What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallest Team

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Joel Clinton has been listed at 197cm but that's obviously a mistake. He'd be about 188cm.

No way is Fitzgibbon 6'6'' (198cm), he's about 6'2'' (188cm), 6'3'' at the most.

On this topic, there a was a blond front rower who played with Canterbury about 10-12 years ago who was the tallest player i'd seen on a field, they said he was over the 200cm mark. He didnt play much first grade, was big and lanky and in a game against the broncos he was targetted & collapsed like a deckchair whenever he got hit. Didnt see him after that.

Any of you dogs fans (or anyone else) remember his name??

attamarrap

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Joel Clinton has been listed at 197cm but that's obviously a mistake. He'd be about 188cm.

No way is Fitzgibbon 6'6'' (198cm), he's about 6'2'' (188cm), 6'3'' at the most.
now way he was taller than me and I'm 6'4"

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
attamarrap said:
now way he was taller than me and I'm 6'4"

You need to remeasure yourself, either that or you were in awe of his fame and imagined him to be taller than he was.

If Craig Fitzgibbon is 6'6'' than so is half the NRL, and Willie Mason is 9'7''.

Fibroman

First Grade
Waterhouse would be taller than Clinton by 2 inches. My guess- Clinton 6'3, Waterhouse 6'5.

steven_tiger said:
todd carney 187cm ahahahaah yeah right!

more like 177. the bloke's not tall!

yeah thats wat i thought...i mean when i met him he was so small...but the raiders website says he is 186cm...so..

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Sione Faumuina actually played a couple of games in the 7 jersey in 2003, so he's surely the tallest halfback ever.

RABK

Referee
Parsons was 202cm.

Ryles and Mason are up around 196cm.

Darren Fritz was up around 200cm tall.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Apparently Matt Parsons was the tallest man to ever play league. It was in an SMH or Daily Tele thing last year. Mason was second, I think.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mason is listed at 195cm, there are and have been plenty of players taller than that. Although I've always thought that he looked at least 198cm.

attamarrap

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
You need to remeasure yourself, either that or you were in awe of his fame and imagined him to be taller than he was.

If Craig Fitzgibbon is 6'6'' than so is half the NRL, and Willie Mason is 9'7''.
I measured myself about 2 weeks ago fitzy would at least have to be 6'5" I swear maybe he doesn't look real tall cause he kinda slouches or something but he was defanetly taller than me

Goldthorpe

Bench
I just went off nrl.com and off my database thats all - So there could be mistakes, especially from my database.

ngunity

Juniors
Paul Hauff would have to be included in any team, he was tall as buggery. can't find is official height anywhere though....

Anyone dig out their old footy cards? they'd have heights....

aqua_duck

Coach
Paul McNicholas was pretty tall. Mason is only 195cm, noway he's 2nd tallest league player ever, Tilse is already about 199-200.

Latest posts