What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sustaining&building upon current NRL boom

One place the game is booming is Brisbane. The Broncos have 53,672 members and believe they can teach 60,000.

The membership tally is now sitting at 53,672 as the Broncos eye off a staggering 60,000 members, set to be reached by midway through the season, based on current trends.

Dolphins had 30k last year.

Dolphins – by the numbers:

• Over 30,000 members
  • Average crowd at Suncorp Stadium to be in excess of 32,000
  • Five home game sellouts – Raiders, Broncos, Dragons, Eels, Panthers
  • No.1 in the NRL in on-field apparel sales (jerseys etc)
  • No.2 in the NRL in sponsorship revenue
  • The documentary ‘Dawn of the Dolphin’ was the most downloaded show in streaming service STAN’s in history

Catching up to AwFuL.

Broncos and Dolphins generate more revenue from sponsorship than any other rugby league club in the world.

Perth Red

Post Whore
One place the game is booming is Brisbane. The Broncos have 53,672 members and believe they can teach 60,000.

The membership tally is now sitting at 53,672 as the Broncos eye off a staggering 60,000 members, set to be reached by midway through the season, based on current trends.​

Dolphins had 30k last year.

Dolphins – by the numbers:​
  • Over 30,000 members
  • Average crowd at Suncorp Stadium to be in excess of 32,000
  • Five home game sellouts – Raiders, Broncos, Dragons, Eels, Panthers
  • No.1 in the NRL in on-field apparel sales (jerseys etc)
  • No.2 in the NRL in sponsorship revenue
  • The documentary ‘Dawn of the Dolphin’ was the most downloaded show in streaming service STAN’s in history

Catching up to AwFuL.

Broncos and Dolphins generate more revenue from sponsorship than any other rugby league club in the world.
where have you seen the Dolphins sponsorship revenue? Have they produced an annual report?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So when will the NRL announce a date for all potential NRL team 18 bids to submit their bids?
They wont. Team 18 wont go to bid. they are going to announce team 18 towards the end of 2024 according to Abdo. They will only go to bid in locations where there may be one viable bidder or where there are currently no bids but the NRl want a club (though that doesnt seem to be a scenario at the moment)

In terms of possible choices and what we think we know

PNG - no open bid already working with the only bid
Perth - no open bid likely to be working with WA govt and whoever they are supporting
Christchurch - possible open bid as two potential bidders. Depends on viability of both bids
SEQ4 - Possible open bid as Jets/Bombers and Easts both still potential bidders
Wellington - no bid interest at this time
Fiji - no open bid as one bid interest Govt backed

I get the sense the NRl has no interest in just inviting open bidding then picking a location. They will likely pick the location then decide on the bid. I suggest this may already have happened for club 18 and 19.

MugaB

Coach
They wont. Team 18 wont go to bid. they are going to announce team 18 towards the end of 2024 according to Abdo. They will only go to bid in locations where there may be one viable bidder or where there are currently no bids but the NRl want a club (though that doesnt seem to be a scenario at the moment)

Perth - no open bid likely to be working with WA govt and whoever they are supporting
Christchurch - possible open bid as two potential bidders. Depends on viability of both bids

I get the sense the NRl has no interest in just inviting open bidding then picking a location. They will likely pick the location then decide on the bid. I suggest this may already have happened for club 18 and 19.
Correct, and I wonder where they'll squeeze the bears into al those options

Perth Red

Post Whore
Correct, and I wonder where they'll squeeze the bears into al those options
The only way Bears get any look in is if
A) They back down and form a genuine partnership with a current preferred bid
B) NRL wants a team in a city with no other viable option than the Bears being there
C) NRL chooses a bid but believes it needs the Bears to be viable and dictates to bid and Bears the terms of the partnership

I cant see any happening. Sorry Bears fans.

Brian potter

First Grade

sadly I think and fear that you are right and team 18 could be PNG.

blue bags

First Grade
The only way Bears get any look in is if
A) They back down and form a genuine partnership with a current preferred bid
B) NRL wants a team in a city with no other viable option than the Bears being there
C) NRL chooses a bid but believes it needs the Bears to be viable and dictates to bid and Bears the terms of the partnership

I cant see any happening. Sorry Bears fans.
So ok Perth pasifika Grizzlies Bear's 🐻
Share the load
Share the love 😘