the 1st season again wasnt greatbut its getting better and better as each season goes on

if you fall asleep during the shows u need to watch at a more decent time lol

Carnifex

Juniors
fringe was good for the first 10 episodes or so....but it went downhill from there. tried to hard to be the X-files.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Supernatural is fantastic, haven't missed an episode.

Dean's one liners make it worth watching IMO.

The Dodger

First Grade
if you fall asleep during the shows u need to watch at a more decent time lol

lol

true, but in a way, its a good way of measuring how good a show is.

i usually watch my shows late at night because either im busy doing things or the missus is busy watching gilmore girls, sex in the city and every modeling/fashion/cooking/ reality show there is on tv.

(she has now discovered khloe and kourtney take on miami, so its even harder now)

but if i watch for instance, sons of anarchy, dexter or californication, i have no problem and can stay awake no matter how tired i am, but watching fringe and supernatural, its like you know what is going to happen at the end of each show, after about 20-30 mins of it, im snoring away.

it might sound stupid, but its kind of a good way of measuring how good a show is for me.

and from what i have gathered, most people agree with me.

i am up to episode 7 of fringe atm, i just watched the one with the radioactive patients being used as nuclear weapons, wasn't bad.

i might try watching season 2 of supernatural but if i struggle with this season, i am deleting all season off my HD and not bothering with the rest.

Simo

First Grade
Ive never watched supernatural but had high hopes for fringe. Funnily enough I too fell asleep trying to watch it a few times, but the thing I found annoying about it was the half assed attempt to be a comedy.

That dawsons creek bloke and his dad in the show, trying to add this comical interatction between them just doesnt work for me when its also trying to make supernatural themes be real.

One way or the other fellas, your either a comedy or a serious show, you gotta be very skillfull to pull off the in between and this shows writers aint. Reminds me of what I hated about the movie the mummy.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I've watched all of supernatural. It's a more viewer friendly non linear type series which makes it very easy to drift in and out of or miss a couple of episodes and not miss out on the actual storyline (unless you miss one of those occasional key episodes).

Fringe I tried, but failed. Thought it was pretty ordinary.

Latest posts