What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor sounds Sharks warning

The Colonel

Immortal
Taylor sounds Sharks warningSportal
space.gif
086587news.jpg
space.gif
Parramatta coach Jason Taylor has warned his team to be ready for a desperate and hungry Cronulla outfit when the two clubs clash for a spot in the eight at Toyota Park on Saturday night.

Taylor said the Sharks, who have swung the axe in a bid to snap a six-match losing streak which has seen them fall out of the eight, have already sent a message at selection.

"All it says to me is that we're going to be playing a team that plays with a lot of hunger and is really desperate," Taylor told The Daily Telegraph.

"When a coach does that sort of thing, it makes everyone realise that he's furious about people performing."

The Eels have named Wade McKinnon but he must pass a fitness test on his shoulder on Wednesday before he is passed fit for the important clash.

Taylor said that if McKinnon proved his fitness, Luke Burt could be part of a backline reshuffle.

However, the coach hosed down speculation that Timana Tahu, who is battling a knee injury, would be a late inclusion

"He is out indefinitely."
http://www.sportal.com.au/league.asp?i=news&id=86587

blx

Juniors
God Taylors a good coach. We saw it in the lower grades and were witnessing it now. Unfortunately, once again we are also witnessing another monumental stuffup from our %^&*n d* president, Denis Fitzgerald.

The whole coaching debacle of this year is one farce after another, its hard enough to win premierships when you've got an awesome teamlist but when you've got a decision maker like Fitzy at the top creating setback after setback, its near impossible :x

Taylor has the makings of a great coach, cause he keeps things simple and to the point, why even a prop could understand what the gameplan is :lol:

mickdo

Coach
blx said:
God Taylors a good coach. We saw it in the lower grades and were witnessing it now. Unfortunately, once again we are also witnessing another monumental stuffup from our %^&*n d* president, Denis Fitzgerald.

The whole coaching debacle of this year is one farce after another, its hard enough to win premierships when you've got an awesome teamlist but when you've got a decision maker like Fitzy at the top creating setback after setback, its near impossible :x

Taylor has the makings of a great coach, cause he keeps things simple and to the point, why even a prop could understand what the gameplan is :lol:
Just let it go ffs. The decision is made, and isn't going to be changed. Let's just enjoy winning again for a change.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I agree Mick, well said.

I think our attitude could be out downfall in the next 4 weeks, we don't want to start getting too cute and cocky for our own good because all 4 teams despite being in form slumps have players in their side that could punish us bad.

Kornstar

Coach
I remember last year when the GF for P/L was between the Roosters and Parra and people were discussing coaches. There were some people saying how much smarter and better that Shane Flanagan is than Jason Taylor........funny thing is, it is the simple things that JT has done last year and this year that have put us in the positions that we were/are in.......

You don't need to be a genius to understand league and often a genius may over complicate things, Brian Smith was certainly a great Rugby League mind, but that often got in the way of the simple things that needed to be completed to win games........

JT will have a very succesful career if he keeps up his methods, he will be missed by me from our club, that is one thing for sure!!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe our success has come down to the fact the a large chunk of the firstgrade squad including the coaching staff won't be here next year? and that the carefree or stress free attitude has somehow turned into a winning formula which would never have been the case had we possably won a couple of matches earlier in the season.

how i look at it had we won a few matches with brian earlier on, he would of probably hung around and we may not have had the success that we've had now because we would of been at a different level mentaly and physically..

everything happens for a reason and the siutation could well have been different if JT was given the reigns for 3 years on top of his caretaker year and that the psychee of the players may of been different.

on top of the hardwork by the players and JT I'm also putting this form down to the "what have we got to lose" attitude..I hope it continues.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe our success has come down to the fact the a large chunk of the firstgrade squad including the coaching staff won't be here next year? and that the carefree or stress free attitude has somehow turned into a winning formula which would never have been the case had we possably won a couple of matches earlier in the season.

how i look at it had we won a few matches with brian earlier on, he would of probably hung around and we may not have had the success that we've had now because we would of been at a different level mentaly and physically..

everything happens for a reason and the siutation could well have been different if JT was given the reigns for 3 years on top of his caretaker year and that the psychee of the players may of been different.

on top of the hardwork by the players and JT I'm also putting this form down to the "what have we got to lose" attitude..I hope it continues.

It definately comes down to attitude.

Earlier in the year, the players were letting themselves and the club down.

Watching them now, under JT, there is clearly a better attitude being taken onto the field.

Utey

Coach
It came down to pressure, Smithy left and all that went away. I still say regardless of who took over, they would have sucess.

Kornstar

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
It came down to pressure, Smithy left and all that went away. I still say regardless of who took over, they would have sucess.

That is a very interesting comment, sounds like you are talking yourself out of being upset when JT leaves? Which i would not balme you for by the way, i am going to be most dissapointed at the end of this season (no matter when it is) when we have to say goodbye to JT, he will be greatly missed :(

mickdo

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
I still say regardless of who took over, they would have sucess.
Well, given our record for the year prior to Smith leaving it would have been pretty hard not to be successful by comparison. The record with JT though has been ridiculously good as far as an interim coach is concerned. Usually there is a short honeymoon period after a switch and then a drop off, but the form has just got better and better as the weeks have rolled on.

Utey

Coach
Kornstar said:
That is a very interesting comment, sounds like you are talking yourself out of being upset when JT leaves? Which i would not balme you for by the way, i am going to be most dissapointed at the end of this season (no matter when it is) when we have to say goodbye to JT, he will be greatly missed :(

LOL Its very funny you say that because thats just what my mate reckons. Great minds think alike? Maybe your right...

But I just think there was so much pressure there, and when JT came noone gave us a chance. Parra performs best when we are the underdog. I think I would have been stoked with half the wins we had under JT! JT will become a fine coach no doubt however Iam really looking forward to seeing what Hagan can produce.

blx

Juniors
mickdo said:
Just let it go ffs. The decision is made, and isn't going to be changed. Let's just enjoy winning again for a change.

sorry micky doo doo's, did i upset your pleasant vista?

pk76

Juniors
Back to the article, I am unsure about this week. Sharks are consistently inconsistent and they could pull something out of the hat. Hope that the boys aren't complacent.

Eelementary

Post Whore
blx said:

I suppose that crystal ball you've got there with you will tell you just how Hagan went as Eels coach as well as who won the 2007 Grand Final? :roll: