What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tactics vs illawarra

wolverine

Juniors
I reckon if there are any flatulant players in the Sharks squad get them to fart while tackling players...hey i think its the one chance we've got! Hahaha by the way this is a joke don't take it too seriously!

brokendigit

Juniors
There is no such thing as a certainty in a two-horse race.

I think Cronulla have a chance if they hit the line & off-load at every opportunity. For this to be effective, though, there'll need to be support there every time.

If offloads stick, you can build momentum, like Newcastle did for a few periods yesterday.

Look at it this way: what the hell have Cronulla got to lose? So what if a few passes go to ground? You may as well lose a sudden death game by 40 points, as by 1 point...

This will be heresy, but: goodluck on Saturday night. Looking forward to a competitive match!

fizman

Bench
Thankyou Digit, and well said. I know the rivalry is there, but I would question even the most ardent Dragons supporter that there wouldn't be just that little concern about the weekends game.

Isurus

Juniors
From memory, Best was playing on the left that night outside Cooper. Parra targetted them both and scored a few tries down that side. Best was swapped to the right after that and has been carving up ever since outside Gaz

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Smith gave Cooper an absolute pasting in that game.
Cooper was well out of form for quite a few weeks.
The sharks played him back into form though.
simmons pushed his form along.

Craigshark

First Grade
Second phase play will go a long way to helping us win this match.. All you have to do is watch what the Knights were doing yesterday and you will see the Dragons don't really recover well from it..
Bomb the crap out of the ball, mid-field bombs, whatever.. Their back three can make mistakes from bombs.. Once again, just watch yesterdays game..
Start the biff at the start.. Niggle, and give it to the wankers.. Do anything and everything we can possibly do to put them off their games..
Watch Creagh.. He is a worry close to our line. If we lose, i am willing to be he scores at least 2 tries.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Craigshark said:
Second phase play will go a long way to helping us win this match.. All you have to do is watch what the Knights were doing yesterday and you will see the Dragons don't really recover well from it..

So true but the fact is not enough forwards are doing it. Wheher its coach's instructions or the boys not having enough confidence in their outside man, FFS its a must hence the reason Cliff should be there. Can pop a ball.

Craigshark

First Grade
All in all, a bit of guts, determination, some pride and passion for the jumper and a bit of enthusiasm will at least set up a competitive, close match.. You can't do any of the other things, without these kind of things.. Its about time we started to show a bit of it.

MrSharky

Juniors
Creagh's not playing...

Anyway here's my opinion:

We have to try and slooooooooooooowww the game down... we don't have the speed, skill, nor ball handling to go toe-to-toe with the drags... Sure we can try but we won't last 80... So basically we keep kicking the ball out... finding touch. Stop any momentum build-up that they have...

That means Noddy has to learn how to kick... FULL STOP He can't even kick it 20 metres... the point is he sucks... Raper should be telling him to belt the crap out of every kick within our 40... who cares if it goes dead... better than a beautifully guided floater down the throat of greenshields, best, naiqama etc.

Secondly... we have to stop fu**en wasting our time in opposition 20... How many times do we get these opportunities and f*ck it up with sh*t play! I say: give it to peachey, peachey and more peachey... he's the best short passer of the footy ever for fu**s sake...

Third... we have to belt Cooper... send cliff, gallen both at him...

How do we stop Gaaaaaaaaaaz? Easy. Don't try and belt him... make him run! He's a lazy pri*k and he won't go well against play directed at him...

Barret? pfft.. smash him! Nutley to give him a few big hits and then we'll see if he wants to run at the line again...

Ryles is soft. Smash him!

L.Bailey... up and at him!! no time to waste when he has it! run up and belt him... once he gets over the advantage line... we're gone...

Our ruck play is f**ken sh*t... fix it up (won't happen)

Hide Noddy and Dykes in defence... Bailey has to f**ken wake up... any more missed tackles and you're in for a stoning my friend!

How do we minimise the damage that Simmons causes? Well we should use his strengths (high ball, reasonable pace)...SOO mid-field chips are the go, and I wanna see him as the lead chaser for all kicks in fact...

Our Left Centre? God help us...

Anyway that's my take...

:cool:

Mong

Post Whore
millersnose said:
cooper and baz both struggled that game

targeting there centers worked a treat

Excellent idea.. Target the centres...

Lol

Dare ya !!

Surely

Post Whore
There is only one way to beat them, and that is to starve them of possesion, so if we can complete our sets, get a few repeats, maybe a 40-20 or two we are in with a chance.

This is our only chance, if the dragons get more than 45% possesion we are history.

Surely

Post Whore
Oh and BTW I got to the game saturday night, sorry i didn't say hello to anyone, but amongst 17000 people at the game i had no idea who any of you were :)

Dissapointing result, but i got to see flegg and overall had a pretty good time.