What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take a Bow Eric, Nathan and Timana!!!!!

mickdo

Coach
Suitman said:
I forgot to mention that I thought the match officials had an almost perfect game.
I was most impressed with Hampsteads disciplne of both teams, and handling of the match.
Of course, he didn't gat everything right, but he was damned close.

It's as good a performance as anyone could expect.

Suity
What drugs are you on Suity??? :crazy:

nöyd

Staff member
Suitman said:
Anasta is really over rated and is out of his depth at this level.

In my opinion, not as much as somebody else out there tonight with number 6 on his back . ;-)

BD5733

Juniors
Suitman said:
I forgot to mention that I thought the match officials had an almost perfect game.

I thought Hampstead was ok, reffed it a bit like an NRL game not an Origin game early on......let the match flow towards the end.

BUT....

Matt Ceccin...the sideline official....hardly an almost perfect game. Every single decision he had to make, he got wrong. Anyone would be very hard pressed finding a worse performance than this goose turned in tonight.

Suitman

Post Whore
mickdo said:
What drugs are you on Suity??? :crazy:

None mate. :D

Half the reason it was such a great match was that the match officials pretty much did their job, and did it well.
I'm sick to death of people complaining about referees and video refs.

Why shouldn't they get a positive when they do well??

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
nöyd said:
In my opinion, not as much as somebody else out there tonight with number 6 on his back . ;-)

I disagree.

Anasta tried, but did little. He had willing players around him.
Lockyer busted his arse but got no support.

Suity

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I know Grothe made some mistakes, but I'd be p1ssed off if Cooper gets back in the team ahead of him.

nöyd

Staff member
Suitman said:
I disagree.

Anasta tried, but did little. He had willing players around him.
Lockyer busted his arse but got no support.

Suity

I agree with you in that Anasta is overrated (but in anyone's eyes, EVERY player is overrated at some stage) but he came out of that match cleaner than Lockyer though, mainly due to the final result.

Lockyer is copping a caning in the Origin forum, and then some.

Suitman

Post Whore
BD5733 said:
Matt Ceccin...the sideline official....hardly an almost perfect game. Every single decision he had to make, he got wrong. Anyone would be very hard pressed finding a worse performance than this goose turned in tonight.

Nobody is perfect mate.

Sure, they all made a mistake or two, but it was as good as one would want for an Origin.

BTW, have you posted anything about Erics mistakes? Because he made a few as well. But then, maybe you conveniently didn't see those.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
nöyd said:
Lockyer is copping a caning in the Origin forum, and then some.

I wouldn't take any notice of that.
Seriously, and as a Blues supporter I am always going to look the other way, I think Lockyer played well tonight. The selected team wasn't one that would give him much support. He was scheming all night but found no support.

Suity

nöyd

Staff member
Suitman said:
BTW, have you posted anything about Erics mistakes? Because he made a few as well. But then, maybe you conveniently didn't see those.

Suity

Suity, you've made 2 posts in this thread now that does mention Eric's mistakes, so it seems you're doing it enough for everyone else ;-) :lol:

BD5733

Juniors
That has nothing to do with Matt Ceccin having an awful game.

I wasn't commenting on any of the Eels players mistakes or performances ni general.

My point was just to say that Matt Ceccin in an instant could have changed the entire result of the match if it were not for a Brett Finch field goal.

If you want matches to be decided by errors made by officials, then yeah....they had a near perfect game.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Can i ask what mistakes.....besides the ball that was jarred free in the second half and rushing up too fast on bowen which he stepped past bet was tackled shortly after!

I dont consider the fight a mistake! Caus it was well deserved!

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Hindy is incredible, just as i thought he was loosing his touch he pulls out a performance like that! :D

i havnt seen him do that many hitups for a few years now, and his defense was rock solid as always

I thought guru had a strong game made a couple of mistakes but when he ran made good inroads and made some good defensive calls

Timana was a bit quiet for mine, im expecting to much of him maybe? but he was solid and will hold a spot in the side

and those touchies!! they have their eyes painted on

parra pete

Referee
I know Mal wants Lockyer at fullback. I wouldn't be surprised to see him (Locky) back there in game 2, with Prince at 7 and Thurston at 6 with Matt Bowen on the bench. Team benefit is the name of the game.
Just a gut feeling. Thurston is a pivot not a half back. Thaiday made an impression when he came on. I thought Stagg was out of his depth. I think Bell might move into the centre with Tate on the wing next game also...

strider

Post Whore
Prodigal Eel said:
Can i ask what mistakes.....besides the ball that was jarred free in the second half and rushing up too fast on bowen which he stepped past bet was tackled shortly after!

I dont consider the fight a mistake! Caus it was well deserved!

yeah i don't think eric did much wrong .... the so called "knock on" was punched out of his hands and backwards anyway - yet the perfect hamster ruled otherwise :lol:

strider

Post Whore
Suitman said:
My view, even though it means Jack...........

1. I don't think many chances came Tahu's way. He did well enough considering his limited opportunities.

2. Grothe was FAR more fired up than I have seen him for a long time. Did some great things, especially those two tackles from marker in the first half, where he just slaughtered the dummy half runner. My concern is that the selectors will be far more concerned about his mistakes, than his positives.
Really, he nearly cost NSW the game with that lost ball and penalty. He also lost another ball from an attacking position. Don't get me wrong, he was strong. Also, don't forget he was only there due to Cooper's withdrawal.

3. Hindy was absolutely inspiring.
He is seriously a freak, a machine. I just will never comprehend how much work that guy gets through. It was also a thrill to see his offensive game on song tonight.
It's been a long time.

Now...........

- Anasta is really over rated and is out of his depth at this level. That was clear tonight. Kicking poor, attack average. Defence - very good, but he is there for more than that.
- Mason was inspiring, as were most of the NSW forwards.
- Anyone who ever bags Menzies hasn't a clue. That guy is truly a legend.
- Sterlo had it spot on at about the 60th minute when he said Stephen Bell needs to get involved. This guy knows how to score a try, and he was wasted by QLD on the wing.
- That was a great Origin game. The legend lives on.
- Lockyer lacked support from his team mates. Too often he was looking for runners and they weren't there. An extra second or two made all the difference to their attack.

Suity

btw - i believe you forgot to mention that Finch had a rather good game despite the bagging you gave him last night :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
well done to the parra boys they all played well hindy was awesome as usual tahu did well with limited chances and guru jr smashed hodges with a couple of good shots and ran hard all night. hats off also to mason and omeley they played well also matt checcin time to pop into opsm mate. qld enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
btw - i believe you forgot to mention that Finch had a rather good game despite the bagging you gave him last night :lol:

You are correct. My mistake.
I meant to mention it.

- Finch played very well despite his limited preparation.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
yeah i don't think eric did much wrong .... the so called "knock on" was punched out of his hands and backwards anyway - yet the perfect hamster ruled otherwise :lol:

Whether that is true or not, it still goes down as an error.

Suity