What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team budgets 2015/16

langpark

First Grade
Here are the team budgets from the season gone by...

352fccp.jpg

Anyone here in the know about French Rugby League? Can you shed any light on how next season may look? I would hope that the gap between the top 4 and the rest could start to close a little bit.

Also, any idea on what the budget of a top Elite 2 team (like Albi for example) might be?

Tonin

Juniors
Toulouse (TO XIII) should be in League one (nothing is done but...) and his reserve team, Toulouse Broncos (in Elite 2 this year) in Elite 1 if Toulouse leave.
And probably Albi in Elite 1.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Such a small regional based comp. it would be great a rich investor could bring in 0ld giants Marseille, Lyon, Bordeaux, for example, keep traditional heavies like Carcassonne, Toulouse, Albi, Catalans and add Montpellier, Paris de Celtic, Nantes. Wola a national comp worthy of Treize Rugby a` France :)

langpark

First Grade
Such a small regional based comp. it would be great a rich investor could bring in 0ld giants Marseille, Lyon, Bordeaux, for example, keep traditional heavies like Carcassonne, Toulouse, Albi, Catalans and add Montpellier, Paris de Celtic, Nantes. Wola a national comp worthy of Treize Rugby a` France :)

Lyon already exist and there's a fair bit of RL activity going on up in their region. Sadly though, it seems they will never be more than the average Elite 2 team they are now. Same goes for Montpellier, though they are usually found struggling at the bottom, which is a real shame. Would be great if these two could really grow into solid Elite 1 sides some day.

jim_57

Staff member
I read from a French poster on another forum that the Montpelier soccer co-owner was keen on getting involved with the local Elite 2 team with big aspirations.

langpark

First Grade
I read on the FFRXIII website that Elite 2 newcomers Villegailhenc-Aragon have a budget of 45,000eu. I think that's pretty low, even for Elite 2. I hope they'll be able to compete.

langpark

First Grade
Here are the team budgets from the season gone by...

352fccp.jpg

Anyone here in the know about French Rugby League? Can you shed any light on how next season may look? I would hope that the gap between the top 4 and the rest could start to close a little bit.

Also, any idea on what the budget of a top Elite 2 team (like Albi for example) might be?

Here are this season's budgets. It's a shame, most seem to be spending less than last season!

Toulouse Olympique Broncos: €2,000,000 (I can only assume that's for both squads)
Carcassonne: €800,000
St Esteve: €600,000
Lezignan: €600,000
Avignon: €430,000
Limoux: €405,000
Albi XIII: €400,000
Palau XIII: €250,000
Villeneuve: €200,000 (though they're still at risk of going into administration apparently)

Latest posts