What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu is a muppet: Cannon

Eels Dude

Coach
Hang about, I'll just get my calculator out..

Umm...lessee..

S00 = Australia's best 34 players..

Kangaroos = Australia's best 17 players..

2005 - Kiwis def Australia
2006 - Kiwis draw with Aust and Roos win in extra time (same tourny the Poms beat us in Sydney)
2008 - Kiwis take the world cup..

As much as I'm a Kangaroos fan, I believe the Kiwis best 17 beat Australia's best 17 out of a pool of 34 players from the 'pinnacle' of League, the SOO (I was being sarcastic about the pinnacle bit)

State of Origin is a hyped up club game..Soccer is a perfect example of hype over substance..

If the International were marketed right, I can think of quite a few Tests in recent years that deserved SOO crowds and were much much better games..

This is League's problem and I suspect that they will do little because they are happy to sell hype to dumbass merkins who think SOO beats Tests..

Cannon had it right..

What are you trying to prove with that point? Bringing up a few odd games where NZ were competitive with Australia says nothing except prove SOO is much better. League's problem isn't hyping test matches up, it's that test matches are considered novelty games because if Australia play their best they will always smash the opposition.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Tahu is the most overrated player to ever play rugby or in the NRL,absolute joke of a player.

People think he is good because he puts on a big hit every now and then,LOL.

Spot On

Coach
Tahu is the most overrated player to ever play rugby or in the NRL,absolute joke of a player.

People think he is good because he puts on a big hit every now and then,LOL.

Yep, still don't understand how his poor form warranted his selection for NSW.

God-King Dean

Immortal
There was an article a few weeks ago about Daniel Anderson telling Tahu he was selfish.

Looking at the way he plays, that's certainly the word I'd use to describe it.

Chook Norris

First Grade
this is rather off topic to the Tahu saga.. but still, wanted to post this here:

Rebels lack star quality, says Cannon

resizer.aspx
Brendan Cannon is astounded by the Melbourne Rebels' inability to land a current Wallaby star.

Former Test hooker Brendan Cannon is astounded by the Melbourne Rebels' inability to land a current Wallaby star and predicts a horror entry into the Super 15.
Last week Test rugby league star Israel Folau announced he would not join the Rebels after protracted negotiations, adding to a long list of players who've declined an offer from the new franchise.
More importantly, Melbourne have failed to lure any big name Wallabies ahead of their 2011 introduction to Super rugby.
When the Force joined an expanded competition in 2006 they signed Australia's best lock and Queensland skipper Nathan Sharpe, which gave the new side immediate credibility.
"It astounds me that they still don't have their roster full, if they'd managed to jag a Berrick Barnes or a Peter Hynes or a Benn Robinson, one of those guys they were targeting, they would have had their roster full by now," said Cannon, the first-ever player signed by the Force ahead of their 2006 debut.
"With the concessions that they were given they should have been highly competitive from day one and I'm astounded they haven't been able to capitalise on it.
"They've been really hamstrung by the fact that they haven't been able to secure a marquee, mid-20s player who's an established Wallaby like Nathan Sharpe was for the Force.
"All the younger guys looked at Sharpie and thought, if he's prepared to make the move and take the punt well that's good enough for me.
"Until they do, and it doesn't look as though they're going to, the fact that they haven't been able to secure someone of that ilk, a reasonably well-established Wallaby, highly-respected and regarded amongst their peers, they're going to really struggle to fill their side with that balance of talent."
The Rebels have been called a Dad's Army by some, after signing aging players such as Stirling Mortlock, Greg Somerville, Sam Cordingley and Julian Huxley.
They have young Test prop-in-waiting Laurie Weeks, who was last week included in the Wallabies squad, capped English five-eighth Danny Cipriani, and some emerging talent but otherwise their star power is dim.
Cannon questioned whether the signing of Rebels coach Rod Macqueen, who steered Australia to Rugby World Cup victory in 1999 amid multiple Bledisloe Cup wins, was the masterstroke it appeared.
"Rod Macqueen is 10 years out of the game, two years is a long time in rugby, 10 years is a life-time," he said.
"The current group of players wouldn't really know who Rod Macqueen is or what his credentials have been so that may not have been the masterstroke that people thought it would have become."
He said the Rebels were also victims of the recent success of Queensland, who lost a lot of players to the Force when they were starting up, at a time when the Reds were struggling on and off the field.
The timing of next year's World Cup in New Zealand also didn't help, with players unwilling to take a chance on the unknown and risk a possible representative berth.

