What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T-Mobile Axemen Secure More Sponsors

spinnerhowland

Juniors
April 1st 2006.
The Jacksonville T-Mobile Axemen, are extremely excited to announce two major sponsors have joined them in a partnership.
Jacksonville’s best Irish Pub and Restaurant, Fionn MacCools, will now be the Official Pub and Restaurant and the Official Post Event Venue for all Axemen Events.
Fionn MacCools is not only offers some of the best Irish and Domestic food in Jacksonville, it is also one of the hottest nightspots and is located in the heart of Jacksonville Beach.
Both Axemen chiefs, Drew Slover and Daryl “Spinner” Howland have been frequent patrons of Fionn MacCools for some time. Drew Slover, Axemen CEO stated, “we are very excited to have such a high profile and popular venue for our post event functions. To be able to host visiting clubs at such a great place is not only great for the Axemen and Fionn MacCools, it also allows players on the visiting teams to experience the best that Jacksonville has to offer in great food, hospitality and nightlife. People form other cities talk about experiences they have when they travel and having Fionn MacCools on board makes it easy to impress our visitors.”
The Axemen will be encouraging all their fans to join them at their post match function.
Spinner Howland sees Fionn MacCools as the perfect venue and said, “We could not have asked for a better partner. Fionn MacCools is the perfect place to be able to invite Adults, Children, Families and Sponsors for the early part of the evening. They offer a great menu and the perfect atmosphere for all age groups to interact on a social level with our players, coaches and staff.” He also mentioned that he was a frequent patron at Fionn MacCools and was confidant that the players form both teams could enjoy an entire evening at Fionn’s. “Later in the night, this is one of the hottest nightspots in Jacksonville Beach. They offer the perfect mix of music, entertainment and social setting for the age group that our players fall into. I can see many of the visiting teams players going home with great memories of their trip to Jacksonville.”
The Jacksonville Axemen plan to use Foinn MacCools as their post match venue for all home games. With kick-off planned at 5.45pm on Saturday afternoons the Axemen expect sponsors, staff and fans to arrive at Fionn MacCool at around 8pm and the players to start showing up at about 8.30pm to 8.45pm.
The Axemen also plan on using Fionn MacCools as their post practice meeting venue one night per week to unwind and talk about the previous weekends game over a few quite beers. You can visit their website at www.maccoolsjax.com

The second major partnership is with Jacksonvilles best-known sport reporter and journalist, Sam Kouvaris. Sam is not only one of the best know personalities in Jacksonville but is also the sports director for TV news channel 4 and does regular radio spots on such shows as The Lex and Terry Radio Show. Sam has partnered with the Jacksonville Axemen thru his website, www.samsportsline.com, which highlights all sports from the NFL to NASCAR as well as all Jacksonville and North Florida sports. Spinner Howland said, “The amount of time and effort Sam puts into all local sports is truly remarkable. He doesn’t just focus on the “Big Players”, there is plenty of stories, information and reports on all the less well know and minor sports in North Florida. His work in the community and with local schools sports is a testament to his thorough coverage.”
Spinner summed up his feeling about this partnership with, “I am extremely humbled to have any amount of partnership with Sam Kouvaris, he has forgotten more about sports than many people could ever hope to know in a lifetime.”

roopy

Referee
spinnerhowland said:
Now that is a great idea.
Thanks Mate
Pity I'm the only one who has done it so far.
Come on guys - this journalist seems to be a guy who could reach a wide audience with a League story in the US - so a few minutes to prompt him to do so will be the best time you spend on the net today;-)

For those thinking it will be 15 minutes to register etc - no registration required - just a name and email address - and i doubt if they have to be valid.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
To ALL, I just got a call from Sam from www.samssportsline.com saying there are all these international postings on his site under the sound off tab. THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVED SOUNDED OFF. Keep it up. He is very impressed.
Rugby Leageu supporters are the greatest in the WORLD.

roopy

Referee
A good responce thanks guys.

A few more wouldn't hurt though.

Remember the advice of Bob Hawke - vote early and vote often.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It would be even nicer if I could find something about the axemen on his site. I think thats what needs to happen next, no good just putting messages on the sound off board if no one can get any information about the axemen. Even just a link to their website on the local sports team page would be nice.

langpark

First Grade
roopy said:
I urge everyone to put up a comment on the Sam Kouvaris website - and include your location - international interest might impress the yanks - or maybe not.

http://www.samsportsline.com/index-2004.html

To add a comment go to 'Soundoff' in the top left corner.

Good idea man, I just signed it and was stoked to see it flooded with Rugby League comments.

I also mentioned Greek Rugby League, seeing as he's of Greek background :D

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Guys, the Jacksonville Axemen will going live with our website in about a week.
We are all ready but have been waiting to finalize our last sponsors.
We have meeting with the last of them through Friday and then we will get our website up.
the address will be www.jaxaxe.com
We want this to be as professional as possible so we want it perfect the first time.
We promise it will have all the info you need and then some.

I posted on there a few days ago. I'm a bit confused though, at this point there is no mention of the axemen on his site. What reference has he made so far?

roopy

Referee
International RL said:
I posted on there a few days ago. I'm a bit confused though, at this point there is no mention of the axemen on his site. What reference has he made so far?
It doesn't hurt for us to just do this as PR for the club - but I feel there is a real chance the guy will go to a game or two and report on those games - which would be a great thing for US league.

Lantana

Juniors
Keep posting on the site guys. it looks great and it could turn the frequent visitors to the site into curious fans who catch a couple of games.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
To International RL and ALL, we have just got the deal with Sam and we have asked him not to post until we have our website up.
We feel that there is nothing more frustrating than going to a site and it saying "under construction". Our website WILL be operational no later than April 14th, hopefully sooner, but we have told Sam to hold off until then.
He is a GOD in the Jacksonville Sports world and his support will prove 10 times what it appears to right now.
I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR POSTS ON HIS WEBSITE, HE IS SHOCKED AT THE RESPONCE AND IS ALREADY EXTREMELY EXCITED AT THE NEW AUDIENCE HE HAS.

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
Spinner, I read in Rugby League Review that it looks as though the Atlantic Cup matches will be held in Jacksonville.

This should be a great promotional opportunity for you guys if it comes off. Is it definately locked in yet?

spinnerhowland said:
To International RL and ALL, we have just got the deal with Sam and we have asked him not to post until we have our website up.
We feel that there is nothing more frustrating than going to a site and it saying "under construction". Our website WILL be operational no later than April 14th, hopefully sooner, but we have told Sam to hold off until then.
He is a GOD in the Jackosnville Sports world and his support will prove 10 times what it appears to right now.
I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR POSTS ON HIS WEBSITE, HE IS SHOCKED AT THE RESPONCE AND IS ALREADY EXTREMELY EXCITED AT THE NEW AUDIENCE HE HAS.

Mate that is awesome to hear. I'm thrilled for you! I'll be eagerly awaiting his posts

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
No mate, it was just a line or two in the international section of Rugby League Review.

I'll type it out for you when I get home.

Lantana

Juniors
Spinner

As you are the person who has become the communications doyan for American Rugby League I thought of a quick suggestion for you.

I see the teams put together the best team photo that they can, but they don't turn out the best.

Why don't you commission someone or yourself to take team photos at the War at the Shore? This way all will be photographed on the same day in the same lineups giving it a uniformed look. All team photos are seperate of course.