What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take a Bow Eric, Nathan and Timana!!!!!

strider

Post Whore
James_Hardie said:
I don't know how people can call what Dallas did to Danny Buderus a "kick". He leaned on him with his shin. The Granville Under 6 soccer team kick better than that.
no one said it was a good kick - he certainly won't make the world cup - BUT he tried ... buderus' reaction punch was much either, but they decided to penalise him

Bigfella

Coach
And for a while it looked like Craig Bellamy had been right - in that Greg Inglis wasn't quite ready ... He came good

SMH player ratings were a bit whacko though - they rated Tate 5.5, Tahu 6,Grothe 6 and Inglis 7.5 ... with King 8 Gaz 7.5 and Hodges 8.5

Hardly think that is a fair reflection ... but point ratings are a crock anyway

forward pass

Coach
Gee you guys are tough on Tahu. He made a blunder when he was forced over the sideline, but if the ball doesn't come your way there is not much you can do. The halves were always going to send the ball Gasniers way.

I thought he was sound.

Grothe was his normal self - very good and very bad. He should not have lost that ball and he let Bowen run past him like he wasn't there early on. But good solid debut.

Hindy - where have you been mate??? Welcome back. Wish you could save some of those performances for your other team !!! One of his best games in 2 years.

The ref - Why did they penalise Buderus? Let the play go on ffs. It is an Origin match and the touchie has to run in because Buderus pushes (it was no punch) someone.Give me a break. What is happening to our game ??

Good game - though I think Qld are gunna get us in the next one. They didn't start until the 50th minute and still nearly got us.!!!

strider said:
no one said it was a good kick - he certainly won't make the world cup - BUT he tried ... buderus' reaction punch was much either, but they decided to penalise him

I don't condone what Johnson did but a lot of people have glossed over the fact that Buderus struck him when they were on the ground...Buderus threw 2 punches either side of the leg strike...go back and watch it and tell me I'm wrong.

Hellsy

Immortal
Well I am full of positives.

Eric, Hindy, Timana all played a great game and I am damn proud of them :LS: :HG:

Along with the other players they are living legends, and they tried hard, played fair and fought well.

The Hampster was just fine as referee, I enjoyed the flow of the game and low penalty count

Stagger eel

Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
And look how much more effective he is.

well, I take your point but I don't think we're in a position to find that out at the moment, he may get a spell this weekend but you can guarantee that 9 times out of 10, if Hindy's healthy? and wearing the Blue and Gold jersey he'll be there for the whole match.

Utey

Coach
No doubt, we need him there as much as possible. I have a good feeling this week.

strider

Post Whore
i'd be interested to see how parra go with hindy having some rests ... but i think hindy would tear the coaching staff a new one if they tried to take him off

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
hahah....hindy will KO the coaching staff if he was taken off!....He can still play him 80 min....just have to use him smartly....i.e. decoy runs etc.

Last week was the first time in a long time that i remember when we use a decoy runner...and we scored off it!
I think if we use hindy of this same play close to the line he would be very hard to stop!

parra pete

Referee
parra pete said:
I know Mal wants Lockyer at fullback. I wouldn't be surprised to see him (Locky) back there in game 2, with Prince at 7 and Thurston at 6 with Matt Bowen on the bench. Team benefit is the name of the game.
Just a gut feeling. Thurston is a pivot not a half back. Thaiday made an impression when he came on. I thought Stagg was out of his depth. I think Bell might move into the centre with Tate on the wing next game also...

Interesting to hear Vautin say the same thing on the Footy Show tonight..Locky is NOT AN INSPIRATIONAL captain, that is WHY Crocker was being considered VERY STRONGLY before his suspension. Believe that or not!!!
I know I was ridiculed for making that statement before the QLD team was announced..but it was fact...

Daneel

Bench
parra pete said:
Locky is NOT AN INSPIRATIONAL captain, that is WHY Crocker was being considered VERY STRONGLY before his suspension.

Crocker may or may not have been considered for the captaincy if he wasn't suspended, but you hit the nail on the head with lockyer, he is not an inspirational captain.

Belly in Brisvegas said:
I don't condone what Johnson did but a lot of people have glossed over the fact that Buderus struck him when they were on the ground...Buderus threw 2 punches either side of the leg strike...go back and watch it and tell me I'm wrong.
it looked to me like there was a forearm in the head in that tackle on buderus then he gets kicked in the head, he retaliates and its a qld penalty?? :crazy:

Latest posts