------

i bet this guy wishes they could've recruited some real League "stars".. not players like Cooper Vuna :lol:

Zoggy

Juniors
He did a blog today on the Daily Telegraph Website. 15 questions in total :lol: with a few league bloggers just giving it to him :lol::lol::lol:

Patorick

Staff member
BUMP

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...th-puppet-and-clown-jibes-20100723-10nqj.html

Former Wallaby to apologise for vilifying Peter de Villiers with puppet and clown jibes

July 23, 2010 - 1:23PM

peter_de_villiers-420x0.jpg

No more clowning about . . . Springboks management has taken exception to comments made against coach Peter de Villiers. Photo: Getty Images

Former Wallabies hooker Brendan Cannon is in hot water for branding Springboks coach Peter de Villiers a "clown" and a puppet over his latest outlandish comments.

While Tri Nations governing body SANZAR may censure de Villiers for suggesting South Africa were victims of a World Cup conspiracy in their two losses in New Zealand, Cannon has been forced to apologise for his response.

The 42-Test hooker will issue an on-air apology to the Springboks camp after ridiculing the coach following his extraordinary comments on Fox Sports Rugby Club program on Wednesday night.

brendan_cannon-200x0.jpg

Must apologise . . . former Wallaby hooker Brendan Cannon. Photo: Getty Images

"I've got my own observations about the last two Tests, and maybe I can't say it in public, but we do have a World Cup in New Zealand next year and maybe it was the right thing for them to win the games so they can attract more people to the games next year," de Villiers said.
A panellist on The Rugby Club, Cannon upset South African officials by belittling de Villiers and suggesting he was a puppet coach.
"I can't believe that senior players like John Smit and Victor Matfield allow themselves to be controlled by this guy," he said.
"He is a clown. He surely does not coach the team."
Springboks spokesperson Anthony Mackaiser on Thursday delivered Fox Sports, a Tri Nations broadcast rights holder, an ultimatum they immediately apologise or no longer have on-air access to South African players or management.
A Fox Sports spokesman on Friday confirmed the apology would occur at the start of Saturday night's Test coverage at Suncorp Stadium.
"Canno will make a public apology when we open the coverage on Saturday night," he said.

Last edited:
Won't be talking it up so much after the Wannabies get arse raped by both the Springboks and the All Blacks over the coming weeks.

The Saffa's were plain ordinary against the All Blacks recently but they will still have it all over the woeful Wannabe's. It's going to be horrendous when the All Blacks get a hold of them. It'll be like when Australia play France in Rugby League test matches. Thats how big the difference is nowadays. Rugby Union in Australia is dead as Julius Caesar right now.

Meth

Staff member
I thought Canon would have shut up for a while after his personal disaster.

On that, how eerie is it that two Wallaby hookers (Kearns and Cannon) have had that happen to them in recent years.

That happened to a relative of mine several years ago. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

sharko

Juniors
Those 4 wheel drives in the ciry are a menace..you cannot get a good look out the rear view mirror and with that it leads to accidents.

Eels Dude

Coach
Could be avoided if you had the common sense to make sure your kids weren't playing in the driveway or running around in the front yard prior to backing your car out. Obviously accidents don't happen, but the reason they're called accidents is because they can easily be avoided.

hrundi99

First Grade
Could be avoided if you had the common sense to make sure your kids weren't playing in the driveway or running around in the front yard prior to backing your car out. Obviously accidents don't happen, but the reason they're called accidents is because they can easily be avoided.

:clap:

Well said...

Parra Guru

Coach

To be fair, he was taking his other kids out and his missus was looking after the one who got hit.

Not for anyone to judge tbh.

Eels Dude

Coach
To be fair, he was taking his other kids out and his missus was looking after the one who got hit.

Not for anyone to judge tbh.

Still shouldn't have happened. You can't let a young toddler run around the driveway or close to the road unsupervised. If the poor child were killed it would be his and his wife's fault and their's only. Thankfully that didn't happen though. They were really really lucky. If he calls other people a muppet for making silly comments what does that make him.