What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tame Tupou is a tiger

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We could be getting a prop in Sam Burgess (Bradford Bulls youngster). Good player.

IMO we have absolutely f**k all chance of signing this guy.

I'd be very happy if we did however.

I'm still waiting for our once a year marquee signing. :sarcasm:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It'll be Jason Moodie.

He's been scoffing down heaps of pies and grog to get himself up to 90kgs so that he can play in our backrow

pappy fritz

Juniors
If he is on little money, I think he is worth a go. He does have ability, but his head can be a bit of a worry. Not unlike Tuaki before he sorted himself out.
His head can be a bit of a worry...are you trying to bye him a hat ?:eek:

Clintos

Live Update Team
So, can he play for you lot this year even though it's after the June 30 deadline?

matty-ducati

Juniors
I can see it already, this will be the marquee signing, then our 2010 season will be injury plagued and tim sheens will not be held responsible.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
I can't see the logic in getting rid of an up and coming winger in Tagive and getting Toupu who is older and has also had some injuries. What's the point ?

nyx

Juniors
So, can he play for you lot this year even though it's after the June 30 deadline?
Yes, he was signed before the deadline for peanuts basically ($500 + match payments) :lol:
We sure do like em cheap

WESTS TIGERS SIGN TAME TUPOU
Friday, July 10, 2009
Wests Tigers has secured the services of winger Tame Tupou for the remainder of the 2009 Telstra Premiership.
Recruitment Manager Warren McDonnell said the 26-year-old had undergone tests on an injured knee under Wests Tigers performance co-ordinator Cherry Mescia. Tupou played for the Brisbane Broncos from 2004-2006 and Bradford Bulls in 2007-2008.
“Whilst Tame was in England, we registered an NRL contract to the value of $500 plus match payments before the 30 June deadline,’’ McDonnell said.
“Tame has returned to Brisbane to pack up his belongings. Wests Tigers will bring him down soon for more tests on his knee to see if he if can play this year. Otherwise we might look at signing him for 2010.
“Some of Tame’s test results were outstanding for a person of his size but we do have a few concerns over his knee.
“In the few days he was at Wests Tigers, he fitted in very well with the players and he has a good personality. He played his junior footy in New Zealand with Taniela Tuiaki and they are firm friends.
“His physical appearance means he could be a very intimidating figure on the wing. Tame has not played for 12 months but in his appearances before that, he was scoring almost a try a game, so if he can get his full fitness back, he will be a great asset on the wing for us.’

ucantseeme

Juniors
Cheap. So it's not too bad then provided he actually is fit to play.

Does seem he are chasing scraps though while other teams are signing quality players.

gordsy

Juniors
What a joke we get rid of a young injury player with plenty of talent only to replace him with an old injury plauged player with questionable talent. Good work Sheens that will certainly fix our lack of go forward :clap:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbf he's not merely big, he's the biggest winger in league history...about 115kg and 195cm of him last time I checked....there's obviously a bit of talent there to work with but I doubt anything will ever come of it

We might have signed him as a prop.

Though if we put him on the wing and he managed to overcome those injuries we'd have the most devestating wing pairing.