What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu's deal

Hurriflatch

Referee
I've been thinking about this since he was signed some reports say 400K a year but accoridng to another Parramatta have said it is more like 300K.

Now lets look at this

He was signed for 3 years with a 4th year option, reported to be $1.2 million.

A few things to consider

- Lyon is under contract until the end of 2006
- Tahu is under contract until the end of 2007
- If Lyon returns Parra need to find space under the cap

Here is what I'm thinking may happen
1) The deal is simply worth 400K and the "Parramatta Source" lied to the media

2) The media is beating things up and the deal is in fact worth 300K

3) It is a graded deal 350K in 2005, 300K in 2006 (in case Lyon returns), 550K in 2007 (Lyon no longer under any deal)

4) It is a smaller base fee around $280-$300K but incentives could see it at $400K

but my personal favorite to be true

5) It is a $1.2 million deal but that is assuming he stays for that 4th year $1.2 million / 4 seasons = $300K a season

MAFIA

Juniors
dosent really matter how you work it out you still paid wayyyyyyyyyy to much for tahu.......... and no i am not a knights fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m

Eels Dude

Coach
MAFIA said:
dosent really matter how you work it out you still paid wayyyyyyyyyy to much for tahu.......... and no i am not a knights fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m

Then what are you doing here? :roll:

Nuffy

Bench
In reality, Parra have paid well over 300k a season.

Lets look at the facts.

The club said the deal was close to 300k, so we can eliminate the possibility that it would be under 300k a season.

Because the club said the deal was close to 300k we can eliminate that as the club wouldn't actually tell what they had offered the guy, surely nobody believes that the club would announce the actual amount of the deal.

Plus the club would understate the actual deal to ensure that people don't accuse them of paying over the odds plus by understating the actual deal they are attempting to manage the expectations of their existing players.

How do you think that Burt would feel about resigning for a lower amount than he could have got elsewhere, the club probably told him they didn't have a lot of money spare, and then they lash out 350k a season on Riddell and 350k+ on Tahu.

Plus what about next year when Hindy is off contract, how much to you think they will need to pay him, I reckon 500k+

I think its safe to say that the club has payed well in excess of 300k+ a season for Tahu

Eelementary

Post Whore
He's not a Knights fan.

He's a Moanly fan moaning about the fact they couldn't afford him but we couldn't.

Anyway, nobody can really say who's worth what until the next season begins.

What if Tahu scores 30 tries next year for us, gets Man of the Series in Origin and bags a hat-trick in Australia's tour? Not too many people saying he's overpaid then, eh?

Matta

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
A few things to consider

- Lyon is under contract until the end of 2006
- Tahu is under contract until the end of 2007
- If Lyon returns Parra need to find space under the cap

3) It is a graded deal 350K in 2005, 300K in 2006 (in case Lyon returns), 550K in 2007 (Lyon no longer under any deal)

I think the prospect of Lyon returning is basically gone now because his cap space has been used to take Tahu and Riddell, and then Morrison. I doubt Parra management will be happy if Lyon comes back at all since it will totally mess up plans and he'll then be forced to play for a significantly lower amount. And it seems well be forced to release Dykes and possibly Vella too.

MEE

Juniors
It's all speculation. Let Parra management worry about his salary. All that matters is that he's signed with the Eels.

Parraren

Bench
Well said mee!

Hey, and thanks for the links to the Fran pics in the Sharkies forum. Very nice indeed champ =P~

Hurriflatch

Referee
it says UP to 1.5 million over the 4 years.

400K total over 4 years is UP TO 1.5million the papers really have no idea also from the reports it sounding like a incentive based deal

messiah7

Juniors
Tahu should not have been dropped from S.O.O 3, anyway I am so pleased he is on our side now.... :evil:

PPPFFFTTT! Hes an injury prone winger who cant catch a ball.Dependant on Gidley for his space to score tries.Hell go missing next year from the try scoring list on the back of that Jabronie candyass backline.
By the way-Just met Price/ Ella/ Kenny not more than 1 hour ago.True gentleman and they were taking a wait and see approach to Tahu.

Redback71

First Grade
i dont think hindy would be more than 500k johns is on that and would make hindy probably the highest paid at 600k plus