What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tackle re-start stats

KennySterling

Juniors
Is there anywhere to find these stats for each game please ? Would make interesting reading after almost 5 rounds in.
www.nrl.com doesn't give them which is a surprise as they record everything else.

shear_joy9

Coach
I've looked for them as well and haven't found anything. Occasionally they will show a graphic on screen during the game but never give a final tally.

I'd be interested to see how many each ref has awarded

Greenfields

Juniors
They put up the number of restarts per ref on NRL 360 last week. I don’t recall the figures though.

Knight Dragon

Juniors
What a stupid rule. I can’t stand it, Vlandy‘s has no clue. Financially he does but not on the field, leave that to the people who know what they’re doing.

forby

Juniors
League live had the team stats last week. Penrith is now 9 for 28 against with two games having zero restarts!

What a stupid rule. I can’t stand it, Vlandy‘s has no clue. Financially he does but not on the field, leave that to the people who know what they’re doing.

I thought the problem was that “the people who know what they’re doing” are the same people who convinced him to give the rule the green light.

mongoose

Coach
lol this was always going to happen. Of course fans were going to start questioning the restart rule and wanting to see the numbers. If fans find out that the Eels have had 48 set restarts and the Warriors have only had 11 shit it going to hit the fan isn't it.

forby

Juniors
The application of the rule is too arbitrary and inconsistent. One tackle is a restart, the same tackle isn’t! Some refs seem to use it a lot, others don’t. Some give penalties, others don’t. Some teams seem to draw lots of restarts, others don’t without any obvious reasons.
In the Penrith Storm game, the count was 7-0 to the Storm, yet the NRL stats said both teams had the same play the ball time. Why then the lopsided count?
It is frustrating watching games with such inconsistencies.