What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taumata Query

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I wonder if the situation with Taumata will be like the previous situation with Josh Lewis & Ryan Carr? If you recall they were listed in all the magazine's as coming to WT but they were never announced officially by McDonnell, only played in the State Cup (Balmain?) and were never ever listed in the main NRL squad on WT website.

That scenario could explain no announcement.

MacDougall

First Grade
He was announced. Like fifty times. By Sheens, Cousins, McDonnell, Marshall... just look for the articles.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
He was announced. Like fifty times. By Sheens, Cousins, McDonnell, Marshall... just look for the articles.

Mate- I dont know what articles you are looking at but I haver not seen 1 article from WT website officially announcing his signature. Plenty of articles mentioning Taumata in passing but nothing offically saying WT have recruited....... etc. Show me the article announcing his signature and compare it with others definitely annoucing recruitment eg most recently Fulton, Tupou and Fitzhenry.

WESTS TIGERS CONTINUE STRONG PLAYER RECRUITMENT

Friday, 16 October 2009
Wests Tigers has continued its strong player recruitment drive for season 2010 by signing premiership winning forward Liam Fulton to a two-year deal.
Fulton played 76 matches for Wests Tigers from 2003-2008 before heading to Huddersfield Giants in the English Super League for the 2009 season.
Fulton played under Coach Nathan Brown at Huddersfield in both the Challenge Cup Final and the Super League semi-final series.
Despite suffering an early season injury, Liam played 16 matches for the Giants in 2009. He will be a welcome addition to Wests Tigers with his high work-rate, versatility and excellent ball skills.
“Returning to Wests Tigers has me really excited, there is a real buzz about our 2010 campaign,” said Fulton.
“My time at Huddersfield helped develop my game and I’ll return to the NRL a more complete player”.
Wests Tigers has also signed winger Tame Tupou and utility Daniel Fitzhenry.
Tame Tupou has secured a one-year deal with an option for a second year with Wests Tigers.
Tupou is a powerful and hard running winger who previously played for Brisbane Broncos and Bradford Bulls. He has also played Test football for NZ.
Fitzhenry returns after a two year stint with Hull Kingston Rovers. He played 43 matches, mostly at hooker and also filled in across the backline.
Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad.
http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=20813

nomarg

I haven't seen em- nor can I find em.....very strange...

Maybe the club is quite - if he stuffs up b4 the season the club can deny any official link??

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...-whets-appetite-for-tigers-20090722-dtfp.html

July 22, 2009

McDonnell also said reports claiming bad boy five-eighth Arana Taumata will head to Brisbane instead of honouring an agreement to join the Tigers were wide of the mark.

Taumata, who has been sacked by four NRL clubs for a variety of misdemeanours, including assault, has signed a two-year deal with the Tigers for the 2010 season.

However, reports have claimed Brisbane were in talks with the 20-year-old, who is playing in the Queensland Cup with Broncos feeder club Easts.

"There is no problems and Arana will be here next year," McDonnell said.

"We have not had to speak to Brisbane because there is nothing to discuss."

Taumaga's manager Sam Ayoub told AAP the story was "complete crap" and said the New Zealand-born playmaker would "without doubt" be plying his trade in Sydney next season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why is it that McDonnell will announce this signing to AAP but not mention it to Wests Tigers members/fans on their website?

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I may be wrong but I don't recall Brown or Daniella being announced on a WT press release similar to the Cayless or Fulton releases either.

Does it really matter anyway? McDonnell is on record to the press as saying Taumata is signed. To me there isn't a mystery here, Taumata is signed.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-...-whets-appetite-for-tigers-20090722-dtfp.html

July 22, 2009

McDonnell also said reports claiming bad boy five-eighth Arana Taumata will head to Brisbane instead of honouring an agreement to join the Tigers were wide of the mark.

Taumata, who has been sacked by four NRL clubs for a variety of misdemeanours, including assault, has signed a two-year deal with the Tigers for the 2010 season.

However, reports have claimed Brisbane were in talks with the 20-year-old, who is playing in the Queensland Cup with Broncos feeder club Easts.

"There is no problems and Arana will be here next year," McDonnell said.

"We have not had to speak to Brisbane because there is nothing to discuss."

Taumaga's manager Sam Ayoub told AAP the story was "complete crap" and said the New Zealand-born playmaker would "without doubt" be plying his trade in Sydney next season.

Putting that quote from McDonnell in context- he is fighting for WT turf there against supposed Bronco's interest. That article in itself is NOT a confirmation. And all Taumata's manager says is that he will be in Sydney 2010- not confirming with WT at all. AT best ambiguous statement by his manager.

nomarg

Mc Donell confirmed it- but the club haven't announced it - thats all I'm saying.....Gould lited him in our Gains/losses....

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Mc Donell confirmed it- but the club haven't announced it - thats all I'm saying.....Gould lited him in our Gains/losses....

No probs. I do hope he is coming- yes, he's on his last chance, but will certainly provide some depth if anything happens to Benji.

DeeJ

Bench
Hello.

I know a guy who personally know Arana and he will definitely be going to the West Tigers next season. From what I am told he is a really nice guy, but just gets into fights when he is too drunk.

If you guys would like to know more about his move down there (like Sheens plans for him etc) I could try and find out.

H0ust

Juniors
Hello.

I know a guy who personally know Arana and he will definitely be going to the West Tigers next season. From what I am told he is a really nice guy, but just gets into fights when he is too drunk.

If you guys would like to know more about his move down there (like Sheens plans for him etc) I could try and find out.

Who do u no n how do they no? lol

H0ust

Juniors
Hey H0ust, what's happened to Lima definitely signed with the tigers, and to be announced after the grand final? Still happening?

Talks with the Tiges have stalled for Lima. Its a complicated process considering that it may end up relying on Dallas Johnson to decide where he's going in order to set Lima's future. Things were going good for Lima and the Tigers but the grand final win changed it all. I will find out more, may not be for a couple of weeks though as im sitting my final exams for year 12 at the moment.