What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread LXXIII: Honouring He Who Shall Not Be Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So... women.

I get a message from my wife. She's furious. The mother in law has ironed something on the floor and there is now a mark (apparently glue). I shudder and await the thunderstorm when I get home.

Wife has already gone to get a steam cleaner from Bunnings. I arrive to discover she bought extra soap etc even though we have some.

I neglect to tell her that.

I approach the stain to discover it isn't a stain, but its the carpet that has melted as it is synthetic. I steam clean it anyway, at wifes request. It does nothing.

Wife is furious at mother in law who, although stupid in this decision, does not deserve to be treated by wife in that matter. I attempt to at least meter the anger; that is misinterpreted as 'you're taking her side, don't minimise my feelings.' I am not taking her side or minimising her feelings, I am simply suggesting her behaviour is not acceptable.

She then decries 'We will get kicked out!' We will not get kicked out. We might lose our bond.

'Yes! But we can't afford the $2k loss of bond!'

Yes, but mother in law has saved us over $2k in money by not making us pay child care so we can maximise your wage when you work.

Silence.

Angry silence.

'I'm not talking to you. I'm angry at you.'

I walk away.

I'm pretty sure we've all married emotional lunatics.

call carpet company, get a quote on having a part / all of that room replaced in a similar / identical carpet..

should be much cheaper than $2k..

alternatively, get a hot iron and make burn marks all over the carpet so it looks like a pattern & the property manage won't notice a thing...

but.. if it makes you feel any better, i paid thousands of dollars to have our floors professionally sanded & polished (our house is predominantly lovely tasmanian oak flooring which looks great after a few coats of lacquer..)

anyway, wife wanted to paint an old bookshelf, so painted away one day when i was at work, and when i arrived home brought me to the shelf and showed off her great work at painting.. (which she had done a great job..)

anyway, i look to the ground to see no dropsheet.. i shift the newly painted shelving to see a rectangle of run off and spattered paint all over the floorboards..

she couldn't understand why i was annoyed...

but.. nothing a good rug can't fix..

Misanthrope

Staff member
Im 30, have been single for 6 months and plan to keep it that way now. I just cant handle the BS. No marriage, no kids. My ma will be pissed at no more grandkids though... but meh.

I'm lucky to have a sister on kid #3 and a brother about to have kid #1. No pressure on me to do anything other than be happy.

-----

Also, f**k you Parramatta: you had one job.

Rebel

First Grade
Not so worried about the kids tbh. I have spent forever trying to find a woman to make me happy, when I should really just be single. Bitches be cray cray

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
and whilst we're bitching about women...

i consider myself reasonably adept at solving issues.. i've got an analytical mind, have professional counsellor training and have a knack for this at work..

but the number of times i get yelled at by my wife when she is downloading issues she's got with family / friends / work / mothers group / etc and i listen, repeat back for confirmation of problem and then provide a solution..

i hear: "shut up and stop trying to solve my problems"

or.. if i remember the previous shouting at for trying to solve issues and just shut up and listen (as per her request the previous time) i get yelled at for not being receptive..

so now, when she starts downloading issues, i just pull out the playstation controller and fire up a few games; and tell her to go get me a beer from the fridge..

hell, if i'm going to be in trouble regardless, i may as well make it worth my while..

Apey

Staff member
Im 30, have been single for 6 months and plan to keep it that way now. I just cant handle the BS. No marriage, no kids. My ma will be pissed at no more grandkids though... but meh.

you should turn gay. or at least, gayer.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Lots to say, but...

call carpet company, get a quote on having a part / all of that room replaced in a similar / identical carpet..

should be much cheaper than $2k..

... is about where I'm at, really. I suspect I can get it fixed for cheap.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lots to say, but...

yep, cause unless your landlord is a complete jackass, he should be happy to have you improve (slightly) the value of his property via the medium of fresh carpet in one room..

Dragon2010

First Grade
Times like this, I'm glad I own property...f*ck renting.

In saying that, honestly, women can be a pain, but being single also sucks.

adamkungl

Immortal
So... women.

I get a message from my wife. She's furious. The mother in law has ironed something on the floor and there is now a mark (apparently glue). I shudder and await the thunderstorm when I get home.

Wife has already gone to get a steam cleaner from Bunnings. I arrive to discover she bought extra soap etc even though we have some.

I neglect to tell her that.

I approach the stain to discover it isn't a stain, but its the carpet that has melted as it is synthetic. I steam clean it anyway, at wifes request. It does nothing.

Wife is furious at mother in law who, although stupid in this decision, does not deserve to be treated by wife in that matter. I attempt to at least meter the anger; that is misinterpreted as 'you're taking her side, don't minimise my feelings.' I am not taking her side or minimising her feelings, I am simply suggesting her behaviour is not acceptable.

She then decries 'We will get kicked out!' We will not get kicked out. We might lose our bond.

'Yes! But we can't afford the $2k loss of bond!'

Yes, but mother in law has saved us over $2k in money by not making us pay child care so we can maximise your wage when you work.

Silence.

Angry silence.

'I'm not talking to you. I'm angry at you.'

I walk away.

I'm pretty sure we've all married emotional lunatics.

10/10 story :lol:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
and whilst we're bitching about women...

i consider myself reasonably adept at solving issues.. i've got an analytical mind, have professional counsellor training and have a knack for this at work..

but the number of times i get yelled at by my wife when she is downloading issues she's got with family / friends / work / mothers group / etc and i listen, repeat back for confirmation of problem and then provide a solution..

i hear: "shut up and stop trying to solve my problems"

or.. if i remember the previous shouting at for trying to solve issues and just shut up and listen (as per her request the previous time) i get yelled at for not being receptive..

so now, when she starts downloading issues, i just pull out the playstation controller and fire up a few games; and tell her to go get me a beer from the fridge..

hell, if i'm going to be in trouble regardless, i may as well make it worth my while..

Seriously considering proposing to you. Can relate to this story.

Lots to say, but...

Drew, Bunnings will carpet any size room for one fixed price depending on the carpet you pick. The cheapest one starts at $410. That's supplied and fitted.

Just google "bunnings carpet offer" or pop into one of their stores and have a look.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
McLaren Vale is cold this time of the year.

Saw d'Arenburg, Chapel Hill and Gemtree Wines today. Very cool.

Drew, Bunnings will carpet any size room for one fixed price depending on the carpet you pick. The cheapest one starts at $410. That's supplied and fitted.

Just google "bunnings carpet offer" or pop into one of their stores and have a look.

That's a huge help mate. I didn't know it was the case. Thank you!! I will do that.

Yes, women are crazy, but what kind of woman irons something on carpet?!

I really don't know. Honestly, my mother in law is prone to lapses in judgement (as she is usually quite practical etc), but this one was a strange one...

Also, run into Kmart and get a $50 garment steamer.

Yeah? How will that help? (Genuine question - not being a prick).

Status
Not open for further replies.