What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney Roosters Best Team for 2013

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Tasi is injured as well isn't he. Sure I read somewhere he's due back Round 2 or 3, recovering from surgery.

I can see the idea behind LOD coming, getting another Ryles type of old head amongst the young bulls. But the signing has a Chris Beattie feel for me. One things for sure is LOD is a hard ass and he'll add some mongrel to us, almost like a cheaper older Nate Myles role.

Also don't want to lose Cherro after finally having him fit and ready. But if Robbo deems it necessary for him to explore further options then he obviously doesn't have him in his future plans.

Minichiello

Tuivasa-Sheck
Kenny-Dowell
Jennings
Oldfield

Maloney
Pearce

Cordner
SB Williams
Guerra
Wharea-Hargreaves
Friend
Kennedy

Interchange:

Moa
Nu'uasala
Aubusson
Seluini

Reserves:

Tasi, O'Donnell, Symonds, Toupou, Mauga

For the first time in years the Roosters have talent in all positions, and, as my list of reserves shows, real strength in depth.
The only positions where there is no strength in depth is in the halves, which is a concern. Mortimer is OK but not at the standard of Pearce and Maloney.

Last edited:
Now that team could be anything, if we do happen to beat you in Round 1 (Which i'm not expecting tbh)
The only difference between squads i could see is that we've kept our spine in tact where the Roosters are still experimenting and still working out new combinations.

I'm not terribly confident either but should be a great contest. For the first time in living memory, both clubs may be competitive in the same season.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
As long as souths have that bastard in #1 jersey then I'll always be worried. GI can light up the best defenses and we are far from that. Anything can happen round 1.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
You guys are looking good this year. New young coach with a few superstars and a solid halves pairing its actually quite similar to how we started off last year. Wish you all the best and hope to come up against you finals time! Now that would be an awesome game!!!

Mr Horse

Juniors
The squad for the Roosters looks as complete as the Cowboys. Top 4 for both these teams this year.

Cookie67

Juniors
Mini

Sheck
SBW
Jennings
Oldfield

Maloney
Pearce

Cordner
LOD
Guerra
WH
Friend
Kennedy

Res
SKD
Nu-uasala
Moa
Symonds

Big Pete

Referee
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Anthony Minichiello
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Michael Oldfield
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Warea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Mitchell Aubusson
12. Sonny-Bill Williams
13. Boyd Cordner

14. Nafe Seluini
15. Lama Tasi
16. Kane Evans
17. Aidan Guerra

Top 8 side on paper

john13

Juniors
Updated Team

1.Anthony Minichiello
2.Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3.Michael Jennings
4.Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5.Michael Oldfield/Daniel Tupou
6.James Maloney
7.Mitchell Pearce
8.Martin Kennedy
9.Jake Friend
10.Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11.Sonny-Bill Williams
12.Aiden Guerra
13.Boyd Cordner

14.Luke O'Donnell
15.Frank Paul-Nuuausala
16.Mitchell Aubusson
17.Lama Tasi/Tinirau Arona/Sam Moa

Tommy Smith

Referee
Good team, John.

I do however think that, at present, Sam Moa will be one of the first two prop names on the team sheet. His form in the trials was exceptional and he'll more than hold his own against the Rabbits big pack.

I'd like to see him start on Thursday alongside JWH, with FPN and Martin Kennedy coming off the bench.

Latest posts