What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survivor!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Anyone watch this?

I pretty much have to watch the first episode in order to watch the series. If I miss out on the first episode, I won't be watching the rest.

FFS I already found out who won Heroes vs Villains as I was trying to find out who won last season. I didn't know if Russell won the last series of survivor or not, so I went to check out on the net who won it, and DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH they showed who won this season. That ruins it for me. 13 hours from now I would be watching it, but I just wrecked it. FFS much? The last 6 weeks have now been a waste.

Thankgod you didnt spoil it BF or I would have went right off, got tomorrow off for my birthday and a slab of whitestag cooling in the Fridge, looking forward to a good session and plenty of suprises hopefully!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Thankgod you didnt spoil it BF or I would have went right off, got tomorrow off for my birthday and a slab of whitestag cooling in the Fridge, looking forward to a good session and plenty of suprises hopefully!
Mate I would never wreck it for others. In fact if I steer well clear of threads discussing anything with a potential spoiler just in case.

simmo1

First Grade
Contender for the worst show I've ever seen. I'd even rate Big Brother above this garbage. Alone on an island my arse... theres a f**king camera crew.

jc155776

Coach
Contender for the worst show I've ever seen. I'd even rate Big Brother above this garbage. Alone on an island my arse... theres a f**king camera crew.

My old outdoor education teacher was part of the crew for the Australian Series back in 2001 or 2001 I think it was. He was of the same opinion as you from what you have (from what he had seen from the original) that is was all staged bullsh*t. He was very surprised that it wasn't. The editing is done in a way to make it all more dramatic of course, and the situations they are put in are designed by producers and shrinks to result in tension/conflict etc.

He told us that while there is a large camera crew present, there is very minimal interaction, and they recieve no extra food, water, help etc from the outside apart from serious medical issues and emergencys.

Where they filmed the Aussie version it is a VERY harsh environment.

The crew had a large camp set up themselves away from the camps etc where they can relax and eat and sleep well. There is a STRICT rule on interaction and the crew are ordered that they cannot give food etc.

Look at the players from start to finish and it is easy to see that they do it tough. Russell Hanz lost 25kgs on the Samoa version in 40 days.

And anyways, why come into a thread bagging a show people enjoy? It is well above the standard of Big Brother etc, it is the ultimate gameshow I would say.

Last nights winner sucked, Parvati is too damn hot to finish second.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Agreed!

Also, I'm so FREAKING glad that Russell didn't win. I don't even think he got 1 vote. The greatest survivor of all time? Pffft, yeah right. All he cared about was himself the whole time, and didn't even think for a second that in order to win the game, you need to make alliances, not stab people in the back every opportunity you get.

Anyway, to end on a positive...

parvati_l.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
Agreed!

Also, I'm so FREAKING glad that Russell didn't win. I don't even think he got 1 vote. The greatest survivor of all time? Pffft, yeah right. All he cared about was himself the whole time, and didn't even think for a second that in order to win the game, you need to make alliances, not stab people in the back every opportunity you get.

Russell had no tools to work with.

E.G short, ugly , male.
He did what he could to stay in it.
He made it to the final twice in a row.
Last man standing.
That makes him pretty bloody good...they all used him knowing he'd be fugged getting votes in the final.

They all lied to each other.

That chick who won was a lazy and useless bitch...( twice ).

If they got to watch the entire series before they got to vote in the final I doubt she would have won.
And if it was a public vote...my bet is Russell would have won.

In saying that Parvati probably should have won based pruely on the way she managed to stay in it.

jc155776

Coach
Russell has won the fans poll both seasons.

200k for 2 months work.

Nice.

Parvati should have won. She is the hottest.

azzah72

Bench
I found this season to be one of the most entertaining I have watched, I haven't watched them all but i've seen about a 3rd, maybe half of them, this season was just great.

Btw! Pav, Danielle, Amanda: ALL GOOD!

Funniest part of the season was watching Amanda and Danielle wrestling in that hotel room while Colby is just laying back watching a movie, such a lost case Colby was this season, nothing on when he was in Australia.

RedVDave

First Grade
Has anyone been watching the new season? I don't watch much TV but have always been a huge Survivor fan, however the newest season has been very very average for mine, maybe it's because last season was pretty good but this season just has not done it for me hopefully it comes good during the merger.

Also my pick this season is Brenda.

This season is a huge let down after H v V (which was incredibly awesome), the people are either dumb (Marty showing everyone his HII, although Brenda tearing him apart afterwards made me lol), incredibly unlikeable (Naonka who looks like Rick James and Mr Ed's lovechild), or both (that woman who hated being called crazy so to prove she wasn't threw Dan's alligator skin shoes in the ocean). I hope Brenda (she's hot, but actually has some idea how to play, kinda like Parv), Benry (if only because he knocked the paperweight over) or Fabio (because he's hilarious) win it, but I think it will probably be Chase (who looks suspiciously like John Cena...) although he may be a bit gullible.

Last episode was good because they got rid of the Medallion of Power, stupid concept with a dumber name. That immunity challenge with the waterboards was badass though.

jc155776

Coach
Started with a heap of promise.

Has since died in the arse with the alliances making everything so predictable and stupid contestents.