What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te Maari

Parraren

Bench
C'mon Lee was instrumental in the post try celebration at the end.

Some of the best back slapping technique i've seen in years.

pk76

Juniors
Wayne Bennett and Des Hasler have been known to do it quite regularly, infact it took Jamie Buher 2 or 3 games to get on the field for manly off the bench.

Yep, spot on, Bennet also tends to blood his youngsters on wings so they could get experience with the intensity of first grade without too much pressure.

I think there has been unnecessary criticism on DA about this matter. Given the way the match panned out, DA would have found very difficult to put Te Maari in. Te Maari has not played first grade for a while and whether he would have slotted into the side was always questionable.

The game was on the knife's edge in the second half. DA did tactically right to not use Te Maari until he had to.

strider

Post Whore
we're hardly the steam rolling dragons and I'd say Desy has f**ked up a couple of games by not playing a fresh forward for part of games giving others a needed rest.

we were tiring towards the end of that game, comebacks take it out of you - maybe you don't want to chck him in there when the game is on a knife edge, but maybe had he been in there to rest others earlier in the game some guys might have been fresher down the arse end of the game

pk76

Juniors
we're hardly the steam rolling dragons and I'd say Desy has f**ked up a couple of games by not playing a fresh forward for part of games giving others a needed rest.

we were tiring towards the end of that game, comebacks take it out of you - maybe you don't want to chck him in there when the game is on a knife edge, but maybe had he been in there to rest others earlier in the game some guys might have been fresher down the arse end of the game

It is easier in hindsight to make decisions about when to interchange and so on.

Put yourself in DA's shoes. You would not put Te Maari in the first half when your team is getting massacred because of the reasons I mentioned in the earlier post. The aim of DA at the time was to get the team back to a competitive position, not worrying about getting Te Maari a run... DA did that with planned interchange of Fui and Mannah.

I am sure if the game panned out differently, Te Maari would have been introduced a lot earlier.

We often criticise coaches for what they could have done instead of giving credit for what they did.

strider

Post Whore
i just hope te maari gets another shot - he could be quite a handy player and it'd be good to see what he is capable of

bradeel

Juniors
I reckon Te Maari was only really there as cover for Ben Smith, who obviously has some problems with that knee (?) that saw him miss games and go off halfway through the Cowboys game.

I'd say that Ando would have gone in with the gameplan of playing a 16 man game for the entirety and hopefully would have told Te Maari that he'd be most likely to get a run if someone went off injured. He clearly felt that Kris Keating could be dummy half for the full 80 mins.

Eels Dude

Coach
Given we had 4 forwards on the bench, it would be unnecesarry to use him unless we had to as we play with a 3 forward rotation every week. Be silly to take Hindy and Benny off just to give Te Mari a go when they're playing well and able to play for 80 minutes.

Suitman

Post Whore
It is easier in hindsight to make decisions about when to interchange and so on.

Put yourself in DA's shoes. You would not put Te Maari in the first half when your team is getting massacred because of the reasons I mentioned in the earlier post. The aim of DA at the time was to get the team back to a competitive position, not worrying about getting Te Maari a run... DA did that with planned interchange of Fui and Mannah.

I am sure if the game panned out differently, Te Maari would have been introduced a lot earlier.

We often criticise coaches for what they could have done instead of giving credit for what they did.

I reckon Te Maari was only really there as cover for Ben Smith, who obviously has some problems with that knee (?) that saw him miss games and go off halfway through the Cowboys game.

I'd say that Ando would have gone in with the gameplan of playing a 16 man game for the entirety and hopefully would have told Te Maari that he'd be most likely to get a run if someone went off injured. He clearly felt that Kris Keating could be dummy half for the full 80 mins.

Nope, I feel Ando has erred on this occassion. He should have been up front with Te Maari and told him that he'd be riding a bike in front of 22000 people for 79 minutes, and to make it as entertaining as possible.
The kiddies love that sort of stuff. The sort of stuff that keeps the crowds coming back.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
maybe they could have brought out some more gym equipment and made it worth his while .... a bit of rowing, maybe some bench presses - might have got the crowd going

Suitman

Post Whore
maybe they could have brought out some more gym equipment and made it worth his while .... a bit of rowing, maybe some bench presses - might have got the crowd going

If they'd had a treadmill he would have clocked up more metres than Hayne, and maybe been in line for some Dally M points.

Suity

fanaticeel

Juniors
Stop giving him a hard time, he's been busting his arse to try and get back into grade and try to modify his off field behaviours. He use to go alright at dogs, at times. And as Oscarman pointed out how many of us would love to pull on the Blue and Gold of the eels.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stop giving him a hard time, he's been busting his arse to try and get back into grade and try to modify his off field behaviours. He use to go alright at dogs, at times. And as Oscarman pointed out how many of us would love to pull on the Blue and Gold of the eels.

mate, i don't think it's a dig at lee just the situation he was in, i think all of us aknowledge the hard work this guy has made since he arrived at Wenty and was rewarded with a residents jersey a few weeks back.

I spoke to someone close to the Wenty camp resently who has nothing but praise for the bloke for his attitude and professionalism since he's been there, he actually made special mention of it..

tbh I hope we nut out a deal for him for next year because i think he deserves it.

strider

Post Whore
no one's giving him a hard time ... if anything DA is copping the hard time for not playing him

Fathead

Bench
Te Maari and Reni Matua in the second row for the eels (rotation with Hindy) ... now that would be good.
Put Ben Smith at Lock

big boppa eel

Juniors
mate, i don't think it's a dig at lee just the situation he was in, i think all of us aknowledge the hard work this guy has made since he arrived at Wenty and was rewarded with a residents jersey a few weeks back.

I spoke to someone close to the Wenty camp resently who has nothing but praise for the bloke for his attitude and professionalism since he's been there, he actually made special mention of it..

tbh I hope we nut out a deal for him for next year because i think he deserves it.
Hey Staggers what are the chances of him being named in tomorrows team?

Daneel

Bench

Hey i was just having a look at your predictions. Looks like your a good chance at 1 out of 5. Julia has done a number on ya. :lol: