What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

TomRedVRiver

Bench
As I wipe the egg off my face whilst typing this post, i'd like to give a huge wrap to Tariq.

In the off-season I wasn't sure about Tariq starting on our left edge. In fact at one stage I had both Leilua and Host ahead in the pecking order before I had Sims there. Boy was I wrong. He has completely stepped it up this year and is even looking like an upgrade on Thompson.

It's not just his mongrel, it's the effort areas that he's struggled with in the past. He's looking fit as f**k and putting in 100% for his team-mates. Great to see.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sims, in my opinion is most improved over last year. I now think our forwards are amongst the best in the competition, if not the best.
I think that Graham has added a new dimension to how the pack is performing’
Sell off the bench has been playing well. He should be on the bench full time.

With luc out for about 3 or 4 weeks.
So he will get a chance to cement his spot

giboz71

First Grade
He’s a different type of backrower not a classic edge runner by an means.

He’s just a mean bastard that smashes everything in his path, so he brings that intimidation factor every pack needs.

Wasn’t sure it would work replacing Thommo but he’s done well. Well done to him and to Mary for making the move.

FlameThrower

Bench
What about Host and Lawrie? Surely with rep season they should be given a shot - biggest concern for me is rep season in Origin and NZ/England game in USA - huge risk there for us -

Old Timer

Coach
I too have been impressed with Sims thus far this year
It almost appears that being in the run on side has changed his whole philosophy.
As said earlier in this thread he is not a typical edge player but is proving to be a handful and attracting extra attention from defenders which is giving others more space and opportunity.
Good luck to him he is grasping his opportunity with both hands and just maybe JG barking orders has given him that extra determination that was somewhat lacking before.

rednwhites

Juniors
Watching Sims and Debelin murder their opponents has been as enthralling and entertaining as watching the Mundine and Blacklock show of old. They are powering our team with the energy needed to win matches.

blacksafake

First Grade
It’s taken a while but he’s finally gotten his confidence back after 2 serious leg breaks. He also appears to be a lot fitter than previous years & obviously enjoying the “enforcer” role without going over the top. In previous seasons he was getting suspended for lazy high shots which I think had something to do with his lack of fitness.

Life's Good

Coach
He's in beast mode this year so far. Is it just me or does his game remind you of Luke O'Donnell?
Good call. ODonnell was one fearless, tough SOB. It took him a while to recover from his injury(dirty Liam Fulton)but when he did he was just as good. Sims is following the same form line.

Latest posts