What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

Crush

Coach
Agree..and I dont know why I have a sneaky that his brother will be a good signing for us and improve on what I saw this and the past 1-2 seasons. I remember how good he looked at Newcastle but lately seemed to be carrying too many shackles under Bennett.
Korbin will be a beast like his brother.
A great signing this one, all we need now is a marquee outside back and its game on!

Ascalon

Juniors
I think the Sims boys have always been confidence players. When things are going well they are in everything when things aren’t they take a back seat. Tariq has realised the impact he can have and gone to another level I reckon Korbin will lift to another level playing with his big brother and have a great year.

Old Timer

Coach
Tariq for the most part of last year improved his ability to exude aggression and minimise costly penalties.
With Korbin if he continues to be a penalty magnet will his “smashing it up” be enough compensation?
As we are a side that leaks points badly after conceding penalties and we need to make sure we don’t lose the key moments in games.

True_Believer

Juniors
Tariq for the most part of last year improved his ability to exude aggression and minimise costly penalties.
With Korbin if he continues to be a penalty magnet will his “smashing it up” be enough compensation?
As we are a side that leaks points badly after conceding penalties and we need to make sure we don’t lose the key moments in games.

I haven't watched a heap of Korbin's games this year but I didn't notice him being a huge penalty magnet - in the finals game yes, he did give away too many at critical times. But in others I didn't notice anything to indicate he would be our next Jason Ryles.

From a penalty perspective, I think we probably already have a couple that need to pick up their act.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes , am most surprised that our men in the BIG office have not secured Tariq’s services for the next few season . As to his brother Korbin ,he played a whale of a game for the Dragons in the semi bushwhacking of the Broncos , I only hope that he does likewise when wearing the Big Red V . However he should be a great addition to our front row stocks .

41yearsaint

Juniors
Korbin loves to dominate. Most penalties against him where when Broncs pack was dominated. Competion during training probably wont hurt either. Now onto our real problems 3 and 4.

getsmarty

Immortal
Tariq Sims sets NRL challenge for brother Korbin at Dragons
Dragons Den
Tariq Sims has welcomed brother Korbin ‘home’ by issuing a challenge.

The Dragons forward was one of the great success stories of 2018, breaking into the winning NSW State of Origin team and steamrolling Korbin’s former club Brisbane with three tries in the 48-18 elimination final win.

But now reunited in Wollongong, close to their family home in Gerringong, Sims had warned Korbin will have to earn his place in the team, alongside the representative players like Paul Vaughan, Jack de Belin and Tyson Frizell.

r0_0_3906_2439_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Ready: Tariq Sims. Picture: AAP Image/Darren England

“Korbin’s focus should be fighting for a bench spot and focusing on what he can bring to the team,” he said.

“I know what he can bring to the team, but it’s up to him to show Mary what he can bring and add to our strike power.

“Korbin is a really great defender and I’m pretty excited to see him and Jack de Belin standing next to each other and cut someone in half.

“He needs to earn his stripes before he can push for a starting role, he might have to sit on the pine for a while.”

While Korbin’s signing boosts the already impressive forward stocks, Tariq said he hoped the Dragons could secure another wing or centre before next year’s campaign begins.

Nene Macdonald left to join the Cowboys, while Jason Nightingale retired and NRL prospect Reuben Garrick moved to Manly and Patrick Herbert released.

It leaves 2018 debutant Jordan Pereira and utility Kurt Mann, who has been linked to Newcastle, are among the leading candidates to play on the wing, or shifting Zac Lomax or Euan Aitken from the centres.

Junior Kiwis representative Steven Marsters or Fijian signing Mikaele Ravalawa are also in the squad but untested at NRL level.

“One or two (new signings) would be nice,” Tariq said.

“I think the club is in a really great spot, we’ve got a big opportunity to improve on last year.” In a remarkable family situation, Korbin is eligible to play for Queensland, while Tariq made his debut for NSW this year.

Older brother Ashton played for Fiji and sister Ruan is a NSW and Jillaroos representative.

Tariq said he was yet to discuss the finals win over the Broncos with Korbin.

“We haven’t really talked about it,” he said.

“I guess if he gets chirpy I might keep it in the back pocket.”

The Dragons, without Gareth Widdop, were knocked out by Souths 13-12 in the semi-finals.

r0_153_3000_2000_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

New colours: Korbin Sims has moved to the Dragons. Picture: AAP Image/Albert Perez

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5767338/tariq-sims-sets-nrl-challenge-for-brother/?cs=3713