What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sutton not in

Big Sam

First Grade
Just heard on the Grill Team that all the boys were congratulating Sutto at the recovery today because word is, he's in for Gidley.

Let's see if the rumour ends up being correct...

Big Sam

First Grade
John Sutton To Replace Gidley?

Posted: 28 May, 2013 by Grill Team

Grill Team has received an email indicating Sutton is in Origin team

The Grill Team has received an email from a source indicating Rabbitohs five-eighth John Sutton will be added to the NSW Origin line-up for Game 1, replacing injured Kurt Gidley.

"I was at Souths recovery and seen [sic] all the boys congratulating John Sutton for making the state of origin side," the email read on Tuesday morning.

The news comes after Triple M's Joey Johns broke the news that Kurt Gidley had been forced out with a foot injury.

Triple M is following up on the tip-off attempting to contact the Blues, including coach Laurie Daley, and the Rabbitohs but they have not answered our calls.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sh...-kurt-gidley-in-blues-origin-team-for-game-1/

I suppose we should know by midday officially? I did hear a rumour a few times at the ground last night,thought it was to good to be true.

Last edited:
Na, the teams named after a Monday night game are generally just cut and paste jobs. I'm sure Madge would have had that team already worked out on the weekend based on what he thought to be available.

You often see guys who have had bad injuries or have been cited on a Monday night, named to play the following week on the Tuesday. It's a bit of a joke really.

BranVan3000

Coach
I may be wrong, but I am of the impression that if we fight Sam's charge and lose, he gets an extra week? So him being named would mean we are fighting the charge?
You are wrong, its one week regardless. Madge is just taking advantage of naming a team that can change by Saturday.

Yeah, 130 points if he pleads guilty, 190 if he contests.

I think he was back to zero from his last suspension so if he contests and is still found guilty it is only one week. Basically means that if he so much as sneezes on someone in the future, he will cop another week though.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I'd prefer we take the early guilty plea. The 190 points if we fight and lose means he'll have 90 carry-over points and could mean an extra week if he gets cited again down the line. For example, say he gets cited in round 26. Grade 1 with loading = 130 points + 90 carry over = 2 weeks. If he had only 30 carry over points it'd only be 1 week. Makes a big difference in the back end of the season.

Sutton and Reynolds added to NSW squad
By By Ian McCullough
AAP
Tue 28th May, 5:48pm

John Sutton (pictured) and Josh Reynolds have been called into the NSW squad for Origin I
NSW will bring in South Sydney's John Sutton and Canterbury's Josh Reynolds into camp after Kurt Gidley was ruled out for the State of Origin series with a foot injury.

Gidley will be sidelined for six weeks with ligament damage.

The pair, who have not played Origin before, will link up with the squad on Wednesday.

http://www.nrl.com/sutton-and-reynolds-added-to-nsw-squad/tabid/10874/newsid/72559/default.aspx

Big Sam

First Grade
No guarantee Sutton will make the final 17. Fulton and Schnoz are anti-Souths so they'll probably go with Reynolds.

I just hope they make the decision before Saturday so Sutton can be released back to us.