What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tale of two press conferences

cirque

Juniors
Nothing will change in Parra. I think these playsers are more interested showing their face in radio rentals or Mcdonals.... just useless bunch of players...

Gronk

Staff member
The press conference is on Fox Sports News. He certainly is not as flippant and was suggested in this thread. He said we were soft and our goal line defence was disgraceful.

Time will tell if he again has the balls to concede that big changes need to be made.

Gronk

Staff member
I think that what needs to be said by the coach is what Folkes said a month ago at the Dogs.

To paraphrase, Folkes simply said "The harsh reality is that we just don't have 17 players of NRL standard."

To his credit, Folkes & Co have signed a whole bunch of quality names for 09.

Meanwhile, we have signed <insert chirping cricket noise>.

Really, should we be thinking about some kind of visible "Hagan has to go" presence against the Cowboys on Friday night?

Not like there'll be much of a crowd there, anyways, so a group sitting together all bearing "Sack Hagan" signs will stand out...

I think that what needs to be said by the coach is what Folkes said a month ago at the Dogs.

To paraphrase, Folkes simply said "The harsh reality is that we just don't have 17 players of NRL standard."

To his credit, Folkes & Co have signed a whole bunch of quality names for 09.

Meanwhile, we have signed <insert chirping cricket noise>.

But, but, but we have resigned all those top young gun forwards who have being do oh so well the past few months and look oh so like NRL quality stars of the future.

The retention and recruitment policy of this club is a JOKE!!

Really, should we be thinking about some kind of visible "Hagan has to go" presence against the Cowboys on Friday night?

Not like there'll be much of a crowd there, anyways, so a group sitting together all bearing "Sack Hagan" signs will stand out...

And why not "Sack Fitzgerald" signs

Sporting CEO's in America get fired all the time for hiring inept coaches

Stagger eel

Staff member
And why not "Sack Fitzgerald" signs

Sporting CEO's in America get fired all the time for hiring inept coaches

:lol:

please...not that I'd ever encourage it, but a bullet is the only thing to stop him.

hopefully by this time next year we hear of his plan to retire but even that could be as wishful as winning a game against a side without it's play maker.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
"But we said (we needed to win) 5 from 8 last week (to make the finals) so it's 5 from 7 from now on in, so the maths and the equation hasn't changed to much.
Then it will be 5 from 6, followed by 5 from 5. At 5 from 4 someone on the coaching staff will grab a calculator, "Hmmm... 4 - 5 = We're screwed."

Ike E Bear

Juniors
This is unbelievable. The guy doesn't even seem to realise how bad the crap that's coming out of his mouth is. Parra need a consultant psychologist to explain to the powers that be that this tripe is taking the Eels in the wrong direction big time.

The Cowboys with no Thurston is the ONLY team that I can see the Eels having any hope of beating right now. Remember that they actually beat us earlier this season.

Worse than pathetic. I can't stand it much longer.

Hanscholo

Bench
When Hagan says they arent too far from sorting it out. Im sure he isnt refering to his own demise, but im also sure that its what will sort it out.

Gronk

Staff member
As much as you all will groan when I say this, I think that the board (including DF) should not be in the firing line here. Facts are that there is a highly paid coach and a number of high profile (and well paid as well) players who are responsible for giving away cheap penalties, offering poor ball security and a soft defensive line.