What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu endured years of abuse as a Knight: O'Davis

stormbati

Bench
I've been to Newcastle for a few days on holiday. Didn't have a problem, I'm surprised people are saying its a racist town. Is it really? Or are those days just the Johns era?

Mr Saab

Referee
Some of us actually like a 'larrakin'. Probably why people like Paul Hogan were so successful and people like Bob Hawke became Prime Minister. Johns boys are far from being choir boys, but there are alot of us that are prepared to look past their short comings and appreciate their talents in sport and media.

Talent in media?

A Johns is a possum in the headlights
M Johns is as funny as Kevin Rudd to the mining industry.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
not saying none of this happened but if this was the culture if the club how did they hide it for so long?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
That general area definately have a higher racist tendencies than the rest of Australia stretching from the CC up to Byron, ludicrous to condemn a whole town, club or its supporter base though.

perverse

Referee
ITT: the usual suspects grind their axes... whilst everyone else fumbles about an issue that exists everywhere on the planet.

the thread is still missing a cameo from R69... and until that time it won't be complete.

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
Talent in media?

A Johns is a possum in the headlights
M Johns is as funny as Kevin Rudd to the mining industry.

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, black Saab...jackass! You may not like the Johns boys, but the TV ratings certainly indicate that they have something to offer, and unless your name is David Gyngell or Kerry Stokes, I'm tipping they're making more money than you in the media?:crazy:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
for a place so full of sh*t, I'm surprised they have little tolerance for people with dark coloured skin.

perverse

Referee
i'm beginning to get confused about which of you are actually being ironic... and which of you are genuine bigots.

mongoose

Coach
Newcastle has nothing on rural Queensland in terms of racism. It's seriously like deliverance, dueling banjos in some places out there.

Latest posts