What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for 2007

Smiley

Bench
miccle said:
Denan Kemp should get the nod IMO Yippee. He has played quite a bit of fullback in his time and is great under the high ball and in support play.

Mzembe and Michaels on the wings :)

What was the young fullback how filled in for a couple of games last year I can't remember his name.

Daza_06

Juniors
What has Darius Boyd done to not be put into any of these first grade sides, played all 06 on the wing and i thought was a great player for the broncos and a player for the future. Most people won't agree with what im about to say but he is a better winger than Tame Tupou. Yes Tupou can be damaging but he makes clumsy mistakes and doesnt take the right options in defence. Boyd hasn't done much wrong, don't see why he would be dropped for the start of next season.

Also Tate is a centre. Had an aswsome season this year and looked to be enjoying himself in the centres. He is soo destructive with the ball in his hands and can make breaks from nothing, he knows his way to the try line. He is wasted talent if put on the wing.

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Brent Tate
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Shane Perry/Brent McConnell
8. Brad Thorn
9. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. David Stagg
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Shaun Berrigan
15. Corey Parker
16. Dane Carlaw/David Taylor
17. Ben Hannant

Reserves: Greg Eastwood

JW

Coach
Daza_06 said:
What has Darius Boyd done to not be put into any of these first grade sides, played all 06 on the wing and i thought was a great player for the broncos and a player for the future. Most people won't agree with what im about to say but he is a better winger than Tame Tupou. Yes Tupou can be damaging but he makes clumsy mistakes and doesnt take the right options in defence. Boyd hasn't done much wrong, don't see why he would be dropped for the start of next season.

I couldn't agree more.

The impression I get is that some people are of the opinion that Boyd is there purely to "fill the gap" on the wing whilst we fiddle and fart around trying to find a more flashy wing combination to revive the Sailor/Tuqiri days.

It's not neccessarily what we need, to be honest.

Although he's currently not in the same class, Boyd in my view is very much a Michael DeVere type of player. He does his job in attack and defence without the fuss and fireworks and is generally error free. And, unlike Tupou, he has a much more balanced game and is less of a liability. His value to the team seems to be quite underrated in my opinion.

Boyd in his debut season has been one of our best and most consistent performers, which is why the coach has kept him around in every game he's been available for.

I'd have him as a certainty for a wing position next year, without question.

Darius is the one with a premiership ring on his finger and blokes like Michaels, Tupou, et al, will need to earn their spot.

Big Pete

Referee
Agreed JW, I have a lot of respect for Boyd.

My team:
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Tame Tupou
3. Justin Hodges
4. Brent Tate
5. Darius Boyd
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Shane Perry
8. Brad Thorn
9. Michael Ennis
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. David Stagg
13. Tonie Carroll

14. Corey Parker
15. Dane Carlaw
16. Ben Hannant
17. Shaun Berrigan

Reserves:
Greg Eastwood (2nd Row/Lock)
Dave Taylor (Prop/2nd Row)
Nick Kenny (Prop)
Ian Lacey (Hooker)
Steve Michaels (Wing)
Brett McConnell (Half)
Joel Moon (Lock/Five Eigth)
Denan Kemp (Wing)
Jame Simpson (Centre/Wing)

Hunt
Michaels
Hodges
Tate
Tupou/Boyd
Lockyer maybe
Perry/Ennis
TC
Thorn
Thaiday
Civo
Berrigan
Hannant

Interchange: Ennis, Parker, Carlaw, Eastwood, Taylor

I feel Hannant has come along way and will be able to cope in the starting side despite is tremoundous impact off the bench in 2006. Also Berrigan has to start the season as hooker. He was the reason for our premiership win. He is also the reason why we had to wait so long for another title, becoz he wasnt play there vy silly wayne. He is not a centre/half back etc, hes so strong up the middle of the ruck its not funny. Ennis can be thrown on anywhere, and his versatility can be vital, he can play anwhere and can replace McGuire as Mr Fix it. However if we are struggling for a half back during the season, i wouldn't mind seeing Ennis combine with Lockyer in the halves, he has a great boot and of course can kick goals. Also, he has bullet like passes. In 2005 he was a success at halfback for the Dragons and almost took them to a GF until choking.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
miccle said:
Clydesdales:

1. Nick Parfitt
2. Denan Kemp
3. Jason Moon
4. Jamie Simpson
5. Darius Boyd
6. Ben Green
7. Brent McConnell
8. Dave Taylor
9. Ian Lacey
10. Nick Kenny
11. John Te Reo
12. Greg Eastwood
13. Joel Moon

14. Lachlan Morgan
15. Chris Muckert
16. Lynden Murphy
17. Gideon Mzembe

Missing Clifford manua he wil be there for sure!

Big Pete

Referee
That was posted back before we even won the premiership let alone signed Manua. :p

He should be there though, can't wait to check him out.

steeden.

Juniors
my 2 cents:

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Tate
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Perry
8. Parker
9. Berrigan
10. Civoneceva
11. Thaiday
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Hannant
15. Carlaw
16. Eastwood
17. Ennis

McCrud

Juniors
I'm more interested in what the squad is going to look like in '08 - we may lose the likes of Berrigan, Thorn and Tate, maybe even more.....

Smiley

Bench
Parker was the first choice kicker against Celtic Crusaders (2/2), mainly because Ennis started from the bench but when he came on Ennis was first choice (2/2). Hodges also had a go at goal kicking (0/1).