What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney is Red, White and Blue

Silent Knight

First Grade
Prophetic words by adam.

Once again it is up to the chooks to save sydney.

I can't see how anyone can not support a working class team like ourselves over a cheating corporation like the storm.

Working hard to send a tweet,
Flying first class on a plane,
No father or son,
I'm the only one,
Sitting in the SFS for a Roosters game,
Oh oh oh I'm a working class fan.

Well I'm a latte aficionado,
Rooster or Swan help me decide,
I'm running down Bondi in slow-mo,
Like Hasselhoff in his prime,
Oh, oh, oh I'm a working class fan.

Adam Kungl has proven himself to be prophetic once again.

The Sydney Roosters, lacking their goal kicker and star centre, managed to vanquish a full strength, Hollywood funded, media phenomenon team.

Next weekend the brilliant Sydney Roosters will carry the hopes of Sydney in a massive battle with the miserable forces of Melbourne.

Pugzley

We're the NRL's perpetual underdogs
What you've lost sight of is what you are, and what you are is what you hate. You're the 13-time NRL Premiers! You're the man! You, like the Eels, like Parramatta, are no longer the underdog! You're a dynasty. You are what you hate. You have become the Melbourne Storm!

images

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Prophetic words by adam.

Once again it is up to the chooks to save sydney.

I can't see how anyone can not support a working class team like ourselves over a cheating corporation like the storm.

Waratahs Supporter Completes Annual Late September Transition To Roosters Supporter

penfolds-waratahs.jpg

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

The oldest rivalry in rugby league history will have punters glued to their seats and screens this Saturday night in the NRL’s preliminary final between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Eastern Suburbs RLFC, more commonly known as The Sydney Roosters.

The venue hosting the showdown, Allianz will see it’s last ever football match, before being farewelled and undergoing renovations, as will one of the two clubs who don’t end up making their way to the 2018 NRL Grand Final.

For the Rabbitohs, fans from Redfern to Maroubra are clearing their schedules for the next two weeks, as well as the growing fan base outside of South Sydney.

For the Roosters, a few leathery old life guards in Bondi are putting on their vintage club bomber jackets. A much more concentrated, but equally passionate fan base.

That, and the annual wave of rugby union supporters who support the Roosters by default.

Bellevue Hill local, Malcolm Sharma-Packsingleton (68) says he hasn’t been this excited for rugby league since the Roosters had Sonny Bill playing for them.

“Having one of the greatest rugby union players in the world for a season really peaked my interest. Especially because they were winning so much” said Malcolm, who’s number one team the NSW Waratahs have usually wrapped up their season by September.

“But I really haven’t been watching since then. But that was until my landscaper told me about the team’s performance this year.”

“Anyway, I’m back now. Go the Chooksters!”

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/spo...e-september-transition-to-roosters-supporter/

Generalzod

Immortal
It will be like witnessing an execution in Chop Chop plaza it will be hard to watch, ahhh f**k it go the Roosters can't stand the Storm

firechild

First Grade
Its gotta be the least anticipated gf since .... well, last year.
It's been a pretty bad run for neutrals for a while. The last time there was a fairly likeable side in the gf was probably the Warriors in 2011. Even before that, Melbourne, Manly, Brisbane and the Roosters made appearances. The reality is though, most fans hate most teams.