What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney Semi-Final Crowd

Blaze

Juniors
How many are there?

Looks like there were more today at the Women's U17 Football World Cup Final in Auckland :crazy:

vlad

juniors
How many are there?

Looks like there were more today at the Women's U17 Football World Cup Final in Auckland :crazy:

that was a pretty good game ... fancy getting that kind of crowd to a schoolgirls game of soccer in Auckland between North Korea & the USA ...

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The crowds throughout the under-17 world cup have been freaky high. I can't understand it. We can't get a crowd for most league, soccer, and cricket, but there have been good crowds throughout for a tournament of schoolgirl soccer between random nations? Who the f*ck is going to these games? How did we get damn near a full house for North Korea v USA schoolgirl soccer? It beggars belief.

Brutus

Referee
The crowds throughout the under-17 world cup have been freaky high. I can't understand it. We can't get a crowd for most league, soccer, and cricket, but there have been good crowds throughout for a tournament of schoolgirl soccer between random nations? Who the f*ck is going to these games? How did we get damn near a full house for North Korea v USA schoolgirl soccer? It beggars belief.

Let me guess...it has been well promoted.

And freebies.

Regardless, still great crowds. I guess "world cup" in soccer no matter what the standard means a lot to people and is easier to promote. I know the women's world cup final in the USA got something like 100k several years ago.

Blaze

Juniors
that's a fair point Brutus. Still, it is a tournament where the stars are U17 year old girls... in a small country.

I think the comparison shows that we should have done a lot better tonight.

The Kangaroos clearly need to work on their public image. Ok, so we all know the game was never going to be a contest... but people should want to go along to see Australia's best.

Brutus

Referee
that's a fair point Brutus. Still, it is a tournament where the stars are U17 year old girls... in a small country.

I think the comparison shows that we should have done a lot better tonight.

The Kangaroos clearly need to work on their public image. Ok, so we all know the game was never going to be a contest... but people should want to go along to see Australia's best.

Agree.

Especially in Sydney.

Thank god they chose Suncorp for the final. That was one decent move by the organisers.

Brutus

Referee
About 8.000 quoted by Channel 9...

Yes that's what Ray Warren said. He is on drugs.

There's at least 15k there. I'd say 15-18k.

Still poor.

If the Wallabies can get 20k to a pool game against Namibia in Adelaide then surely the Kangaroos can do better against Fiji in Sydney.

There could be no one there except for the gatekeepers and staff and people would still be making excuses for the sh*thouse crowd.

There's no one there cause no one gives a sh*t.

Quint

Juniors
There could be no one there except for the gatekeepers and staff and people would still be making excuses for the sh*thouse crowd.

There's no one there cause no one gives a sh*t.

I have to agree..
The whole things been mismanaged and ill promoted...
f**k'n Embarrassing