What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so Eels are gonna have both Tonga and Inglis in the centres next year, pretty good backline if you listen to the media

Didgi

The Likiliki move is a strange one, but even with that talent lost they've still got a good couple coming through.

so Eels are gonna have both Tonga and Inglis in the centres next year, pretty good backline if you listen to the media

C'mon Twiz, we all know how that will turn out for Parramatta....

South's will sign Inglis, the Broncos will sign Tonga and Parramatta will bring Shannon Hegarty out of retirement.

You know its gonna happen that way, so why get your hopes up?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't getting any hopes up, I was having a dig at the media.

Although I'd like to get Inglis just to piss Bunnyman off.

I wasn't getting any hopes up, I was having a dig at the media.

Although I'd like to get Inglis just to piss Bunnyman off.

How annoying is that dude?

Never seen until we got a sniff of Inglis and now he's making about a thousand posts a day.

I'm almost hopeful Inglis signs with someone else just so that dude crawls back under a rock myself..... Almost....

Obviously he's a nuffy from one of the all Souths forums, I just haven't worked out which nuffy he is. There are quite a large number of them.

guys guys guys... IF YOU GOTTA DOOR, YOU GOTTA GYM!

Cool!

I was just about to go out and buy a sh*t load of gym gear, but I already have a door so now I don't need to.

What exactly do I need to do with said door in order to get a decent work out? I imagine just opening and closing it a number of times per day perhaps?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I still don't get the complaints from the Dogs fans. Really what serious injuries did you have? Roberts? How did that injury even derail your season? I mean your team started slowly and except for a purple patch in June/July your team never looked like premiership contenders and that's with a pretty decent team on paper. At the end of the day, your team was another year older, your buys didn't live up to their price tag and your team lacked heart for the most part.

:?

If I'm not mistaken we're among only I think 5 out of the 16 teams never to have conceded 40 or more. You support Brisbane, who gave up several big scores in 2010, and saying Canterbury had no heart? The fact we only had -45 P/D despite being so far down the ladder speaks volumes IMO. Plenty of heart.

As for Roberts, he was injured for 13 weeks, and is our first choice five-eighth. What leads from there is a range of different halves pairings.

I suppose if you want to discount injuries as a reason for a poor season, substitute it with the word depth because that's where the club failed. 2011 seems a much better prospect with good forward rotation, and options in the halves.

If I'm not mistaken we're among only I think 5 out of the 16 teams never to have conceded 40 or more. You support Brisbane, who gave up several big scores in 2010, and saying Canterbury had no heart? The fact we only had -45 P/D despite being so far down the ladder speaks volumes IMO. Plenty of heart.

As for Roberts, he was injured for 13 weeks, and is our first choice five-eighth. What leads from there is a range of different halves pairings.

I suppose if you want to discount injuries as a reason for a poor season, substitute it with the word depth because that's where the club failed. 2011 seems a much better prospect with good forward rotation, and options in the halves.

Have a cry!

You don't see any Souths fans using injury as an excuse for our poor season last year....

:D

simmo1

First Grade

The Tigers were without the first choice halfback since round 5, and their second choice halfback was out at various points throughout the season. They also used a ridiculous amount of players throughout the year, yet still managed to come third.

At the end of the day, every team in the comp has to deal with injuries throughout the year. Some teams are good enough to cope with that, others justuse it an excuse.

At the end of the day, every team in the comp has to deal with injuries throughout the year. Some teams are good enough to cope with that, others justuse it an excuse.

You can say that, but there is a definite trend that team's that use the least number of players during the year are generally among those to finish on the podium.

simmo1

First Grade
You can say that, but there is a definite trend that team's that use the least number of players during the year are generally among those to finish on the podium.

I'm not convinced thats true.

Going by Didgi's list on the previous page, the Dogs and Cowboys used the most players, and then the next 5 teams were all top 8 teams (I'm including Storm as a top 8 team). Seems just a cop out used by fans to cover for their team's crapiness.

EDIT: And another thing, there is only 4 or 5 players different between a vast majority of teams on that list. If there were teams thatwere using 10-15 more players than others, you may have a point, but the difference between the teams in that stat is pretty fkn small.

Didgi

What is much more important than total players used is the length of the injury, to whom, and who replaces them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts