What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

BLM01

First Grade
Once again this comes back to the fitness staff who should indeed had considered the players long term future , as you have said they certainly do have the duty of care to each player .

We know for a fact the the glueless one has said on occasions “ that he said he would be alright so I allowed him to play on “ . As a coach his opinion upon the overall fitness and the extreme of an injury should be left to those whose job it is , not the bloke carrying the magic water bottle but the fitness staff .

Which brings me to an other point with injures - we once had a team doctor , I hope that he hasn’t been given his marching orders to save money .
Their also is some onus on the player to put his hand up....thinking your helping the team by staying out there not able to accelerate and play with injury these days is not actually helping anybody..in fact it showed in his team performances.
I blame all involved.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Everyone could see Tariq was not playing 100% so why couldn't the coach? Why keep playing him if he is injured as that was the obvious reason for his form being down. All those games probably led it to a more serious injury with more surgery/rehab required.

So are we too assume that Mary asks the blokes if they can you play this week? And if they say yes they are selected and if they say No he replaces them? Wow, what a top coach.

getsmarty

Immortal
I can tell you that Mary will not listen to the medical staff opinion he sometimes thinks he nows better .

Ever Heard this story...sounds familiar maybe ???

There was a guy who worked in middle management...His computer wasn't working properly and even though the IT Dept had backed up his files he still wanted to use his computer....Anyway after taking his computer to the IT Dept, they recommended that he not use his computer and that they would need to fix it....

Well low and behold the guy in middle management ignored their advice and the computer stopped working. He then blamed the IT dept for his computer not working....

Happens all the time...Probably happening in an office somewhere in the world right now...LOL

P.S Names have been changed in this story to protect the innocent....The story may or may not be fictional....

Last edited:

True_Believer

Juniors
Tariq is way out of form. Is it confidence, injury or has he become a little gun shy and worried about getting suspended too much?

Personally, I think it's deeper than that.

Agreed - I'm a big fan of Tariq, but there's something going on there. He's providing no impact in attack at all at the moment. Last year he dipped dramatically as well.

Old Timer

Coach
He’s half the player he was. Sure he defends well, but he now offers zero in attack.
IMO both Sims boys need to be moved along after the McGregor/Norman shit show.
I am on record for saying he was a dud signing especially long term and I still believe that to be true and we are just fully realising that but I do also acknowledge that for a brief time he did show real thrust and commitment and was duly rewarded.

I now sense that he knows full well he has little to no chance of ever playing rep footy again and as a result of that he has gone back to the plodder we signed from Newcastle where he plodded even more.

We no doubt played him for a long time busted and that has impacted him but he has become little more than a hac and unfortunately some supporters still get sucked in by the "odd big tackle" & the "odd big attacking run" but they are all too infrequent.

Same as when we signed his brother and all the hype that we now had the "bruise brothers" what an overstatement that was.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I am on record for saying he was a dud signing especially long term and I still believe that to be true and we are just fully realising that but I do also acknowledge that for a brief time he did show real thrust and commitment and was duly rewarded.

I now sense that he knows full well he has little to no chance of ever playing rep footy again and as a result of that he has gone back to the plodder we signed from Newcastle where he plodded even more.

We no doubt played him for a long time busted and that has impacted him but he has become little more than a hac and unfortunately some supporters still get sucked in by the "odd big tackle" & the "odd big attacking run" but they are all too infrequent.

Same as when we signed his brother and all the hype that we now had the "bruise brothers" what an overstatement that was.

Interesting though OT they both played together (Korbin and Tariq) at Newcastle and were ordinary. Korbin went to the Broncos and Tariq to us. Coincidence or not, that without Korbin, Tariq goes ok, with Korbin, both are ordinary.

possm

Coach
Everyone could see Tariq was not playing 100% so why couldn't the coach? Why keep playing him if he is injured as that was the obvious reason for his form being down. All those games probably led it to a more serious injury with more surgery/rehab required.

So are we too assume that Mary asks the blokes if they can you play this week? And if they say yes they are selected and if they say No he replaces them? Wow, what a top coach.
Mary has always played injured first-graders over young replacements. It has proved to be a very poor policy.

redVinme

Juniors
He looks like a tin man when he runs now. I think he's done. No thrust and looks like he can barely swerve at all. Half the time he spins at the line and ends up on his back for an easy hold for the defence.

Prop I don't think so. Blokes will be lining up to hit this version of Sims.

We need more.

We need a big prop to work with Vaughn and a aggressor like hetherington. Not a busted backrower playing prop imo