What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu Is Number One Target For Union...

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9443976-23214,00.html

So Timana wants to be a center rather then a winger. If he isnt moved to center it may sway his decision. :roll:

What is it with these players? Tahu goes through patches where he can hardly play on the wing, let alone having to deal with the center position. :lol:

If I was Newcastle I'd bring all my off cointract player in for a little discussion....

"If you dont really want to play for the Newcastle Knights....**** off and stop wasting our time!" :x

Newcastle is one of the best clubs in the game when it comes to producing good young players. Does Tahu think he is that special that the Knights couldnt replace him?

If Tahu goes....Newcastle will just bring in a young kid who no ones ever heard of....and he'll do as good a job as Tahu does.

keeney

First Grade
tahu is a great winger, i dont know why he'd rather be a centre, he makes a faribit on the wing, it would take him a while to get used to being a centre, and even then i doubt he'd be as useful as he is at wing

Dr_Zoidberg

Juniors
Just look at Craig Hall, Anthony Quinn and George Carmont. 3 new lads that have been picked up locally and been going great at centre and winger, so if Tahu wants to leave, let him, we have plenty of backup. Though I would rather him stay.

eastsrule said:
He is one player that would play well in my game of Union.

How so?

He runs well and has reasonable hands. Defensively he is ok at best...have never seen him kick so can't comment...would he be any better in Union that Wendell, who unless you are a part of the ARU media liason group, has been fair at best a majority of the time since he switched. Tahu wouldn't be another Tuqiri and would be flat out making the Waratahs first XV, let alone the Wallabies IMO...I do rate him as a league winger, but will reserve judgement on his centre ability

eastsrule

Bench
CouldaBeenAnything said:
eastsrule said:

How so?

He runs well and has reasonable hands. Defensively he is ok at best...have never seen him kick so can't comment...would he be any better in Union that Wendell, who unless you are a part of the ARU media liason group, has been fair at best a majority of the time since he switched. Tahu wouldn't be another Tuqiri and would be flat out making the Waratahs first XV, let alone the Wallabies IMO...I do rate him as a league winger, but will reserve judgement on his centre ability

Well he is quick, evasive and a decently sized bloke. A Union winger needs to be a finisher, thats what he is. Wendell's problem is that he plays behind a sh*t forward pack and isn't actually that good.

Look at Lote, when the Waratahs forwards and insid backs play well, he always dominates.

Booyah

Bench
Let him go then. He obviously wants more money. We don't need sooks like him making threats just to boost up their asking prices.

"I want to play in the centres - that's where the money is."

nqboy

First Grade
And he can take Mason and Cross and any other yawn yawn wannabes with him.

Christ, these blokes have some tickets on themselves, don't they?

macavity

Referee
He will stay at Newcastle - money isn't the most important thing to him, family is - and he wouldn't want to be away so much, or have to move out of Newcastle.

And I prefer him on the wing too - he is at his best when he can get outside of people, and it is harder to do that at centre.

Carmont is a long-term prospect for centre, he is a gun. With another full off-season (i.e. conditioning) he could play for the Kiwis.

Kiwi

First Grade
macavity said:
He will stay at Newcastle - money isn't the most important thing to him, family is - and he wouldn't want to be away so much, or have to move out of Newcastle.

And I prefer him on the wing too - he is at his best when he can get outside of people, and it is harder to do that at centre.

Carmont is a long-term prospect for centre, he is a gun. With another full off-season (i.e. conditioning) he could play for the Kiwis.

Did you even read the article? Tahu said he would go for the money.

If the money is good, that might turn my head towards rugby because my biggest concern is looking after my family.

Thats what he said, you obviously only chose to look at the last bit. The money is gonna be the biggest factor, because he sees money as the best way to look after his family.

eastsrule said:
CouldaBeenAnything said:
eastsrule said:

How so?

Well he is quick, evasive and a decently sized bloke. A Union winger needs to be a finisher, thats what he is. Wendell's problem is that he plays behind a sh*t forward pack and isn't actually that good.

Look at Lote, when the Waratahs forwards and insid backs play well, he always dominates.

Do you think he is any better an athlete than Sailor? And he would still be playing behind a crap forward pack at international level, if he made it and he is no shoe in to make the waratahs anyway.

Union would be better off using Mark Gerrard, Clyde Rathbone or any number of their own juniors that know the game and wouldn't need a couple of million to be basically paid apprentice wingers.

_Johnsy

Referee
All this does it highlight that union have limited talent coming through their ranks.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
They can have him its just like the Matt Rogers Syndrom all over again but a different club - theres a big reason why they are after him and thats because they are about to loose both Rogers and Lote thats all and they are starting to get scared because they don't have the players to replace 2 of their best who happen to brought from league :lol: :lol: :lol:

That code really is a joke!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I always thought Tahu would be a good centre, given time in the position. He can create and finish - centre material.

If he wants to go catch a cold standing on the wing in Union - fair enough you have to look after yourself first and foremost.

However I would have thought his kicking game would let him down in Union, like Wendall and Lote, great runners, but union has little time for great running wingers if they cannot kick.
That is why Rogers is the standout, he could kick.