What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney Carton's Rubbery Figures

Sydney Carton

Juniors
To win the 2006 Queensland Cup:

Burleigh Bears $2.50
NQ Young Guns $3
Redcliffe Dolphins $4
Wynnum Seagulls $8.50
Easts Tigers $10
Toowoomba Clydesdales $10
Norths Devils $10
Tweed Seagulls $15
Ipswich Jets $20
Central Comets $33
Souths Logan Magpies $101

To win the 2006 BRL A Grade

Easts Tigers $4
Burleigh Bears $5
Aspley "Devils" $7
Norths Devils $7
Wynnum Seagulls $10
Redcliffe Dolphins $12
Tweed Seagulls $15
Souths Logan Magpies $25
Ipswich Jets $25
Western Districts $33
Sunshine Coast Falcons $33

To win the 2006 BRL Colts

Aspley "Devils" $3
Norths Devils $3
Burleigh Bears $5
Easts Tigers $6
Redcliffe Dolphins $8
Wynnum Seagulls $10
Souths Logan Magpies $20
Ipswich Jets $25
Tweed Seagulls $33
Western Districts $101
Sunshine Coast Falcons $301

By the way, I'm not taking bets. Feel free to opine my odds though.

Sir Rabbit

Juniors
I might be biased, but I like to think that the Devils will finish a bit higher. They did have some good colts last year.

Redcliffe would be hoping they finish a bit higher in the A grade and colts.

Aspley.....? I know they will have the Bronco's kids, but I don't know if they will go that good.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Higher perhaps but my odds are on winning the title....

I see three potential premiers and then a second group who are all good enough to be there come finals time, and then the duds of course. But then again what do I know?

I would hope so regarding Redcliffe's lower grades too but they are inconsistent of late.

You are probably right regarding Aspley but who knows now that there is the new setup with Redcliffe and Wynnum on board. It all depends on who gets a guernsy during origin time. I see the Clydesdales weakened by the Redcliffe / Wynnum affiliations. They will no longer be able to use Redcliffe as a shopping mall.

Sir Rabbit

Juniors
There is a fair bit of mail around to suggest this will be the last year for the Broncos propping up Toowoomba. Then a Broncos backed Aspley would apply for the Q-cup.

But my mail isn't always correct! I heard back in Feb that Melbourne were thinking hard about pulling the pin at Norths and aligning with Norths Sydney. I heard that they were more than happy with the Q-cup but the colts was a bit lopsided, with three or four teams so far ahead of the rest, that playing their kids in Flegg appealed to them.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I think you left a zero off for Central Comets price.

If Souths are $101, they've got to be more.

Reckon Young Guns are entitled to be favourites. Burleigh are perhaps coming to the end of an era - Ali Brown is gone and their mainstays aren't getting any younger.

Mr.Moe

Juniors
In A-Grade you have Western District the same as Sunshine Coast at $33 when you know Sunshine Coast are going to be the equivalent of Runaway Bay, and in colts Western District are at $101 when they beat Redcliffe who are at $8 in last years semis.

Mr.Moe

Juniors
Sir Rabbit said:
There is a fair bit of mail around to suggest this will be the last year for the Broncos propping up Toowoomba. Then a Broncos backed Aspley would apply for the Q-cup.

But my mail isn't always correct! I heard back in Feb that Melbourne were thinking hard about pulling the pin at Norths and aligning with Norths Sydney. I heard that they were more than happy with the Q-cup but the colts was a bit lopsided, with three or four teams so far ahead of the rest, that playing their kids in Flegg appealed to them.

If Aspley have a Q-Cup side they will not be playing out of Kirby Road.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Mr.Moe said:
In A-Grade you have Western District the same as Sunshine Coast at $33 when you know Sunshine Coast are going to be the equivalent of Runaway Bay, and in colts Western District are at $101 when they beat Redcliffe who are at $8 in last years semis.

Yes but in A Grade Wests were equivalent to the Bay and Hills about the same too Mr Moe? I expect the Coast to be reasonable in A but awful in Colts.

Ahh, forgot about that in Colts! I was factoring in the "Wests" Colts :lol: ...

Mr.Moe

Juniors
Sydney Carton said:
Yes but in A Grade Wests were equivalent to the Bay and Hills about the same too Mr Moe? I expect the Coast to be reasonable in A but awful in Colts.

Ahh, forgot about that in Colts! I was factoring in the "Wests" Colts :lol: ...

Runaway Bay only beat Wests this year when West were barely able to field a side due to representative and Clysdale commitments, and the floggings Runaway Bay got every week even from Hills District on the last round proved they did not belong in A-Grade. From what I have read on the Sunshine Coast Falcons website I doubt they will have a successful debut.

Latest posts