What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2025

Yosh

Coach
Just for fun and because it six that we are out week 1 of the finals.

1. Ponga
2. Sharpe
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew

6. Gamble
7. Moses

8. RCG
9. Arthur
10. Thompson
11. Lucas
12. Frizell
13. Elliot

14. Crossland
15. JSaf
16. Sua
17. KPP

Team that is even 1% possible.

PhilGould

Bench
Predicting:
- DSaf, Brailey and Hastings all go
- Any additions for next year are cheaper fringe players
- Leo re-signs before hitting free agency (irrelevant for next year but still included)
- Pezet signs for 2026 but can’t get him early

1. Ponga
2. Sharpe / Schiller
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew
6. Gamble
7. New signing / Cogger
8. Saifiti
9. Crossland
10. Thompson
11. Lucas
12. Pearce-Paul
13. Elliott

14. Arthur
15. Frizell
16. Hetherington
17. New signing (maybe a Croker/Jones re-signing) / Su'a / Hopwood / Cant / T. Thompson

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Predicting:
- DSaf, Brailey and Hastings all go
- Any additions for next year are cheaper fringe players
- Leo re-signs before hitting free agency (irrelevant for next year but still included)
- Pezet signs for 2026 but can’t get him early

1. Ponga
2. Sharpe / Schiller
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew
6. Gamble
7. New signing / Cogger
8. Saifiti
9. Crossland
10. Thompson
11. Lucas
12. Pearce-Paul
13. Elliott

14. Arthur
15. Frizell
16. Hetherington
17. New signing (maybe a Croker/Jones re-signing) / Su'a / Hopwood / Cant / T. Thompson
Got to 7 and immediately lost hope.

Woody90

Juniors
Why all the Parra players Yosh lol?

1. Ponga
2. Sharpe
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew

6. Gamble (maybe Pryce later in the year if he has a great off season but I doubt it)
7. New signing hopefully/but likely Cogger

8. JSaf
9. Brailey/Crossland if Brailey goes
10. Leo
11. KPP
12. Lucas
13. Elliott

14. Crossland/Arthur if Brailey leaves
15. Friz
16. Simple Jack/Croker/Jones
17. Simple Jack/Croker/Jones

Schiller to cover outside back injuries. Will likely get a lot of FG doing that.
Cant/Su’a/Hopwood etc will get a lot of chances during the year.
Hastings will go back to SL imo.

Rod

Bench
I'm happy for Brailey that he got through a whole season. He's probably overpaid still but it's not the most gratuitous overpay we have. If he stays it wouldn't be the worst thing. Crossland is probably not the full time answer at 9 and Arthur doesn't sound ready.

Apey

Staff member
Just for fun and because it six that we are out week 1 of the finals.

1. Ponga
2. Sharpe
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew

6. Gamble
7. Moses

8. RCG
9. Arthur
10. Thompson
11. Lucas
12. Frizell
13. Elliot

14. Crossland
15. JSaf
16. Sua
17. KPP

Team that is even 1% possible.
Ok but where is SBW?

Yosh

Coach
RCG is looking for a club around Sydney and there was lots of noise around a month ago about Moses leaving Parra so, wishful thinking really haha.

Apey

Staff member
The only problem with Brailey/Crossland is Crossland isn't exactly what I'd call an impact player.

I don't think the halves are fixable next year, it's likely it will be some combination of Crossland/Cogger/Gamble/Pryce. It'd be nice to have the typical bench hooker role in 14.

I’d rather a 9/14 rotation of Brailey/Crossland than Crossland/some guy that Parra fans couldn’t wait to get rid of.
yeh fans. Someone somewhere must think differently, isn't he a u/19 SOO hooker? If so there are 2 possibilities - 1) the fans dont know what they are talking about or 2) the future of a key position in the N.S.W spine is dire.

He must have potential.

Woody90

Juniors
yeh fans. Someone somewhere must think differently, isn't he a u/19 SOO hooker? If so there are 2 possibilities - 1) the fans dont know what they are talking about or 2) the future of a key position in the N.S.W spine is dire.

He must have potential.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to anything most Eels fans say about anything to do with the Arthurs. They’re not exactly objective. Saying that though MA’s signing didn’t fill me with much excitement when we first signed him and still doesn’t. I also get the impression we’re being used as BA’s babysitter until Dad comes back and takes him to Perth lol.

I reckon we’ll keep Brailey unless Parra want to basically take the full contract on.

macavity

Referee
Apparently have signed Taj Annan from the QLD Reds, young newie boy coming home. Sounds like a bit of a Matt Burton type, 193cm 100kg and plays anywhere in backline including halves. Fingers crossed he is a gun, we need one.

mozza91

Coach

He must have potential.
Hopefully. Parra’s FG hooker options are horrible and they let him go so I’m not too confident about it. I’d be happy to keep Brailey or go Riley Jones at 14.

mozza91

Coach
Apparently have signed Taj Annan from the QLD Reds, young newie boy coming home. Sounds like a bit of a Matt Burton type, 193cm 100kg and plays anywhere in backline including halves. Fingers crossed he is a gun, we need one.
Good kid who mostly played League as a kid. Definitely has the talent.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Am I the only one who doesn't rate KPP? I know he's been utilised poorly as well, but I just don't think he's that good either.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong. He really needs to be better next year.

Burwood

Bench
Am I the only one who doesn't rate KPP? I know he's been utilised poorly as well, but I just don't think he's that good either.

He’s our 3rd best backrower. Even if he’s poorly utilised, he isn’t showing much with the ball in hand. Lucas has run rings around him this year for a fraction of the price.

Rod

Bench

He looked fantastic in the first quarter of the season but has fallen off quite a bit since. Not sure if it's the grind of the NRL or not being used properly, probably both.

We should remember he spent more than half of this season running onto short balls from Hastings, with no Ponga out the back, that the defence could read a mile away. Fix that and he could be really useful with Lucas on the other side.

Apey

Staff member
KPP looks like he has the physical attributes but then never really manages to do much. He'd want to have a big off-season or he'll find himself on the chopping block too.

Latest posts