What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tagatese

He has a handling mistake in him but we need him in the team.

He makes some momentum changing runs and we don't have a lot of size across our pack apart from Fafita.

Flanno is using him at his best as an impact player off the bench.

carinashark

First Grade
Play the tackle on reply and the amount of hands and elbows around the ball all trying to jolt it out. Or the tackle where one of the defenders will just go for the pectoral muscle of the ball carrier. You see players holding that area after playing the ball trying to rub the deadness out. It's amazing there isn't more dropped ball during a game. Thats what Sh$&@ me when commentators go on about 'poor ball security'.

On form Paulo stays and Prior if fit replaces Taga.

The other issue is Feki if ruled out Leutele will come into team.

Does Flanno put another forward on bench or outside back for coverage

azzah72

Bench
I wouldn't drop tags, yeah he had a bad game but he hasn't been that bad + we are in a winning side for 9 straight.

The formula is working, regardless of the odd bad game from individuals.

I wouldn't drop tags, yeah he had a bad game but he hasn't been that bad + we are in a winning side for 9 straight.

I can see your point, but we have to look how to always improve, his best match was against Knights but that was field day out.

He just seems to be lacking something

MilkShark

First Grade

Nah, we were beat last night and Taga contributed to that massively. We can't afford to be carrying players with those kinds of errors in their game.

One day, those errors will cost us. Taga can count his lucky stars after last night.

I agree

would be a tough thing to drop a dude in the mids of a 9 game winning streak.

id make it a point during the week and a focus for him see if he improves against the cowboys

you look at the way fifita has played this year regarding his play the balls. can easily be corrected.

its good we have competition for spots.

hows capewell going at the jets?

Omnishark2

Juniors

I agree - we need more big bodies, not less.

Yes Taga is hot & cold at the moment - but we need him firing for the finals.

Even when Prior is back, our prop rotation of Fifi + Prior + Taga + various backrowers playing in the middle is still too small. Remember the NQld final last year (and there were shades of that last night v Dogs). We have to persevere with Taga, plus get more size on the bench.

Special K

Coach
Every time someone goes low on Taga he seems to drop the ball. When he runs at full speed he drops the ball. He has to be dropped.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Every time someone goes low on Taga he seems to drop the ball. When he runs at full speed he drops the ball. He has to be dropped.

I think he DOES need to go back to the Intrust Cup.

I do NOT know how JSL is going for the Jets, but maybe we need to give him a chance and drop Taga - even if it's just for a week, to let him know there are consequences...

It won't happen, though...

azzah72

Bench
You guys are all just looking for something to bitch about because your used to us losing haha

I don't think a smart coach would change the team, he might but I doubt it, especially if it makes us smaller.

Card Shark

Immortal
Had we lost, I think Flannos patience may have run out.

Surely he must be frustrated with his handling (& ineffective hit ups).

He was on fire at 1 point last year...must just be a confidence player, form fluctuates with confidence more than most, a bit like Barba.

Has anyone spoke to him...what's he like?

Inferno

Coach
The fact we snatched the game in the last minute should not save Taga from the chop. The problem is twofold in my view

1. We're short on props and;
2. Taga's strength is playing on the edges not in the middle to the field

The first explains the second and the second is why Taga is well down on form.

If D.Fifita's papers are marked than in my view we need to buy another prop ASAP. How f**ked will we be if we suffer an injury or two? As it is the backrow stocks are already stretched covering the props.

Click2000

Juniors
Replace him with big Matt Prior when he's back which I think is next Monday right ?

Taga has disappointed me this year and Prior has blown me away, smashes blokes !!

So there we go - see ya Taga and welcome big Matty !!

Card Shark

Immortal
His heart isn't in it, for whatever reason.

Should be on top of the world playing in that team but is the weak link atm.

A spell in reserves might get him refocused.

Latest posts