What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surely we can beat these dudes......!

brendothejet

First Grade
Also, I went to school with Liam Foran. His brother plays NYC for Manly.

Both very handy players and good on him for making NRL

big pat

Coach
i dont think we have the right to assume we can beat melbourne even with 9 players missing, their are a lot of ifs and buts to our team, which st george will turn up this week, our forwards must muscle up and our backs need to be positive, only then we will be in with a shot,but i would much better beat melbourne with all their players in, maybe browny can show them the video of the roosters game before hand,fire up lads your supporters need a win.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I agree pat.

How we often see teams come out with all guns blazing when the lower tier players are called up. After all, they are all potential regular first graders looking to make an impression.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm worried about this game. If the Dragons win it will be regarded as "empty" and if the Storm win it will be regarded as "courageous".

AILD

Bench
congrats guys!

you guys did very well.

who would have thought morris faster then jeremy smith :lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
before_shave_s3.jpg

This Year?

Immortal
I'm happy the Saints won that one.....if they didn't it would have been almsot as embarressing (if not more) than the one in 2000.

Magic Dragon

Juniors
A win is a Win! Yes Melbourne were under strength but to be honest the dragons of late could of lost even against this Melbourne outfit. But alas! The boys stayed composed and put the the storm to bed. Congratulations Boys, but the true test will come when we have to back up next week. Good to see Big Dell had a good day down with the Marlins!
Go you Dragons!!!

Dragon_psa

First Grade
The thing that pleased me most about the win was the fact that for once we were pretty much offloading at will. I haven't seen that from a Saints side in ages. Keep it up boys!

The idea of playing this game of league is to get a win and thus obtaining 2 points which go towards the tally at the end of the year..

We got 2 points and if the other team didn't have there regular players there then so be it..

There fault, not ours..

Steel Dragon

Bench
With Gaz, Hornby and Coops out on SOO duty, essentially we were running with a B-Team backline, and they were pretty damn impressive - the opposition notwithstanding.
My point is, when those 3 come back - where does Wendell fit in?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was a great win!

Saints had players missing as well, but were expected to roll the Storm... and they did not disappoint.

Sure Storm were understrengthed but it says more about their lack of depth then anything else.

In the past Saints have struggled with injuries and rep players being called away, and they often performed better.

No excuses for the Storm. They played like a rabble and they lost. If they were good enough, they would have stepped up.

Latest posts