What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

talanoa

Satsok

Juniors
Why wasnt he hooked after about 15minutes?

He has to be the worst winger to have ever played the game.

Johns Magic

Referee
I was at the game with Big Sam from here.

Listening to his cries of anguish every time Talanoa got near the ball was comedy gold.

13zd44h.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
Should never have even been selected. And Lang put up the white flag from the kickoff when he decided to put him on MacDougall/Uate's side to defend.

He's never to be picked again.

blacklock

Juniors
luke lost it for you, by trying to milk a penalty and losing the ball in the process. at that point souths were 6 behind.

knights scored immediately after.

if he holds the ball, then may have been a diff story

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
luke lost it for you, by trying to milk a penalty and losing the ball in the process. at that point souths were 6 behind.

knights scored immediately after.

if he holds the ball, then may have been a diff story

Issac Luke was miles ahead of anyone for our best player, and Souths were never six behind, the closest we got was 10 lol.

Our forwards got rolled, and thats why Sandow and Sutton had bad games. But Talanoa was hopeless, Wesser would of done a better job, now thats sayin something. lol

KempoKnight

Juniors
Issac Luke was miles ahead of anyone for our best player, and Souths were never six behind, the closest we got was 10 lol.

Our forwards got rolled, and thats why Sandow and Sutton had bad games. But Talanoa was hopeless, Wesser would of done a better job, now thats sayin something. lol

Yeh cause when it was 6-0 to the knights we were infront by 10 hey? LOL@50UFF$

boo_boo

Juniors
Its easy to bag a player when he has a bad game but Talonoa just isn't a player of NRL standard & the same can be said for John Lang as a coach for selecting him.
To go into a game like that with a player that has a history of poor ball security as Talanoa has earned then it just proves that Lang had no idea of how to plan for the game against the Knights.
Disappointing end to the season but the promise of what Maguire can bring to the club will hopefully see the club be a lot more competitive in 2012.

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors
Its easy to bag a player when he has a bad game but Talonoa just isn't a player of NRL standard & the same can be said for John Lang as a coach for selecting him.
To go into a game like that with a player that has a history of poor ball security as Talanoa has earned then it just proves that Lang had no idea of how to plan for the game against the Knights.
Disappointing end to the season but the promise of what Maguire can bring to the club will hopefully see the club be a lot more competitive in 2012.

Interesting thoughts.Firstly, I agree with your summation of Talanoa.I have a lot of respect for John Lang but i now think that it's evident his coaching methods are not a good fit with the modern game.
With the game the way it's played now, in my opinion there is only 3, perhaps 4 teams who are good enough to play consisently and make a contest look respectable. All other teams play a game resembling touch footy where the scoreline fluctuates with posession and momentum.How many times do we see one team score 20 or more points uncontested, and then we see the other side respond with 20 plus points. Perhaps this is good entertainment value for tv audiences and perhaps what the NRL is trying to achieve, but for a lot of supporters it's just downright frustrating.

Personally i don't like the game of today, it is far too much of a "lottery". There is far too much emphasis on luck as opposed to great rugby league skills. Even the 3 or 4 sides i mentioned who CAN cope and overcome the modern game also have "off" days and when they occur, they can be hammered by the bottom team in the comp and it's written off as "business as usual"

The only thing i dislike about our side is in a hell of a lot of games, there is just no "commitment" or urgency in our play.Last night was a prime example.You could see right from the kickoff that we were not going to win. How do you change that? Geez i just hope Maguire has the answers because we DO have a playing roster capable of at least top 4. I've not watched much English superleague at all so can someone tell me if it's closely related to the way NRL is played?

Galeforce

Bench
Talanoa,
suffers from not playing like it is his last game. He plays like he is saving himself for the next game. When he runs the ball , he dances or stops when he hits the defence. Complete opposite to McQueen or the Knights winger.
He has the skills , he has the size , he has decent hands however he does NOT play like there is No tomorrow , not sufficient heart. Should be released as he better than NSW cup , however not for us if we want to be a TOP 4 side.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Talanoa,
suffers from not playing like it is his last game. He plays like he is saving himself for the next game. When he runs the ball , he dances or stops when he hits the defence. Complete opposite to McQueen or the Knights winger.
He has the skills , he has the size , he has decent hands however he does NOT play like there is No tomorrow , not sufficient heart. Should be released as he better than NSW cup , however not for us if we want to be a TOP 4 side.

Pretty sure that Tolz is a late starter in rugby league. I was listening to Warren Ryan earlier this year and he said he's only been playing league for a couple of years. Hence the poor reads in defence.

Latest posts