What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney is Red, White and Blue

big hit!

Bench
Prophetic words by adam.

Once again it is up to the chooks to save sydney.

I can't see how anyone can not support a working class team like ourselves over a cheating corporation like the storm.

Here come the Roosters, the best we’ve ever seen.
The red, white and Bluesters, the Eastern Suburbs team.

I feel dirty after that, but f**k it...they’re playing the f**king Storm!

oxymoron

big hit!

Bench
Adam Kungl has proven himself to be prophetic once again.

The Sydney Roosters, lacking their goal kicker and star centre, managed to vanquish a full strength, Hollywood funded, media phenomenon team.

Next weekend the brilliant Sydney Roosters will carry the hopes of Sydney in a massive battle with the miserable forces of Melbourne.

https://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/russell-crowe-net-worth/

https://au.greekreporter.com/2018/05/25/nick-politis-named-wealthiest-greek-australian/

i thought you'd know a bit about who does and who doesn't have money, Rosenfeld. obviously not

and all you hear at a Rooter game the chant Roosters and Easts. Who are this Sydney mob you took about?

Grapple

Bench
It's been a pretty bad run for neutrals for a while. The last time there was a fairly likeable side in the gf was probably the Warriors in 2011. Even before that, Melbourne, Manly, Brisbane and the Roosters made appearances. The reality is though, most fans hate most teams.

There should be a poll. Like a proper NRL fan poll.
I imagine we'd be up there as most hated alongside Melbourne, but I'd be interested to see which team is the least hated. Probably Gold Coast, because they never get good enough to hate, and most of the time people forget they're even in the comp, including their fans.

Apey

Staff member
It's been a pretty bad run for neutrals for a while. The last time there was a fairly likeable side in the gf was probably the Warriors in 2011. Even before that, Melbourne, Manly, Brisbane and the Roosters made appearances. The reality is though, most fans hate most teams.

most fans hate the teams in the GF because it's not their team

TheFrog

Coach
most fans hate the teams in the GF because it's not their team
The same old same old teams are making GF's year in, year out ad infinitum. This is Not Good For The Game although I doubt NRL HQ sees it that way.

Note that the AFL grand finalists will have played a combined 8 grand finals in the past 20 years. By comparison, the Roosters and Storm will have played 16. There have been just 5 GF's in the last 20 years that have not had either of these sides.

This is a year that started very differently, with lots of unexpected results in the first half of the season, but is ending the same as every other year. The competition is stagnating, and the NRL are complicit in it happening.

Last edited:

Dodgy

Juniors
The same old same old teams are making GF's year in, year out ad infinitum. This is Not Good For The Game although I doubt NRL HQ sees it that way.

Note that the AFL grand finalists will have played a combined 8 grand finals in the past 20 years. By comparison, the Roosters and Storm will have played 16. There have been just 5 GF's in the last 20 years that have not had either of these sides.

This is a year that started very differently, with lots of unexpected results in the first half of the season, but is ending the same as every other year. The competition is stagnating, and the NRL are complicit in it happening.
It's not really a big deal. It's two distinct periods of competitiveness for West Coast, and a 3rd for Collingwood spread over a long time.

Front-Rower

First Grade

They quote time and time again that the salary cap works because we’ve had so many different winners. That’s great, really is but the fact of the matter is that the top 8 is consistently filled with a core group of teams. That there is where the problem lies. I’d like to the stats on how many finals series teams have played in over the last 20 years.

Pugzley

You forgot the Rabbits in 14
tenor.gif

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
There should be a poll. Like a proper NRL fan poll.
I imagine we'd be up there as most hated alongside Melbourne, but I'd be interested to see which team is the least hated. Probably Gold Coast, because they never get good enough to hate, and most of the time people forget they're even in the comp, including their fans.

Gold coast
Warriors
Panthers
Tigers
Newcastle

Valheru

Coach
They quote time and time again that the salary cap works because we’ve had so many different winners. That’s great, really is but the fact of the matter is that the top 8 is consistently filled with a core group of teams. That there is where the problem lies. I’d like to the stats on how many finals series teams have played in over the last 20 years.

So what do you want? Forced equity of outcome? Everyone gets a turn to win?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Prophetic words by adam.

Once again it is up to the chooks to save sydney.

I can't see how anyone can not support a working class team like ourselves over a cheating corporation like the storm.

Its that classic conundrum for the neutral fan akin to the person stuck in a room with no food, and 1 arm handcuffed to a steel object with a machete the only thing accessible.

Do I chop of my arm and give myself some hope of surviving (Roosters) or do I just f**king die because I cannot bring myself to cut my arm off (Storm).

Think I will just leave the tv off next Sunday snd enjoy life cause f**k that shit isnt worth losing you arm or life over.....

Last edited: