What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sustaining&building upon current NRL boom

MugaB

Coach
Mugab hitting them out of the park

as long as pvl remains in power the nrl will keep growing
Exactly, why would he leave, or why would they get someone else to chair, he keeps making them money, seems like a no brainer, I don't think anybody doing this job, has ever gotten all these clubs rich, (other than the bronx) yes they've been some good administrators, but as far as chairmen, none has put processes in place to keep clubs away from into minuses (as they always seemed to, again barr bronx)

Brian potter

First Grade
With talk of a 19 round 20 team competition could and would the NRL introduce a 20th round to be played entirely overseas like in say London?

10 games over 2 days at say Wembley or spurs would be a hard stretch but I’m sure there would be ways around it like 2 games on the Friday and 3 each on Saturday and Sunday.

or even split it over 2 venues and cities like London and Manchester giving the hardcore northern fans to see the best RL players on the planet in the flesh.

jim_57

Staff member
With talk of a 19 round 20 team competition could and would the NRL introduce a 20th round to be played entirely overseas like in say London?

10 games over 2 days at say Wembley or spurs would be a hard stretch but I’m sure there would be ways around it like 2 games on the Friday and 3 each on Saturday and Sunday.

or even split it over 2 venues and cities like London and Manchester giving the hardcore northern fans to see the best RL players on the planet in the flesh.

Doubt they’d ever go for a whole round overseas let alone in the UK with shit time zones for Australian audience.

A game the same weekend as Vegas, week after WCC could be doable though.