What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tactics vs illawarra

millersnose

Post Whore
if i was raper....

defence compressed and rushing

if it gets wide so be it - tell peachey to put some effort in

its semi finals - slow it down lay on the tackled player longer and hope the ref doesnt penalise too much

markers must work

attack - run wide gas is not a great defender - throw it around and hope for early breaks - this will tire their big forwards- there is little point in the bash it up the middle tactic that has failed this season

rough barrett up - he loses his cool

newman

First Grade
Play dirty. Fire them up, make them lose their cool.

Bomb at the posts, it worked for Joey.

Gang tackle Gaz. Even when he doesnt have the ball.

Thomo.

First Grade
i heard through good sources you might get a call up Millers, we are short on front rowers!:lol:

millersnose

Post Whore
thomo_shark said:
i heard through good sources you might get a call up Millers, we are short on front rowers!:lol:

great

i need a jockstrap scraper

i hear through sources you have the teeth

The Popper

Bench
Coopers outside defence is suspect. I be putting a few grubbers amongst their backs too.
I hope we come up with play similar to when we beat Manly. I've just got my fingers crossed that Raper is holding back heaps (that he only tested in that game) and that it will all be unleashed in the finals. That's my hope.
I think that we'll have the same old players in the same old positions with the same old tactics and cop the same old flogging. That's my thoughts.
I hope my hope overcomes my thoughts.

pogo

Juniors
if the body language of the players and the coach on saturday night was any indication the season is over.

raper looked like a rabbit in the spotlight when the cameras caught him.

millersnose

Post Whore
all games are winable and loseable pogo

illawarra have only won 3 more games than us

in their minds this will be a soft game

Fin077

Juniors
I hope we come up with play similar to when we beat Manly. I've just got my fingers crossed that Raper is holding back heaps (that he only tested in that game) and that it will all be unleashed in the finals. That's my hope.

My thoughts too!

I really hope we throw it around and get those quick play the balls going to tire them out. We'll achieve nothing ramming it up the middle!

The stink to open proceedings is also a good idea...get 'em off their game ;-)

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The only positive i can see out of this game is this:

The drags back 3 dont have that much finals footy experience. If we target them all day we could be onto something.

I find a lot of teams direct their attack to colin's wing. I say we should go Wes' wing. Test this little s*** out i say;-)

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Most important tactics, don't start the game with kimmorley or Dykes.
Dont play sullivan.
Don't play Simmons.
Lock up the ruck & the left side & just play footy.

Isurus

Juniors
Yep - don't make it a bashathon up the middle. Go wide and test Gas and Bests defence. Colin is going great but is prone to defensive lapses.

Niggle, niggle and more niggle for Barrett (assuming Clark is not the referee)

Thomo.

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Most important tactics, don't start the game with kimmorley or Dykes.
Dont play sullivan.
Don't play Simmons.
Lock up the ruck & the left side & just play footy.

CORRECT!

Latest posts