What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu Has Played His Last Game For The Knights

antonius

Coach
Seems Tahu has a ruptured ligament in his ankle, and if he has an operation that Niel Halpin is advising he will be out for three months, meaning he effectively has played his last game in the red and blue.
It seems injury is Tahus' constant companion over the last two years, It'll remain to be seen if he's the bargain Parra fans are labeling him to be.

Doctor

Bench
Hmmm, more good news. Time to crank up the Happy Thread again and get the bubbly flowing. :alcho:

NB: Oswin does not condone the use of alcohol as a suitable means of forgetting one's problems or the problems of one's club.

northey

First Grade
:clap: :clap: :clap:
well done parra!!!!!

they have a player that will play 4 games all season next year well done great buy....
just means we don't have to pay him for doing nothing..... :clap: :clap:

northey

First Grade
Honestly, in the end losing Tahu will be a good thing for Newcastle

should have got rid of johns......
he hasn't played many games in the last few seasons.
wonder how many he will play next season ..3??? 4?? 18 ( if we are lucky)

Earl

Coach
If you were going to lose players at least you've lost two injury prone ones :clap:

Note: I wouldn't wish injury upon even the worst of human beings

northey said:
Honestly, in the end losing Tahu will be a good thing for Newcastle

should have got rid of johns......
he hasn't played many games in the last few seasons.
wonder how many he will play next season ..3??? 4?? 18 ( if we are lucky)

Hmm, he played most of 2002 and 2003.. Just got injured at the wrong times.

Ms_Corleone

Juniors
Honestly, the guy has spent more time on the bench the last couple of seasons than on the field. Likewise with Bk, let another club worry about replacing them week in week out. On Tahu's part though it would be somewhat disappointing I'd say not having a final farewell game to end his time with the kngihts. Luckily for him though -the reception would be chilling.

reladith

Juniors
Thats dissapointing. I have a feeling that Parramatta will get more value for money even considering they paid 400k then we have.

This surgery should irradicate his ankle problems for good, meaning he can start afresh for the eels in 2005.

Would have been handy if he could of got that surgey at the end of last season. Thanks Dr Halpin!

northey

First Grade
pity we didnt get the chance to boo him.

but he will be at the last home game.....
he will do the lap at the end of the game.....
he will appear on the big sceen......
he will get booed

miladi

Juniors
les norton said:
I hope he doesnt get booed. I would be disappointed in fans if he does.

I will be disappointed too, but not surprised. The lack of understanding in the fans is something I have been deploring all year.

Fans cry about loyalty when a player leaves or talks about leaving, but the minute he is injured, loyalty flies out the door. Loyal to the team? The team is made up of men. We should show loyalty to them in good times and bad, and this is not always the case. How can we expect it in return?

Nuffy

Bench
Miladi

Its totally different, we actually pay for our loyalty and they get paid for theirs.

Pity Tahu and Kennedy didn't have the same type of loyalty as Tate and Ryles.

Both said they had missed a lot of footy and felt they owed it to the club to stick around and repay that loyalty, Ryles even took a pay cut.

I wonder if that thought entered either BK's or Tahu's head, i wouldn't think so.

Oh well at least he'll have plenty of time to get himself ready for Parra.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
I hope he doesnt get booed.

yeah i hope he doesnt either, besides the fact that he is one of my fave players, i want him to leave knowing what a truly great club the knights are and what a stupid mistake he's made by going to parramatta

miladi

Juniors
Nuffy said:
Miladi

Its totally different, we actually pay for our loyalty and they get paid for theirs.

Pity Tahu and Kennedy didn't have the same type of loyalty as Tate and Ryles.

Both said they had missed a lot of footy and felt they owed it to the club to stick around and repay that loyalty, Ryles even took a pay cut.

I wonder if that thought entered either BK's or Tahu's head, i wouldn't think so.

Oh well at least he'll have plenty of time to get himself ready for Parra.

I don't want to get a blast here, nor prolong an argument, but I don't believe loyalty is something that you can buy. It is something that is EARNED. Just as respect has to be earned.

~bedsy~

First Grade
les norton said:
I hope he doesnt get booed. I would be disappointed in fans if he does.
So do I. The fans there can be pretty cruel though... the minute they though Joey was leaving his was the biggest arsehole... then when he signed on the feild everyone was cheering and clapping, I couldn't have cared less.
I will be clapping these boys off the feild in their last games (not Tahu's) however I should imagin he will still do a lap of hounor.

Latest posts