What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

mobels

Juniors
JDB to prop rotation and Sims at starting lock? Would look pretty good with an Ah Mau/JDB then Cooper/Packer off the bench.

But with us signing Sims (if true) I hope we're able to retain Thompson as we should have quite a bit money leftover due to Farrell's retirement, Matautia leaving and Creagh's most likely retirement.

Last edited:
Good luck to you guys if he has signed for you. Been nothing but a massive disappointment for us - spent a third of his time here suspended, and the games he actually did play he made two thirds of f**k all of an impact. Definitely not the same player since his injuries. Wasted on the edges as he's got no footwork and barely breaks the line. Only really useful as a bench prop these days. Other than that he's a typical Sims - low IQ thug always on the lookout for a cheap shot

Come don't sit on the fence tell us what you really think of him...:lol:

BigBoss

Juniors
Typical Dragons signing.

Constantly suspended and only a shadow of what he was a couple of years back. He's really been garbage at the knights imo.

Definitely scrapping the bottom of the barrel with this one but for some reason I'm not surprised at all really.

Red V for life

Juniors
He obviously has no respect for Brown, well who would he is a shit coach.

He'll have some new found respect for Browny after a few weeks under Mary playing 'Dragons footy'.

Anyway, if true, he will add some further starch to the pack. Hopefully Thompson is staying put. With some likely retirements next year and us seemingly no chance of signing of a half other than Benji for next year, there should be enough cash in the kitty.

WHOOSHKAA!!

Juniors
Great signing if he stays fit and can string games together will b a massive asset....

Just hope we can keep Thompson as well

He was on 600k at the knights and left because he wanted an upgrade. God only knows what you guys forked out for this big dud.

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Tariq is a hard nosed forward who would turn into a complete Saint at the saints. Ha. I remember him smashing the biggest grub of all time- hodges- so hard I laughed. He got suspended for quite some time. If he keeps his nose clean, we have scored a great back rower. Would you rather marketo or sims in a forward scrap?

Old Timer

Coach
Another journeyman who has failed to deliver on his promise.

He was in a good system knocking on the door of origin and has slipped down the ladder in all aspects of his game.

Now people here are saying, he is a good signing in the belief he will turn it around under our system. That is a complete joke.

Not so long ago many of you were saying what a great signing Mc Carthy was, frankly some of you have no idea what constitutes a good signing.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Must be a halfway decent signing if we have a couple of trolls taking time out of their obviously busy schedule to rubbish a dragons signing....

On a side note, can he play hooker? Not sure backrow is a position we lacked in especially with a weak hooker. Unless of course we are making a play for Korbin as well.

Last edited:

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Could be good, although as many have noted he doesn't bring anything different that we don't already have. Must be a blow to young players like Host if we keep buying other clubs rejects and never give them a go.

kit66

Bench
Sims is the opposite of what we need in our forward pack right now. In a team severely lacking in the scoring of points department I would have thought a skillfull, ball playing back rower like say a Wade Graham or Bryce Cartwright would have been a priority, someone who can create opportunities with a clever kicking and passing game.
Our current forward pack are very competitive on their day but would benefit greatly with some brains in the mix. The coaching team have been working on JDB but he hasn't the natural aptitude of those mentioned above. No doubt Sims will add some grunt but it's not money well spent for mine.

Big man

Juniors
Another journeyman who has failed to deliver on his promise.

He was in a good system knocking on the door of origin and has slipped down the ladder in all aspects of his game.

Now people here are saying, he is a good signing in the belief he will turn it around under our system. That is a complete joke.

Not so long ago many of you were saying what a great signing Mc Carthy was, frankly some of you have no idea what constitutes a good signing.

He has the makings of a good signing. Standing 193cm (6ft 4) tall at 105kg he has the size and we know he once had the aggression and game. I reckon he will have a point to prove and you will see the best of Tariq.

STG 002

First Grade
i have had this 100% confirmed today as well.
my brother works with his best mate that Tariq went to school with.

BennyV

Referee
He'll be fine and is part of what we need - and as a plus, he is the part we are able to get.

When Packer, Ah Mau and Cooper leave the field (all at the same time, in Supercoaches infinite wisdom) we struggle to make any impact, especially with JDB injured. Bringing Tariq on, instead of someone like Marketo, will go a long way into fixing that.

Minh

First Grade
A big plus as reports suggest that he can come this year or even line up the next game. We are missing Masoe and Creagh so it can only be a positive....

ONPOINT

Juniors
Idiots who are bagging this signing. If he gets back to any type of form he was at NQLD then he is one of the most damaging forward in the game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
He will be a brilliant signing. People not happy with this are crazy. But now that Manly is in the mix may not happen. They get who they want usually.